Trickle Charge Installation

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a trickle charge cord installed on my SRT-10. It attaches near battery and the cord is easily accessed in rear valance area. Hope it extends battery life during 3-4 months of storage. I used to have a battery cutoff switch for my 95 RT/10, but SRT-10 computer system precludes that I understand. An Autometer 9201 unit was reccomended by our great local Viper Tech. Bob S

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just put your car "to sleep" which elimiates the dreaded battery drain? The guys at PVO already addressed storage issues!

OP
OP
H

HiYoSilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Janni, I was told this may help prolong battery life but a trickle charger or battery extender would still be the best method. It cost about 65 bucks. Bob

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you need to install it? The ones I have plug in the lighter and keep the battery topped up all year long.

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a charger for some of my other cars - what is the best - Deltran? Do they plug into lighter socket? Any help is appreciated

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Battery tender, available at Walmart etc. Great little product. Less than 20 bucks. Will not overcharge your battery, but keep it fully charged during storage. Install temporarly with aligator clips, or permenently with bolt on pig tail. Can easily plug in when necessary.

viperz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Paul. I've had no problems with my trickle charger either even in the cold Canadian winter.
Mine was 95 Can$ from Porsche and it plugged in the lighter. Very simple.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96