Tow hooks....

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I've been researching tow hooks for a week or so and have found many manufacturers, multiple types and mostly variable lengths. I'm trying to make a decision on the length of the front tow hook...shorter ones are around 7" and longer ones are 10" (okay don't get off track here, I'm talking TOW HOOKS!). I've got a couple of questions...

How do you guys/gals that actually use or have used tow hooks on the viper hook-up to them. Do you use a tow strap with a metal hook on the end...slap the hook in the eye and go? Do you use a tow strap with no metal hooks to protect the fascias? Something else? How do they get used by the track personnel when you have to be pulled out of the crap?

Reaction score
Race track personnel are more concerned with safety and removing the object then your car and generally use a strap and HOOK. I would choose the longer of the two to protect the fascia.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the removable tow hook from Jon B. You leave the anchor point attached to the frame all the time and the hook slides into it and you run a bolt through when you need to use it. It sticks pretty far out my front grill opening when it is installed. I brought a rollback home from work one day and pulled the Viper up and down it with the winch cable using the tow hook and worked perfectly.

I know I'm not being real clear, but basically, it's invisibale when not in use, takes 2 minutes to put on, and works great. I'm sure Jon can chime with more info.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race track personnel are more concerned with safety and removing the object then your car and generally use a strap and HOOK. I would choose the longer of the two to protect the fascia.

Doesn't woodhouse performance sell the detachable towhook/strap? I believe ACR Steve has it installed on his ACR and it seems very convienient, functional.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on the front because I watched a friend's C6Z06 get loaded onto a flatbed and my car is lower than his. The probability of damage was too high to nog opt for the hook.

I have one for the back of the car (Dave's), but I don't want to drill the two holes for the install. So my closet has a badass tow hook. :laugh:

Nick

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I realize that the rear tow hook attaches to the slanted face at the end of the frame and that the tow hook is bent for access to the eye...will the eye side be parallel to the ground or will it angle down...giving more access?

You must be registered for see images

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go. Looks like it bent downwards at one time. It aint gonna win any car shows but it works. Go to my gallery for a bigger pic.

TowHook.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456