Track Racing

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't do it Kala, especially after all those damaged Vipers you have seen and photographed during our track events :rolleyes:.
You saved me
You must be registered for see images attach

I am forever indebted to your kindness

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many times have you been on a track? Have you done any HPDEs? Judging by your responses I would find it very difficult to believe you've ever been and that is why you have a perception that it is "so dangerous and I will damage my car".

I guess this post would cause me to think that you would think i was a poser.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Lads, has anyone ever ran with the "Track Racing" crowd on wednesdays at Willow.? They have a day on march 11th. $150. 3 run groups.I want to run my Vipe for the first time.....

I guess I will answer your original posted question. Yes, it is a good group to run with. The owner of "OPEN TRACK RACING" (no actually racing just a name) has several Vipers in his garage and many of us So Cal Viper owners have been running these events for close to 6 years. Not too strict with the rules, but they are monitored very closely. Bone head manueuvers will get you sent home early. I would recommend this group. Often times you will find many high dollar exotics there as well as professional teams testing out set ups. Any more questions, just send me a PM

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the track day, it's a total blast!!! Don't drive over your head, your not in a race and not going to set any track records anyway, and you should be just fine. The reason 99% of the "offs" happen is that people get to thinking they're Michael Schumacher and do something stupid. Have fun, that's what the car is for.:drive:

OP
OP
B

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks lads for all the response to my original question. I'm a new member and didn't meen to cause any agro but it's fun all the same, everyone going at one another. I'll look for the red truck on staurday. I may not run the Vipe this weekend but I might just take my WSR out to the wednesday event on the wednesday.......

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack the post but I just came out with a track insurance program that is sold on a per day basis with the 2nd of a 2 day event free and its written with an "a" rated admitted insurance company. This should solve the issue of weather or not to risk the car.This way there is no gray area with your own personal insurance.
OnTrackInsurance.com
If anyone has questions PM
Thanks

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right and if you know of anyone looking for one there are a couple for sale locally...Great bang for the buck.

Yes, they are a great car. I drove my buddies car several times before he sold it. A small group used to run the VARA events. They look like little LMP1 prototypes. Very fun to drive on the track. Perhaps I will see you on that Wed at WSIR.

OP
OP
B

Bristolrover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Red, I'm definately going up to Willow on the wednesday. I will give the club a call. Don't know which car to run. I went around Willow yesterday in the lunch hour in the Vipe, which I have only had for a month. The speed that car has the potential of doing thru 8 and 9 actually scares me. I kinda lost my nerve a little as I havn't been out in the WSR since sept. I've done 1.33 in the WSR the 2nd time out but of course on an empty track that's nothing to brag about. Yesterday 2 cars rolled, a mini in 9 and a little Cathem, like a lotus 7, flipped twice in 3 going up the hill. My better judgement tells me to run the WSR but whats the point of owning a Vipe if you can't ever feel the power thru the high gears. Whatcar will you be there in. I'll look out for you.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can make it I will be in this. Take the Viper out. It is the best way to learn to drive it properly.

Attachments

• DSCN0585.jpg
    DSCN0585.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21