Unleashed! Street Serpent

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott from what I remember, Jeff used comp coupe wheel spacers. I think Jeff matched the comp coupe with the shape and width of the fenders to perfect. Great stance.

Correct. You have to get the comp coupe wheel studs as well. If your trying to do this on a standard car, the spacers will obviously make it stick out of the body work too far. The forgelines seem to have a minor offset in them from the start. That may be enough for standard SRT.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The body kit looks AWESOME.
The front fascia and the side panels are beautiful.
I think everybody here will love the front and the sides.

However, the rear is controversial and will be criticized. And it seems like you knew it would be controversial when you basically made the rear a widened SRT Coupe rear.

I personally do not like the SRT Coupe rear design and the old GEN 2 style tail lights. There are people who love the SRT Coupe rear and there are people who hate it and there are people who scream Honda S2000 when they see a GEN3.
But I don’t know anybody here who doesn’t like the Comp Coupe rear.
Why not get everybody’s love and buy-in instead of leaving this awesome body kit in the controversy with the SRT Coupe rear design?

I thought the theme of this body kit was to mock the Comp Coupe and retrofit it on a stock GEN3, making the car wider, etc. Well, the front fascia looks like the Comp Coupe, the side panels look like the Comp Coupe, but why stop when you come to the rear fascia? If the purpose was to retrofit the Comp Coupe body on a stock GEN3 why not do the same thing with the rear fascia?

Don’t get me wrong. I think you have done an awesome job on a very difficult car to play with in terms of body kits. But as I said, you could have made an all winner with the Comp Coupe rear fascia which we know everybody loves (I’m sure that includes you too) instead of leaving this awesome body kit in the controversy of the SRT Coupe rear fascia.

On a side note, I think you should try the all polished Forgelines instead of the black ones. Red car with black wheels is another controversy….

How about pricing on these body panels?

You must be registered for see images

Overall, I do not disagree with what you just stated. I love the rear of the comp coupe directly from the back. However, as stated by someone else, it is too long after the doors and might make the car look bulbous and overweight.

Don't get me wrong, I went back and forth on which one to do. In the end, I felt the production version was tighter and would make for a leaner, less fat, type of look. I like the idea of skin that looks as if it is pulled tight over a muscular frame.

So I then considered a comp coupe inspired design that would make it the same look but shorter. I laid it out with sketches and a spoiler and it looked very close to the production version. At that point the decision came down to sculpting and assembly logistics.

Like I said, I knew this was not going to be a popular choice all around, but comments from most people who see the car in person is that they like the rear the best. I think I do too.

I assume there will be plenty who wish I would have stuck with comp coupe.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE IT, WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?

From A.P. Engineering.

The conversion can be done to an 06 coupe if the car is sent to us for the conversion.

If someone wants to attempt their own install, something I DO NOT recommend, the panels are 12k without hardtop. A buget minded person could sell their original panels and make that money back.

I highly recommend the car is sent here. Approximate cost for install and paint, would be around 22k. A set of adjustable coil overs is also required.

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it!!.........everything that has been done to it ROCKS!!

Where do I get a gas cap like that for my 05?

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Unleashed! Street Serpent

Great Job !!! Don't change a thing looks Bad A**...

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score

LOOKS AMAZING!!! not a fan of the logo but thats way minor. other than that it's perfect!!!! :2tu: :2tu:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It should have come from the factory like that....Visually it gives the SRT10 some of what it was missing....Only thing I would add is the compe coupe splitter under the front fender....

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All that hard work and it still doesn't compare to a GTS. Good work though...

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the style is strong and mean looking i'd love to come by and see it in person.

Your more than welcome to. I am trying to work out as many details as I can before the show so this morning I have removed the front facia and rear deck lid to do some work. It should be reasembled on Wed so anytime after that would be fine.

Let me know.

Jeff

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it driveable? If so there is an MCVO event on Wednesday night this week.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Again, that looks SICK!! I always dreamed what a coupe's rear would look like on a vert... "Answer is AMAZING"!

Steep price though... ouch!!!

Let's see those Photoshop experts make it change colors... Or how about B/W picture?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Jeff, very nice work. I've come back to this post a dozen times now to look at the pics. Can't wait to see it in Vegas. Not sure if the hardtop flows as nicely as the rest of the panels. How does the spacing of the tires affect ride characteristics?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, very nice work. I've come back to this post a dozen times now to look at the pics. Can't wait to see it in Vegas. Not sure if the hardtop flows as nicely as the rest of the panels. How does the spacing of the tires affect ride characteristics?

That's really tough to answer for several reasons. First off, Its been over three months since I've driven the car. Then, I have a completely different wheel and tire set up and also have changed the suspension.

For me to guess what the spacers have done for the driving would be almost impossible.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang