tow hooks?

Sainthitch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dont believe any had a factory tow hook. Maybe the ACR or the GTS-R may but not the average GTS, RT10, SRT...

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need a tow hook to tow my car in case of a break down on the road? If, so where do I put it, and why not just tow it on a flat bed?
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
I

Invasivore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried to find a place to tow my car and couldnt find it. Ended up pushing my car a mile to my house, lol. Not sure how you plan on getting it on a flatbed with no where to attach the winch.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are cut outs that are already built into the front and rear of the Viper frame(gen II) that accommodate "D-Hooks" that can be used with straps. There are (2) fronts and (2) rears. They are oblong in shape and are roughly 2' in length. :) There are aftermarket tow hooks that can be purchased for the front and rear of the Viper. The front bolts up to the latching mechanism for the hood and the rears will need to be drilled and golted to the rear of the frame. I do believe I have an unused set that I can let go very cheap. If interested just PM me and I will get pics tomorrow.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't track my viper, but I like having tow hooks...just in case...and they add some color to my oh so yellow RT/10...

You must be registered for see images

I purchased mine before Mark at IPSCO started making them...here are his with a better way of attaching the rears...

GEN 2 Front & Rear Tow Hook Set

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use to have a tow hook on the front of my car RT10 but I have an inner cooler now so I have no room.
I guess I could just have some on the rear and tow it up backwards.
I think i will get some rear ones like lifeisgood has.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*sigh* every time I see pics of your meticulously clean Viper I begin to feel very dirty. That's how clean your Viper is, LOL.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are also 2 piece Viper specific tow hooks available from most tuners/suppliers. They have a permanently mounted base, with a tongue that can be quickly added or taken off. Pretty trick.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like being able to take it off quickly ... not a big fan of the look. At first I thought it was an inside joke ... a red "snake tongue" mounted on the front of the cars HAHAH ---

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out Autoform.com and ask for Steve....tell him Tommy from Toronto sent you. He has them on the website and had mine fitted with a front one which bolts to the frame....that's the proper method.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so the front tow hook mounts to the fiberglass front support? That seems wrong in every way. Please chime in if I'm not getting this.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so the front tow hook mounts to the fiberglass front support? That seems wrong in every way. Please chime in if I'm not getting this.
It mounts to the same bolts that the fiberglass support mount to. They mount to the same base structure.

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a ROE front I'll sell for cheap if anyone is interested... just message me. I used the rear one, but my front mount intercooler wouldn't allow me to put the front hook on... :(

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use mine to tie down all of the Vipers running at our region's dyno days. Tie down all 4 corners and let it rip. Easy on - easy off. No pix but next time I have it on the lift I'll snap one. You just angle them in and out.

Another source: (these are the type I use, without the extra chain link)

http://www.truckntow.com/p-11281-r-hook.aspx

You must be registered for see images attach

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it best to keep 2 or 4 of those R-Hooks in the car? They should only need two to pull you onto the bed, but will they need 4 to strap you down to the truck? ---

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, you'll need 4. At $5.99 each they are one of the least expensive Viper accessories.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a front but no rear.. Looks like a call to Mark at IPSCO...

All EURO Vipers had front and rear tow hooks from the factory. I have some here somplace...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R