Trunk pop question

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just getting ready to take out my new 09 coupe today for the first time. Anyways, on my key ring, I pressed the trunk pop button, held it for a second, and the lights of the car blinked, but the trunk never popped open. Tried it a few times, only got the lights to blink. On my 05 vert the trunk always pops when I hit the button. I didn't know if the coupes don't or if there is something wrong I should look at? Thanks!

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same question when I got mine. The 09 coupe hatch does not pop when you hit that button on the remote fob. The purpose of that button is just to unlock the hatch essentially doing the same as the unlock button. Not really sure why they have it on there if it doesn't pop the hatch. You have to press the button at the rear hatch with your fingers while pulling up on the hatch to open.

Reaction score
The hatches never did "pop" well because the latch was never meant to deal with the added weight of the hatch glass. This is why the Gen4 coupes had the rubber latch handle under the edge by the license plate.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I know that is kinda wierd huh?

Not really. My Gen 1 fob has a "trunk open" third button that didn't do anything all. Later I found that the Viper alarm box came from another Chrysler product and that there was a pinout activated by that third button. I used it for a door popper.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really. My Gen 1 fob has a "trunk open" third button that didn't do anything all. Later I found that the Viper alarm box came from another Chrysler product and that there was a pinout activated by that third button. I used it for a door popper.

You can also "pop" the drivers door by hooking it to the "unlock" button :2tu:

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the input. I figured they probably didn't pop open but wanted confirmation. Going from the 05 vert to an 09 coupe there has been a few differences...

Viper 55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same issue with my 08 ACR, but turns out not a problem because that's the way it is. The truck only pops on the Roadsters, not on the coupes. I spoke directly to the engineer who designed the truck release for teh Viper. Once you know it's OK, all is well again. Enjoy the car, it's a great machine.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that as well but assumed it was just for the vert. But whats the deal with having to set the ebrake to open the back hatch???? Is this the case on all 08 coupes? It mad me look really stupid when I was showing the car to some friends at work and couldn't get trunk open.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
''But whats the deal with having to set the ebrake to open the back hatch???''

I'm not sure of the exact circumstances referenced above, but I will say that our 2008 Coupe's hatch opens normally when using the key to do so...noting that is with the engine off, car is in neutral, and e-brake off...rear wheel chocked front & rear.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 06 doesn't "pop" and I have a roadster. The fob just unlocks it but I have to pull it up. The trunk is not designed to pop on either the roadster or the coupe.

Last edited:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
''But whats the deal with having to set the ebrake to open the back hatch???''

I'm not sure of the exact circumstances referenced above, but I will say that our 2008 Coupe's hatch opens normally when using the key to do so...noting that is with the engine off, car is in neutral, and e-brake off...rear wheel chocked front & rear.

its only when the engine is running I noticed this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang