Unleashed! Street Serpent

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That emblem is AWESOME! One question though: As aftermarket side exhaust outlets seem to move as much as an inch from cold to hot, what happens with this very tight outlet? Do you have some sort of flex pipe or braided line in the mix?

Everything looks good!

Stray Cat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your joking aren't you ? How could you wonder if it was beautiful ? IT IS GORGEOUS.

I love it.

John

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff - I like the top, the front, especially the side sills but think the rear spoiler looks awkward (at least in the one photo): too tall and weighty. It doesn't seem to be the right ending to the nice flow you developed starting from the front. It's hard to comment from photos and look forward to seeing it in person at VOI.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That emblem is AWESOME! One question though: As aftermarket side exhaust outlets seem to move as much as an inch from cold to hot, what happens with this very tight outlet? Do you have some sort of flex pipe or braided line in the mix?

Everything looks good!

The "pipe" you see coming out is more of an exhaust flow guide. The ending of the actual pipe is inside that and can float for and aft.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff - I like the top, the front, especially the side sills but think the rear spoiler looks awkward (at least in the one photo): too tall and weighty. It doesn't seem to be the right ending to the nice flow you developed starting from the front. It's hard to comment from photos and look forward to seeing it in person at VOI.

I knew the rear was going to be controversial simply because it is controversial on the coupe. I love it, and when it is on the vert the spoiler does look a little extra large. I don't want to be toooo conservative.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need extend special thanks to Jon at Partsrack for helping me get hard to find items from a donor coupe that was wrecked. I think it had 8 miles on it and coupe parts are hard to get at all (even new). These parts and the actual comp coupe facia extenders gave me a starting point to sculpt the wider look of the car from which I made a mold.

For those who love the Forgline wheels, Jon gave me a great deal on those as well.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jeff, the car looks fantastic. You should be very proud of what has to be the best looking body kit ever for this car!

Now, that said, there are a couple of little things that I could nit pick, but only in the interest of constructive criticism.

The rear is too heavy, as mentioned by another poster. The comp coupe gets away with it because the rear is so elongated. You can't obtain the same elongation, and so it just seems overpowering in comparison to the front. DC did an amazing job with the coupe to make it work right. And, that's it. The rest is perfect just the way it is.

Now, what can I do to convince you to make that front fascia for all of us that do not want to swap an entire body kit but would love to have a more aggressive front end????? You could sell a bunch, I'm sure.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the rear end looks great. I think it flows well with the rest of the car especially in this pic.

1186P10100391-med.JPG

Jeff the spacers used for the rims are perfect. the rims sit perfect in the wheel well (flush). One thing i couldnt stand about the stock rims and tires was they sat so far in the rear wheel well.

What suspension is in the car? Sits great.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say that I like it or I hate it....Just changed the rear more like a comp coupe and I'll like it. As for a convert coupe it just doesn't sit with me.

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I get my Viper, I'm gonna need to ask you to build one of those kits for me :D :D :D :D

I absolutely love it!! I love how it looks more like a comp coupe! I hope that I'll be able to fly into Vegas and check it out during VOI!! :2tu:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please give us details on the hard top. Is it a plexi window or is it a glass one? Is the inside of the top finshed with a head liner or is it Raw glass? How does it attach to the car?

Oh and by the way, how much for the top?

Thanks

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please give us details on the hard top. Is it a plexi window or is it a glass one? Is the inside of the top finshed with a head liner or is it Raw glass? How does it attach to the car?

Oh and by the way, how much for the top?

Thanks

The top has a standard price of $2695 painted with a plexi window. You can opt for a real glass with defogger window for another 1k.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Looks real nice! You must be happy to have her finished.

YES!

Although lots of details to work out before the show. I still wish I had more time to get it perfect.

Jeff

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say that is the baddest Gen III vert I have seen. :eek: I love how the Coupe rear end looks on a vert. I can see the Competition Coupe inspiration also. Very original and reflects the true nature of the Viper. :2tu: Let's all hope that it doesn't entirely steal the show from the Gen IV in Vegas. I eagerly await pics.

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with Nader that you got the spacing for the wheels done so much better than DC did with the stock car. How far did you bring them out and what can us normal guys do about spacing our stock wheels? Did you just use spacers with longer lugs or did you use wheel adapters (which I hear are dangerous)? Any reliability concerns or concerns about overstressing the suspension with spacers?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott from what I remember, Jeff used comp coupe wheel spacers. I think Jeff matched the comp coupe with the shape and width of the fenders to perfect. Great stance.

INSOMNIAC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I knew the rear was going to be controversial simply because it is controversial on the coupe. I love it, and when it is on the vert the spoiler does look a little extra large. I don't want to be toooo conservative.

Jeff

The body kit looks AWESOME.
The front fascia and the side panels are beautiful.
I think everybody here will love the front and the sides.

However, the rear is controversial and will be criticized. And it seems like you knew it would be controversial when you basically made the rear a widened SRT Coupe rear.

I personally do not like the SRT Coupe rear design and the old GEN 2 style tail lights. There are people who love the SRT Coupe rear and there are people who hate it and there are people who scream Honda S2000 when they see a GEN3.
But I don’t know anybody here who doesn’t like the Comp Coupe rear.
Why not get everybody’s love and buy-in instead of leaving this awesome body kit in the controversy with the SRT Coupe rear design?

I thought the theme of this body kit was to mock the Comp Coupe and retrofit it on a stock GEN3, making the car wider, etc. Well, the front fascia looks like the Comp Coupe, the side panels look like the Comp Coupe, but why stop when you come to the rear fascia? If the purpose was to retrofit the Comp Coupe body on a stock GEN3 why not do the same thing with the rear fascia?

Don’t get me wrong. I think you have done an awesome job on a very difficult car to play with in terms of body kits. But as I said, you could have made an all winner with the Comp Coupe rear fascia which we know everybody loves (I’m sure that includes you too) instead of leaving this awesome body kit in the controversy of the SRT Coupe rear fascia.

On a side note, I think you should try the all polished Forgelines instead of the black ones. Red car with black wheels is another controversy….

How about pricing on these body panels?

You must be registered for see images

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A comp coupe rear might have been better, I know I like it on the real car...but would it look good on a converible with the top down? Might be kinda long.

Maybe Jeff could also make a comp coupe version?

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely love everything on this car but the hard top. Looks too outdated. With the top down or soft top this is the best looking gen III I have seen. The rear end on the stock SRT10 is too boring and maybe too bulbous ans doesnt flow well on the coupe but with that top down it adds attitude to the car and there is no top to clash with. The soft top is another color so it's ok IMO.

I LOVE IT, WHERE CAN I BUY ONE?

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As soon as I had heard about this project I couldn't wait to see the end results and Jeff deffiantly did NOT dissapoint. The kit is absolutely amazing. Congragulations.

One question though. Does the kit fit the '06 coupes and if so what does that look like??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang