Unleashed! Street Serpent

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last two weeks, my morning ritual is to pace endlessly around this car. I stare at it. Questions race thru my mind. Is it exotic enough? Is it better than it was? Does it seem balanced? Is it too much? Does it have the emotional impact it is supposed to? Does it look aftermarket or does it look like it was designed this way? Do people say they love it to be polite, or is it truly breathtaking?

With the exception of a few positive comments from some teaser pics, I’ve only been able to guess the real answers. I know for sure that I love it. I grin every time I look at it. The reality is, nobody thinks their own kid is ugly. So, with this being the official unveiling, I’m ready for some answers.

1186P10100411-med.JPG

1186P10100471-med.JPG

1186P1010052-med.JPG

1186P1010053-med.JPG

1186P10100391-med.JPG

1186P1010067-med.JPG

1186P1010036-med.JPG

We all know photos never give a car its full impact. For those who will be there, the car can be seen on display inside the Venetian Hotel in Vegas during VOI 9.

The hard top shown is not the final version. Along with slight refinements in the shape, The rear glass will not have rubber seal and will have an optional glass window with defogger.

Jeff

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< We all know photos never give a car its full impact. >>

normally, yes. in this case, i think they did JUST FINE! :2tu:

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks great Jeff. I'd like to see a shot of the car's rearend too...straight on.
Good Luck with it!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome!

Looks like something DC could have put out. They could unveil that at VOI as the gen 3.5 SRT/10 w/ optional hardtop.

I'm not hip on the wheels, but I know many people our.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically, it looks like coupe envy. I mean, I get for 03-05 it would have been great to have, but once the coupe came out, didnt it pretty much fix the driver's window back? The new front facia is cool, but from that back, your basically attempting to make a convert a coupe, which Dodge already did, and quite effectively I'd say.

Jon

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff it looks amazing. I love the rear end. I think it has great curves, flows well and looks very aggressive. How much wider is the car front and rear?

It doesnt look anything like a coupe. Every panel is different besides the trunk and hood. Jeff correct me if i am wrong.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct. Every panel is changed but the hood and doors. The width is the key. 2 inches wider over all front and back. This gives the car a more coke bottle shape so it is not so straight along the flanks. The sill panel is kicked out quite a bit as well with a more sculpted side pipe.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new front facia is cool, but from that back, your basically attempting to make a convert a coupe, which Dodge already did, and quite effectively I'd say.

Jon

Yes, I love the rear end of the new coupe and that is why it is here. I think the pics mute what is happening with the rest of the car. The flared fenders and quarter panels with wider side sills make the standard car look flat. Its more of my attempting to bring in Comp Coupe than just coupe.

Jeff

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks great...nice job. Now you can have aggressive looks and still be able to drop the top....I see no problem with the coupe styled rear.

You happen to know the weight reduction going from stock parts to these parts in CF or fiber glass?

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You happen to know the weight reduction going from stock parts to these parts in CF or fiber glass?

Some of these panels are/were CF. In the end, I was disapointed with the Carbon Fiber. First off, if a thin layer of fiberglass is not laid with the CF, the heat from the sun will show the weave pattern in the paint. It looks REAL BAD. So, by the time you mix the glass with cf the weight savings is minimal. Combine that with the extreme cost, the very hard to get material is almost not worth it.

If this was a sole racer, and finish was not a priority, a more significant weight saving could be had.

That being said, each fiberglass panel weighs same as stock.

Jeff

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
must've needed a lot of bondo for that :D

looks great! :2tu:

Actually, I went thru about 2 dozen gallons of scupting foam to make the molds. So, yes, it took alot to create this, but the panels are new.

WickedV

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice job!
Any close-up pics of the new hood emblem?
The shape kind of reminds me of the Superman logo. :D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff the more I look at it, the more I am amazed. The workmanship that went into that car is amazing. I am sure in person is would look sick. Do you have pics the car and a stock Gen3 side by side?

I applaud you for your inspiration and effort.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Unleashed! Street Serpent

Dam Bitchin! I think the wheels look great along with your other touches. Regardless of what the rest of us think, the most important part is that you smile every time you look at it.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Unleashed! Street Serpent

Jeff...that is a WINNER!! Love the more aggressive lines and bulges.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice job!
Any close-up pics of the new hood emblem?
The shape kind of reminds me of the Superman logo. :D

My 4 year old loves SUPERMAN and yes the shield is a curvy verson of that. The snake is a sneaky pete/fangs combo. Personally, I still like fangs the best (It's pretty hard to beat) but I prefer this to pete.

A sharp eye will notice it in the wheel centers as well.

1186P1010076-med.JPG

1186P1010075-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang