Vec-2 and Hurst Mopar Shifter installed

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finished installing the Mopar/Hurst short shifter and Roe Vec-2. I can't believe I had the Viper for a year without the Hurst- what a difference in shifting- unbelievable-

As for the VEC-2 - installation was pretty easy- even though I thing some of the connectors that come with the kit are a little hocky (I will be fixing those later)

I tested with the stock SRT program but was dissapointed to find no sample programs for the SRT only RAM- not sure if they are interchangeable- I load one for the ram but with damp roads could not really get on it- did seem to pull a little better but it might be my imagination.

Waiting for the ROE supercharger in the spring!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the Hurst Shifter is awesome - so much better than stock. I just did mines a month ago. What shifter handle did you use?

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a short shift handle on my stock shifter, it seems fine to me. I'm curious about what advantage the Hurst offers? What are the differences? Thanks

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The shifts are much more accurate, mechanical feel to it. Definitely a lot less travel as well. Also the shifter now centers itself where before it was a bit sloppy. Prior to getting it, I was skeptical as well.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that there must be a wide range of variation in the stock shifter. Mine is great. Very precise and easy. I think that my particular stock shifter must be better than that of many other people, otherwise I don't think that the Hurst shifter would be so popular.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not that the stock was bad - mine was very good. It is just that the Hurst is better.

OP
OP
B

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have thought the same but I made the same upgrade to my C-5 vetter and never looked back. I tried a shorter handle and then cut about 11/2 inchs of the stock - but the MOPAR is so much nicer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery