They totaled my Viper today

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am driving the 8000 lb Dodge Challenger with 6 cylinders. I love the look of the car and I love Dodges, but this thing is a lead sled. I wouldnt race a tractor in this thing.:cool:

But I love the look.

But Obama loves you for driving an underpowered 6 cylinder car. It's the green thing to do. It is such a sacrifice that Obama will probably award you the Medal of Freedom. Don't laugh. Obama got the Nobel Prize for doing nothing so anything is possible. LQ.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Obama loves you for driving an underpowered 6 cylinder car. It's the green thing to do. It is such a sacrifice that Obama will probably award you the Medal of Freedom. Don't laugh. Obama got the Nobel Prize for doing nothing so anything is possible. LQ.

I am just happy that car dealerships are still in business so I can take the car to, and that Dodge is still making Challengers.

Had McCain and Palin been in the White House these two clowns who said the economy was just fine back in 2008 the day after Lehman Bros went under would have done nothing to stimulate the economy and nothing to help our car manufacturers and Dodge would be no more.

AND I am about to enter the nightmare of dealing with crooked ass insurance companeys that McCain woudl have de-regulated even more so much that they would simply offer me $10,000 for the car and tell me to go f*ck myself....or sue...and end up in Federal Court with a McCain appointed judge who was put into office by crooked ass insurance companeys and oil companies like BP has put judges in position down in the Gulf to rule against the "little people" as BP called the citizens down in the Gulf area

If McCain had won I would be driving a Hyundai and used Vipers would be $170,000 b/c not only would there be no more Viper, there would be no more Dodge or GM.

And a woman who thinks she has foreign policy experience b/c she can see a Russian Island from her backyard would be a heartbeat away from the oval office....

:rolleyes:

I would much rather take the 6 cylinder lead sled to the alternative!!:D

ok, I took the bait...now lets have at it!:nunu:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest you keep this thread on track with the original topic. Your post is filled with stupid.

GlennSullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On a positive note, if you do get a fair and reasonable settlement, there are great deals out there on the many available 2009 vipers. These cars put down 550-560 RWHP bone stock. I sold my 04 over the winter and bought a new 09. The difference in the performance between the 2 cars is simply amazing!

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a positive note, if you do get a fair and reasonable settlement, there are great deals out there on the many available 2009 vipers. These cars put down 550-560 RWHP bone stock. I sold my 04 over the winter and bought a new 09. The difference in the performance between the 2 cars is simply amazing!

That is really great. I think I will go Gen 4 with bolt ons to see how that goes...provided I am not bogged down in a lengthy court battle with the insurance guys and with the company that totaled my car.

Are there any Gen 4's with ported heads around?

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss these jabs. :D (Besides, Palin actually sat in Viper).

I do too...but invariably it starts off as fun and satire then it gravitates to people getting really ********** and very angry and taking things very personal....that is the downside.:nono:

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the stock internal engine parts of the 04 are probably the worst of any Viper year. Very prone to rod failure and oil starvation. I paid 24k to overcome these issues. I had a rod failure in CT in 07 that caught my engine on fire. Thats why I had ny new engine built.

I would only by a Gen 3 if it had a swinging arm oil pan AND upgraded rods.

That is exactly what happend to my car. She spun a bearing. I never had the car at the track and never in my life blew a motor. Chuck Tator said it was common. He pulled it and had it rebuilt by Arrow about 1000 miles ago. I would think you just need the pick up retrofit. So she pivots back and forth. Good luck.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man I'm very very sorry to hear about your loss. I shed a tear for you.

A bit of advice from a friend, (for future reference) if you want to race every sports car or muscle car that pulls up next to you, you yourself are going to end up wrecking a car someday. You nor I really wanna see that happen.

Also, think positive. You can get a nice 1-2 year old used gen 4 with mods already or add some bolt ons, or an already supercharged gen 3 for a killer price. The gen 4 would be a much better car to start with but gen 4 mods are limited unless you want to spend serious dough for twin turbos. If you buy a viper, buy one with mods already done as you'll save a ton. Or you could buy a used Lambo gallardo, theyre selling cheap for like 80grand. Keep your head up! This is an opportunity to get a better car. Life goes on, gotta roll with the punches. :)

Last edited:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am driving the 8000 lb Dodge Challenger with 6 cylinders. I love the look of the car and I love Dodges, but this thing is a lead sled. I wouldnt race a tractor in this thing.:cool:

But I love the look.

I test drove a hemi Charger and a V6 Challenger yesterday. They both drove like lead sleds compared to even my 1999 C5 vette. I bought the V6 Challenger for a daily driver and take delivery Tuesday. If I waited till next year, there would be a luxury tax on all cars over $10k. (Sorry, couldn't resist)LMAO

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I test drove a hemi Charger and a V6 Challenger yesterday. They both drove like lead sleds compared to even my 1999 C5 vette. I bought the V6 Challenger for a daily driver and take delivery Tuesday. If I waited till next year, there would be a luxury tax on all cars over $10k. (Sorry, couldn't resist)LMAO

Hey...but at least there will still be Dodges around to buy! ;)

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just happy that car dealerships are still in business so I can take the car to, and that Dodge is still making Challengers.

Had McCain and Palin been in the White House these two clowns who said the economy was just fine back in 2008 the day after Lehman Bros went under would have done nothing to stimulate the economy and nothing to help our car manufacturers and Dodge would be no more.

AND I am about to enter the nightmare of dealing with crooked ass insurance companeys that McCain woudl have de-regulated even more so much that they would simply offer me $10,000 for the car and tell me to go f*ck myself....or sue...and end up in Federal Court with a McCain appointed judge who was put into office by crooked ass insurance companeys and oil companies like BP has put judges in position down in the Gulf to rule against the "little people" as BP called the citizens down in the Gulf area

If McCain had won I would be driving a Hyundai and used Vipers would be $170,000 b/c not only would there be no more Viper, there would be no more Dodge or GM.

And a woman who thinks she has foreign policy experience b/c she can see a Russian Island from her backyard would be a heartbeat away from the oval office....

:rolleyes:

I would much rather take the 6 cylinder lead sled to the alternative!!:D

ok, I took the bait...now lets have at it!:nunu:

He's back!!!! At least somehting good came out of the wreck. No bait. Just trying to get your mind off of the loss of the use of your car. That's what friends are for. Obama is not a debatable subject anymore. The whole world knows that he is incompetent. Admit it. Even you know he turned out to be exactly what some of us predicted. I am not saying that McCain and Palin were/are perfect. Far from it. It's just that they became irrelevant on November 3, 2008.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole world knows that he is incompetent. Admit it. Even you know he turned out to be exactly what some of us predicted. I am not saying that McCain and Palin were/are perfect. Far from it. It's just that they became irrelevant on November 3, 2008.

:2tu:+2:2tu:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's back!!!! At least somehting good came out of the wreck. No bait. Just trying to get your mind off of the loss of the use of your car. That's what friends are for. Obama is not a debatable subject anymore. The whole world knows that he is incompetent. Admit it. Even you know he turned out to be exactly what some of us predicted. I am not saying that McCain and Palin were/are perfect. Far from it. It's just that they became irrelevant on November 3, 2008.

Actually I think he is doing a great job. I think peoples expectations of any President are not realistic. However pulling the nation back from the brink of depression in 18 months is impressive. As Americans we tend to have very short memories...we tend to forget that the country was losing something like 700,000 jobs per month when Obama took office, we are now creating jobs at around 16,000 per month. Of course people will complain about that too, saying these are sh*tty jobs, but tell that to the people who can now pay their mortgage or put food on the table. And it was not too long ago with gas for my Viper was bordering on $5.00 per gallon...

Oh, yeah, and the leader of the GOP party just said our economic crisis was comparable to an ant.....ok....that is a familiar theme.

Basically the GOP will resist EVERTHING Obama does, the Democrats will support EVERYTHING Obama does, and the Independents will make up their minds thelast 90 days before the election.

But I will tell you this, simply saying NO to everything is not a policy and not a solution. It is always much tougher to actually govern than it is to stay popular.

Thats just reality, and simply saying less government and lower taxes is not a policy s much as it is a slogan. There are cases for less government like when the Democrats banned our Sweepstakes business. There are times for more government like when dealing with the immigration problems and banks and insurance companies that lie and steal from people. There are times for more taxes especially on businesses that run overseas to avoid paying their fare share and to offset the deficit, and there are times for less taxes to stimulate business investments and job creation...but doing one or the other all the time is foolish. Policies must be tailored to the times we face.

I honestly think Americans are going to be very cautious before they turn the country back over the the party that alienated the Hispanics and drove the economy off the cliff and that keeps denying people unemployment benefits when they need that money to survive...its gonna be fun the next two yrs!

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's leave politics out of this. Man, sorry to hear about this. I know how much you must have loved that car :(

Agreed.

Yeah, it first hit me this weekend when I saw all the other sports cars out enjoying the nice weather, going to car shows, and all the Vettes strutting around like they owned the road. It just got my blood-a-boiling.:evilmad:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone post what happened on the truck forum? Post the PDF
A couple of guys downloaded the link. I am sure they will send it to you. I copied it in document form but the pictures wont post here, but this is what he said:

Our body shop wrecked a customers Viper today

We had a 04 viper come in couple of days ago for an oil change and ac not working, the customer also wanted a new hood installed. Well needless to say, we did our part and sent the car to the body shop for the hood install. Here's the car when we were done with it

I was test driving a car today and pulled up about 2 minutes after a writer from the body shop got done "driving" the car. Heres what it looks like now

He came around a corner and slammed the gas, ass end kicked and he let out. Car spun around and jumped a curb backwards and took out two trees.
What makes it worse is the customer told me the car was his dream, his baby. the viper was his dream car he saved up for a long time to be able to afford it. He sent the engine to roe and spent 30k on a sick ass cammed motor( ***** was the best sounding viper ive ever heard). He told me it made 650 to the wheels, he was waiting to put a blower on it. Well that what happened

It's not what you have, It's what you do with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback
And Scoobert. Kiss my furry ass.

GADodgetech
View Public Profile
Send a private message to GADodgetech
Find all posts by GADodgetech

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, sorry about your car. Make then pay dearly and do what it takes to achieve this.

As far as your political views, no comment.

Now change your sig and list the car as "Wrecked by ____________ dealer on "______ date"

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just now noticing that this guy was a "writer"??? What is a "writer" doing driving my car?? This was not supposed to be a Motor Trend car test!!!!!!!!!!! :evilmad:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keith, sorry about your car. Make then pay dearly and do what it takes to achieve this.

As far as your political views, no comment.

Now change your sig and list the car as "Wrecked by ____________ dealer on "______ date"

Thanks Jerome. I am not going to say or do anything negative towards anyone involved at this point. I am just gonna wait and see if they do the right thing. So far, the jury is still out.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any idea how much damage was done to your car? All that was visible in the pics was a hole in the quarter and a broken fender. Since the report said "went into the trees backward" there is much more damage?

I'm gonna hope for a positive outcome within a short period of time for you. Last couple accidents I had were all good in the end.

When I dealth with the insurance co. they had a max of $6,000 above value for mods. Since I had a supercharger, DVD, SR7, speakers, exhaust, Toms' rear calipers etc. my extra $6K didn't cover much. I did take my car show trophy and magazine article on my to prove that my car was worth the highest value and condition was flawless. I also searched autotrader and found the 3 highest valued comparable cars and printed off their ads. The insurance co. instantly offered me another $5,000. Since then I often suggest to non-car show people that they try to pick up a trophy or magazine article to prove quality value, even if it is just to establish the condition of their car.

All 3 Vipers I've owned have had trophies and magazine articles.

Ted

GlennSullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any idea how much damage was done to your car? All that was visible in the pics was a hole in the quarter and a broken fender. Since the report said "went into the trees backward" there is much more damage?

I'm gonna hope for a positive outcome within a short period of time for you. Last couple accidents I had were all good in the end.

When I dealth with the insurance co. they had a max of $6,000 above value for mods. Since I had a supercharger, DVD, SR7, speakers, exhaust, Toms' rear calipers etc. my extra $6K didn't cover much. I did take my car show trophy and magazine article on my to prove that my car was worth the highest value and condition was flawless. I also searched autotrader and found the 3 highest valued comparable cars and printed off their ads. The insurance co. instantly offered me another $5,000. Since then I often suggest to non-car show people that they try to pick up a trophy or magazine article to prove quality value, even if it is just to establish the condition of their car.

All 3 Vipers I've owned have had trophies and magazine articles.
Ted

Good advice here. The more information you can keep on the car, the better a settlement you will get. I think agreed value policies are a better alternative to conventional insurance for low mileage collector cars, especially if you have spent a substantial amount of money on mods.

One of my cars is a 1995 Mustang Cobra, if it were stolen tomorrow, the "book value" payout would be maybe $10,000. I've got over $50,000 in the car, so agreed value collector insurance is the only option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang