Trip Meter

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question,

I noticed this evening that the trip meter resets every time i restart the car. Is this a normal thing or is it the beginning of something bad to come?

Thank you.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a recent thread where some of us reported the same problem...even with a brand new battery like myself. The car will hesitate to crank for about 2 seconds and then starts and idles just fine.

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question,

I noticed this evening that the trip meter resets every time i restart the car. Is this a normal thing or is it the beginning of something bad to come?

Thank you.

I have another cluster if you need it,if you pay shipping I can ship it to you to try see if it works

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car hesitates to. But i notice it the most when i turn it off then back on again a few mins later. Let me see what the dealer can come up with, then i will look into the cluster thing.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is trying to communicate with you... similar to a dog bringing you his leash.

time to take a viper trip :D

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 2003 just started resetting the trip meter every other time I get in it too! Not a biggie, but it never used to do that. Has a 3 month old battery that is charged up also. My Viper does not hesitate to start though. Anyone else see this? Thanks.

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, got home and it was pretty easy to diagnose. The two month old battery failed. It would not take a charge anymore. It got weaker and weaker over the last week or so. New battery.....problem solved. These cars obviously need a strong and healthy battery or weird things start happening.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Well, got home and it was pretty easy to diagnose. The two month old battery failed. It would not take a charge anymore. It got weaker and weaker over the last week or so. New battery.....problem solved. These cars obviously need a strong and healthy battery or weird things start happening.

That seems to be the case with many modern cars, especially electrical heavy ones. I had a 2000 Jag XKR that would lose its mind if the battery was even marginal. The gas door would randomly pop open, windows lost their memory, wipers got flaky, etc.