VEC1 or VEC2 (question)

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a Viper has Sean Roe's Viper Engine Calibrator (VEC1) installed, which increases horse power and torque, as well as making it possible to adjust air/fuel ratio and ignition timing to optimize engine tuning, then when a Viper has Sean Roe's Viper Supercharger System (Twin Screw Supercharger) installed - which has a VEC2 (?) - does this mean that the VEC1 is no longer needed? So, if one were planning to have the Viper Supercharger System installed, one should NOT purchase a Viper Engine Calibrator (VEC1), yes? No? Please explain. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct Daffy. No need for the Vec 1 with the s/c.

The Vec 2 allows for custom cards to be loaded into the system for each person's custom s/c setup.

The Vec 2 can adjust parameters based on what mods the car has, type of fuel which is being run, plus several other variables which Sean could explain in great length.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will not use the vec1 with the s/c. If you wanted to play with a vec1 before you get a s/c there are many used ones off cars that are now s/c cars.

S

SUN RA KAT

I'm going to put my VEC1 from my Viper on my Dodge Ram truck now that I have the VEC2. The VEC1 will hook up to most other vehicles, so soup up your daily driver. :D

OP
OP
D

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation/explanation, guys.

No kidding, you can use a VEC1 on most other vehicles to soup them up?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put my vec1 on my dads truck (2000 360 Dodge). It would rattle bad pulling a trailer. By taking timing out and adding fuel it no longer rattles.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang