VCA-Ohio: HC-CT 10.4.08 ?

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone up for one last little soiré before the weather gets too cold to maintain traction?

Looks to be nice and sunny this weekend, high around the mid-70's.

Maybe we can talk Jason into bring up his new yellow beauty.....

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked a similar qustion last week and it seems that they are trying to do something a little different. Not necessarly on that day, maybe a fall foilage cruise in the first three weekends in october. I might be up for something on the 4th. I live near cleveland. where are you?

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in Columbus, but I'll drive wherever.

A fall foliage tour would be cool too. "Hot Cars- Cool Leaves"? :)

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to try to clean that yellow car this weekend. And the blue car, it needs it even worse because it's been neglected for several weeks.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trip to Mohican this Saturday works for me. I'll check with others and see if we can put a plan together and will post information here. Are you and Kevan up for a cruise in Mohican area on Saturday 10/4)? Post here or send me a PM. Thanks,

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mohican State Park which is off route 71, exit . It is in Loudonville, Ohio (Amish area), very scenic, rolling hills and good for cruising. It is located about midway between Cleveland and Columbus. We were there first weekend in August. See the 8/2/08 picstory post by Kevan from that trip. Web site is Mohican State Park or for the lodge Mohican Resort and Conference Center - Welcome to Mohican Resort & Conference Center Date this month was uncertain, in part, by weather, fall foliage and interest.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be game for this weekend!!! I plan on putting my car away after this weekend. So I'm good for the 4th :)

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are good for both Saturdays. With that said, let's plan for Saturday 10/4). Last time the group met at Mohican Lodge at Noon (notwithstanding we ran late). Any suggestions this time or does 10:00 a.m. at the Lodge work?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could join you guys but that's a pretty good drive from here. Post pics when you get back.

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. My week just got busy. :)
Thurs = hockey game.
Friday = hockey game.
Saturday = trying to keep up with Tom. :D

I'll call you this evening, Tom.

Stretch- you don't like listening to the game on AM? The mountains up there make for some great tension: "Pryor...back to pass....he launches a cannon downfield...."*static*
:rolaugh:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoot, the Borla is so loud and beautiful on the RT that I have no reason to even attempt to listen to the radio.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn. My week just got busy. :)
Thurs = hockey game.
Friday = hockey game.
Saturday = trying to keep up with Tom. :D

:rolaugh:
:lmao: No problem, at least we shouldn't get lost this time. Don't forget the radios in case I lose sight of you.:2tu:

OP
OP
K

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"VCA OHIO: HOT CARS - COOL LEAVES"
SAT 10. 4 .08

Meet Option 1:
Time: 8:00AM
Plan: Breakfast! Blueberry crepés FTW!

Meet Option 2:
Location: Mohican Resort and Conference Center - Welcome to Mohican Resort & Conference Center
Time: 10:00AM
Plan:- Jabber about the cars for a few while everyone gets reacquainted. :)
- Drive a 'course' setup by Tom that circles the Loudenville/Mohican Park area. There's some GORGEOUS scenery, and with the trees changing colors it will be Ansel Adams-esque. BRING A CAMERA!!!

Lunch
- Lunch-ish type meal at a restaurant in Loudenville.
East Of Chicago had good food last time were were there, so we'll try it again barring any objections.
East of Chicago Pizza 3052 State Route 3 Loudonville, OH 44842 - Google Maps
Lunch will probably take place mid-way through the cruise.

tbsviper (Tom) will be mapping out the cruise on some nice back roads that usually aren't too busy, save for the occasional Amish hot rod.
It's not "The Ring" by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not west Texas either. :D
More details as they become available.

Please pass the word around and feel free to join us.
PM Tom or myself for cell numbers.
Expect pics and probably some video!
:drive:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this ON? Care to have a member from IL join? I will be driving to Cleveland later tonight.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys not wanting to steal your thread but.... Stretch and I are getting together down here in Norther KY on Saturday afternoon if anyone near the Queen City "Cincinnati" is interested. No real agenda just going to hang and cruise some. Let me know. I have it posted in the KY/Indiana http://forums.viperclub.org/indiana-kentucky/618961-viper-get-together-saturday-ky.html section for the details on times and where we are meeting. Let me know & we would love to have more Vipers.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MyViper hope you can come out. Stetch and Shandon no problem as we communicated with Stretch trying to tempt him to come up to Columbus but to no avail. Season is coming to a close so need to get out while the weather is good. The more vipers the better. Mohican Resort and Conference Center at 10:00. Phone number for lodge is 419-938-5411

Last edited:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MyViper hope you can come out. Stetch and Shandon no problem as we communicated with Stretch trying to tempt him to come up to Columbus but to no avail. Season is coming to a close so need to get out while the weather is good. The more vipers the better. Mohican Resort and Conference Center at 10:00. Phone number for lodge is 419-938-5411

This is true, and I reluctantly had to pass. However, I will be sure to let you Columbus guys know when I road trip up there next summer and we'll cruise for sure!

:drive:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in. Even though it's only going to be 42 o tomorrow morning, my son says leave the top at home. So, we're going to brave it and go *******! Can't wait to feel the power with the cool a.m. air. As you all know, these engines love the cool air (even though the tires don't).

Should be a beautiful day, especially once the sun gets shinning.

See you all in the a.m.