Value of a Hennessey Viper 1000, 2006

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't matter and he wouldn't care anyway as he cannot post here to defend himself. The exposure of this site comared to Motortrend or Car&Driver is negligable. Probably less than 200 people will ever view this thread. As a result, the *crewing will continue unabated.
Exactly though i did see one time that a major mag wrote an article about this exact topic

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, he's going to shove a ZR-1 motor in a Lotus and charge $600K? :dunno:

Good luck with that one, with him making it I wonder if it will ever even start.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hope Hennessey realizes that hes lost alot more money by ripping people off than he actually saved by ripping them off.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah he doesnt give a sh#t
He does not care as he basically has has the crap pounded out of him on the VCA FORUMS for OVER 10 YEARS NOW.LOL Every once in a while though he tries to sneak back on here (one of his NEW employees comes on under another name )but the real person behind the threads gets exposed after awhile.

DEDLY4U

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Even if Hennessey built solid reliable cars, I think the 1000 HP is an over priced novelty. If you want to track you car, the excessive HP is virtually unusable except on some straight-aways and hard to manage on the corners. If you want to drag race, be prepared to make a big investment in the rear end and half shafts. Without a good rear like a Quaife or OS Giken, the car will be all over the road/track when you jump on it. Even with a quality differential, you need to get the half shafts upgraded because with a decent set of tires, you will bust them when you try a hole-shot. My suggestion would be to find a quality Viper and have some Motons installed along with a quality differential. You will be able to hang with just about any car on the track or street. If you want more power, have a Paxton installed and keep it around 650 HP at the rear wheels. Paxtons are very reliable and perform well. That’s what I did with my car and all my work was done by Dan Cragen at DC Performance in Los Angeles. Quality work and my car runs and handles great. Here is the link: DC Performance TV on Vimeo

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if Hennessey built solid reliable cars, I think the 1000 HP is an over priced novelty. If you want to track you car, the excessive HP is virtually unusable except on some straight-aways and hard to manage on the corners. If you want to drag race, be prepared to make a big investment in the rear end and half shafts. Without a good rear like a Quaife or OS Giken, the car will be all over the road/track when you jump on it. Even with a quality differential, you need to get the half shafts upgraded because with a decent set of tires, you will bust them when you try a hole-shot. My suggestion would be to find a quality Viper and have some Motons installed along with a quality differential. You will be able to hang with just about any car on the track or street. If you want more power, have a Paxton installed and keep it around 650 HP at the rear wheels. Paxtons are very reliable and perform well. That’s what I did with my car and all my work was done by Dan Cragen at DC Performance in Los Angeles. Quality work and my car runs and handles great. Here is the link: DC Performance TV on Vimeo
I have been racing Vipers since the mid 90s and you are 100% correct as after 550 to the tire on Pilots the power is worthless and IF you run slicks sooner or later numerious parts will go -BIG TIME(BESIDES the fact that Vipers are not great drag strip cars ) .The only time the power is practical is DYNO RACING which is in VOGUE around here as many simply never track their cars.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on how much you want to spend. If you're spending the money to do turbo's, you're already spending the money on shafts, etc. I've beat on my car and all I've had to do is change oil.

Not sure about the viper not being great drag strip cars. I can leave my street tires on and run low 9's/high 8's all day long.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It depends on how much you want to spend. If you're spending the money to do turbo's, you're already spending the money on shafts, etc. I've beat on my car and all I've had to do is change oil.

Not sure about the viper not being great drag strip cars. I can leave my street tires on and run low 9's/high 8's all day long.

I thought that the UGR 9.9 sec run on Nito's was the world record? You've gone 8s? That should be worth a thread in itself

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

As far as i know the record for STOCK Pilots is 10.3s .When i say Vipers dont make great drag cars they NEVER run (suspension is optimized for road racing )what their MPH says they should run ET-Wise. Any teenager with a 12 grand Mustang can destroy 90% of the Vipers out their in a drag race .(Hell at Englishtown on any test and tune nights Mustangs driven in off the street run 9s and 8S all the time )Shaft wise sure you can beef them up all that does is move the weak link to the Gears and the tranny .Throw slicks on any of them (start popping )1.3 sixty foot times and its not if something will break its when.

VOI 10 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Club:
If you did have a 2006 Viper 1000, and wanted to make it "right," what would you do to it? I'm building a 1971 Cuda Resto-Mod using a wrecked 2006 Hennessey Viper and I'm curious about what I need to do to make it a good, dependable automobile.

Thanks!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, John used to have a bad name and rap, but I dont now any tuner that meets his current reputation and success as he has had in the last few years, not to mention his record settings in many categories. And he does not care what the VCA has to say about him. His bank account and success says it all for him.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, John used to have a bad name and rap, but I dont now any tuner that meets his current reputation and success as he has had in the last few years, not to mention his record settings in many categories. And he does not care what the VCA has to say about him. His bank account and success says it all for him.

Really?!:omg:

Doug Levin(DLM), Jason Heffner(heffner Performace), Macedo Motorsports, DC Performance, A&C Performcance, even UGR have MUCH better reps that Ole John H. and ther cars don't blow up at the rate Hennessey cars do...........................:crazy2:

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
John...does not care what the VCA has to say about him. His bank account and success says it all for him.

By this logic, drug dealers are successful. I mean, they have big bank accounts, right? Kidnappers, too. It's very lucrative, I hear. Perhaps HennASSey should branch off from grand theft, there's money to be made!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is by far the best marketer around with UGR being a close second but his cars are junk, he has no good name what so ever and i dont think he has a single record. or ever did for that matter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang