Trunk won't Latch

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 04 vert and the trunk will not latch. When I close the trunk I can just lift it right back up. I tried to even press the power lock to see if it would lock it but it didnt. Have any of you expereinced this before? Is this a common problem where the latch mechanism needs to be replaced?

Thanks....

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven't heard of any needing replacement, not that that means it doesn't.

I have heard of a few that have adjusted the mechanism up so that it latches after it goes out of alignment.:dunno:

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark the location of the catch that's inside the trunk. Then adjust it up about 1/16". I've seen a few cars with the same problem.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post a pic of your lock mechanism up, i had a problem with my coupe lock it was stuck in the closed position so it wouldnt work as it should, Chuck told me the fix

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The rubber gasket on ours got knocked off it's track just enough that it wouldn't close. A little embarrassing as you might see:

YouTube - freakyboiEST's Channel

Once we realized what the problem was it popped right back in place. I'm there at the 1:57 min mark trying to not look like a ***** who can't close a trunk lid!

OP
OP
X

XCELR8N

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Last night I figured it out. The latch inside the trunk must have been pushed down a little when I put my bag in the trunk. It was loose and after I played around with tightening it and adjusting the height it now works fine. If anyone has the same type of problem I would first look at the latch position inside the trunk.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Last night I figured it out. The latch inside the trunk must have been pushed down a little when I put my bag in the trunk. It was loose and after I played around with tightening it and adjusting the height it now works fine. If anyone has the same type of problem I would first look at the latch position inside the trunk.

Sounds familiar..............................:lmao:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery