Throttle body porting

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wandering if anyone has ported out the gen 3 throttle body? Here is one i just bought off of ebay to use for porting.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
B

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to put bunch of jb weld in so it doesn't fall apart when i started porting.

viper04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting!! Roe Raceing use to do them a few years ago. Call him he can give you more detail on what he did.

Rally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I sent mine to Dan the fast man, he does all my Hemi TB's....does great work. You can find him on the net but he may not advertise Viper TB's but he does do them or could certainly give you advice as needed.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had a very bad experience with Fastman. Dig up my threads if you want to see how he stuck me with a Ram throttle body and refused to return my money or remedy his mistake. I had to basically give away the Ram throttle body and go purchase a BBK instead. Buyer beware. Stick with a VCA vendor or reputable aftermarket brand.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I single blade throttle body will provide some healthy gains. Back to back dyno showed +20whp in my case. However, I didn't port the OEM, I just bought a nice CNC'd piece from one of our supporting vendors. What you see here on the bottom is what you should be aiming at:

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I single blade throttle body will provide some healthy gains. Back to back dyno showed +20whp in my case. However, I didn't port the OEM, I just bought a nice CNC'd piece from one of our supporting vendors. What you see here on the bottom is what you should be aiming at:

What else did you have done to the car to get that kind of gain

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What else did you have done to the car to get that kind of gain

This was one a heads/cam car. The throttle body shown above is from arrow racing, but I dynoed with an X-Metal throttle body. For all intents and purposes, these two pieces are virtually identical. Results on my back-to-back dyno were:

614whp/590wtq – Stock throttle body and OEM air filter setup
632whp/597wtq – X-Metal TB and with OEM air filter setup (+18whp/+7wtq gain over OEM)
643whp/606wtq – X-Metal TB and cold air intake system (+11whp/7wtq gain)

More info on my build found HERE

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What cam do you have , also how is drivability at low rpms is it jerky? I'm thinking of doing this myself

xr4racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few extra throttle bodies if anyone needs some spares to play with.

matt text 330-289-0536

dester243

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started looking for throttle bodies and most are the BBK dual butterfly ones. Who makes/sells that single unit?

I'd assume it should pick some power up on a Paxton car also.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On a stock engine we saw 6-7 rwhp with the BBK throttle body. You do lose some off idle response. Good for engines with a cam change and higher compression.

OP
OP
B

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My plan is to port the throttle body,intake and heads. Then I want a cam but I don't want a real aggressive cam just something with more lift and maybe a little more duration.

Rally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's too bad, Dan has done a lot of really good work for me. I don't know him personally or anything. I can tell you I've been screwed by "VCA vendors" so no telling sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62