VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Any testing that shows Vipair to be worthless will be attacked as biased or poorly performed.

Any testing that shows Vipair to be useful will be accepted as logical proof.

It is clear at this point that there will be no further pretense by these people. They will attack unbelievers and embrace believers.

They are not to be trusted.

Joe117........this will be my last post on this thread as it has gotten childish.You state we attack nonbelievers and of course your responces are purely a defense mechanism.You state what you believe to be factual about the way we do buisiness and about what is invested in vipair.Have you ever dealt with me to know how i do buisiness,what is really ironic here is that you have been stating all along that we took some curved plastic did no R&D and put it on the market but at the same time you state over and over that we have a lot invested.And let me end this by saying the comment of us "not to be trusted" I would be very carefull about throwing around.Unless you have any evidence of this statement in the way we do buisiness or have ever done buisiness i take it as a personal attack!!You have turned this thread into a mockery and what appears to be a personal crusade.......IM OUT!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have attacked unbelievers. This is a fact. You have attacked the unbelievers based on the fact that they do not agree with you. This is a fact.

You are misrepresenting my statements as a way of ridicule. This is designed, I believe, to draw attention away from the questions concerning the merit of your product.

The questions of your investment in the product were designed to show that you may have a reason to be biased. This was in response to your accusations that Russ was biased.

I am, by far, not the only person who has questioned the science behind your product. You have accused me and others of being childish and illogical. You seem to equate this with the questioning of your product.

Rather than doing the comparative air temp and air pressure testing that would prove the value of your product you persist in the use of undocumented testimonials and dyno testing done in a relatively unscientific manner.

My statement that you are not to be trusted has nothing to do with your business practices. I feel that you are not to be trusted concerning your claims for Vipair. The testing done by Russ and your reaction are the basis of my lack of trust. This is my evidence.

You posted claims for your product in a technical forum. The value of your product has been discussed in a technical manner.
The fact that I persist in disagreement does not make a mockery of anything.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JOE117 is someone forcing you to buy? If not move on, there is a money back guarantee if someone spends the time and it doesn't work send it back. You have not purchased anything but have all the answers, it seems you are making it personal or have your own agenda.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ronviper,

You completely miss the point. Do you know P.T. Barnum?

The agenda is a debate of whether this, or other similar cold air products can work. If so, whhich one is the better value the $200 vipair or the $50 advantage product. Why is this so hard for people to understand?

It is not up to the consumer to test and provide data in order to purchase, it is up to the seller of the product. Just imagine if that came through conculsively on this thread how many would be sold.

Do you buy everything on the shelf at the store, try them out, and bring back the ones you don't feel work?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

I would tend to see your point if you and others who are demanding independent test verification of manufacturer's claims would apply this same requirement to other cool air intake devices. (filters/smooth tubes and other air box intakes) The fact that this requirement is being so aggressively applied to Vipair leads some people to wonder about other agendas. It would also help if the independent testers didn't state that they didn't think the product would work prior to testing. Right now I rate the Vipair along with the smooth tubes. The theory seems as if it should have some benefit and if not I like the looks of both products. :usa:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby,

You keep saying this and I keep pointing you to the rigorous tests that K&N does. That satisfies me. I am not demanding third party testing. I want to see testing that has scientific rigor to it and good process.

As far as other airboxes and tubes etc.. I haven't seen a manufacturer come on the message board with performance claims. If they do (and they may have and I just didn't see it) I would want to see the same from them. Especially if there was a product that had similar theory and was only 25% of the cost.

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How is this thread still going on? Very simple. Do you like the product?

Yes - buy it.
No - don't.

Why knock someone for trying to come up with new products to help the performance of your car? If there is another product that you like better, get that one. Why don't the naysayers start a thread about Carbon fiber airboxes that are way more jack then the smooth tubes/k&N route?

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipernate, you hit the nail on the head buy or not it's that simple and if you buy and it doesn't work send it back for your money. PRETTY DAMN SIMPLE!!!!!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby,

You keep saying this and I keep pointing you to the rigorous tests that K&N does. That satisfies me. I am not demanding third party testing. I want to see testing that has scientific rigor to it and good process.

As far as other airboxes and tubes etc.. I haven't seen a manufacturer come on the message board with performance claims. If they do (and they may have and I just didn't see it) I would want to see the same from them. Especially if there was a product that had similar theory and was only 25% of the cost.

Vipah, Forget the filters, are you running smooth tubes? If so, what rigorous test data did you use to determine their performance impact? I'm with you on the cost difference between Vipair and it's competitor. IMO the Vipair has a cleaner more factory looking installation and greater poser impact. If the $150 isn't worth that to you, makes sense going with the alternative. :usa:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby3,

Thanks for your support and purchase of a VIPAIR™, I hope your times at the track come down a tenth or two.

At one time VIPAH actually wanted to knock off the VIPAIR™ and threatened to produce his own version and in another thread on this board even asked for our info on our patent so he could try to figure out a way to go around it, so no amount of arguing or conversation will prevent him from trying to sabotage VIPAIR™ sales, he has a grudge against us and he will probably continue with his bashing no matter how much reasoning you throw at him, but I and Scott do very much appreciate your attempts to deal with his issues.

Thanks

Steve

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you buy everything on the shelf at the store, try them out, and bring back the ones you don't feel work?

By that same metric, do you go to the store and demand, loudly before all the other customers, that they "prove" to you the product works, and when they don't prove to your satisfaction, you heckle them and start telling customers you will sell "magic HP beans". Seriously, think about it - it's easy to act differently on the Internet, but would you really do that in a store? So why do it here?

No flame, just an observation (to steal my buddies line).

Now, regarding K&N's and smoothies. It's ironic you used K&N's "proof" as a metric others should meet, because K&N are guilty of some of the biggest bullsh!t claims in the industry. There has been literally TONS of testing on K&N's, and actually most feel they will NOT produce an increase in power, but rather will flow similarly to stock filters, but will do so over a longer period of time than a stock filter. But K&N still makes big claims about how much power their filters make. When you see their dyno testing methods, there are plenty of variables left unaccounted for that could sway the results. I just find it very humorous that you would point to K&N's product as one that has been "proven" to work.

Again, not flaming - just pointing out some things.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmonton,

You wear your stupidity like a badge of honor. You claimed to have a patent, so I would like to read it, but you could not supply a file number for some reason. BS perhaps? I have no intentions of trying to copy a device that has no value.

I was also pointing out in another thread that a simple piece of plastic for $200 seems insane and that it could be done a lot more inexpensively.

It seems that you have a complex you need to deal with. You may want to start with the truth.

Brunton,

This vendor came to us claiming things so I am contesting the claims. If another vendor did and I didn't agree I would do the same. I didn't go to his store and demand anything, he came to the forum. So you are comparing apples to oranges in that regard.

I would be interested in seeing the K&N data you speak of. Can you provide a link?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike Brunton,

Thanks for the help mike,

PS. I haven't gotten a single photo radar ticket since I purchased your stealth plates last year!! Now my wife believes that I don't speed!

Steve

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah,

WHAT MODS DO YOU HAVE???

HAVE YOU PURCHASED ANY FROM ANYBODY??

PS. the thread about the patent actually reads like you wanted to hijack the product just as I stated, I will bump the thread just for you! And yes I didn't give you the patent #, spend some of your own cash for a change and search for it. Oh, by the way I have some magic "integrity" beans for you NO CHARGE but no guarantee on how well they will work on you!

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anybody see the movie "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray? I think at the end he tries to kill himself because it is the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...but I wouldn't be making a reference to this thread though. :D

Edmonton, still having probs with my e-mail. I haven't forgotten you.

Mike B, I heard similar things about the K&N's. I have them and put them on with the smooth tubes. I felt a huge difference...but because the OEM's were blocked. :crazy: .

My question is this. After you wash the K&N's, I heard that if not completely dried out (and then oiled) it can actually restrict more air than the original OEM's. I am putting away the car next week and wanted to clean them out. Anybody else here this?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Edmonton,

If you had any integrity you would post the Patent number. Since it is a public document you have nothing to lose. I am calling BS on you! You need to take some of those magic integrity beans since you don't seem to have any.

And finding a workaround to most mechanical patents is simple, but why on earth would anyone do that with this one?

Oh, by the way it is FREE to do a patent search just go to www.uspto.gov and see for yourself. I am surprised someone that has written a patent doesn't know that.

My mods: Filters and Smooth Tubes. Why? Because I have always used K&N filters and have reviewed the claims and they appear sound (see previous links to scientific approach), tubes because Woodhouse suggested them and I trust him implicitly (and it was a package deal). If there is data to the contrary I would like to see it.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I finally figured it out........

Joe117MagicHPBeansIShovedUpMyButt is truly in need of some relief. Joe bought the beans from Vipah and ingested them as described on the package. However, he took to many and is now unable to release the harbored hostilities he has acquired for all vendors in general. Unfortunately the fleets I suggested earlier will not work. :( Manual extraction is your only chance at this point. Since Vipah did not package these in the mandatory childproof container, I feel he should be the one to remove them :eek: Vipah just be sure to use a water soluble substance. We can not risk any further blockage at this point and shame on you for selling to those at risk for impactions.....tisk....tisk..... :D

ps - RISK-FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. (anyone else offer that on their products). I will be at the track OCT 25th to see how I do.

pps - I could be wrong on the above, it is just a hunch. :D

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You mean that Vipair thing that came with my airbox was supposed to add horsepower too?!? Shoot I thought Scott had thrown me in a fancy windshield scraper with a Viper logo for those cold winter mornings down the road, sorta like the VOI goody bag. Wondered why the darn thing had holes in it though.

And I was wondering how Scott did R&D on the scraper with him being down there in Florida and all. I was about to check into that, but now that I know it's some kind of performance part I guess I'll hold off. Where does she bolt up anyway, near the driveshaft?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ronnie,

With a power drill and a few body bolts you can darn near mount it anywhere you want, factory recomendation is in front of the airbox but on the roof as an air duct or on the back as a wing are also possibilities!

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow , I want one ...... I think , anybody know anything about this gizmo? Maybe I'll buy one and if I don't like I'll send it back, Hmmmmmmmmm!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

Jack has two jugs of beans. One jug contains magic "horsepower" beans. The other jug contains magic "integrity" beans.

Both jugs weigh the same although each jug contains a different number of beans.

If Jack buys a Vipair and reads every post in this thread, at what time will he arrive in Chattanooga?

:) Now someone go and test this **** on the track stat!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J DAWG,
Thank you for the interesting input. Your technical analysis is highly valued by all of us.
I do have one question.
Why are you always talking about things being up your butt?

Could you go over this please? Most of us never seem to mention this kind of thing and you seem to be talking about it all the time.

Have you done much of this or do you just enjoy talking about it?

It might be better if you just stick to technical topics and leave the foolishness alone.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good Morning Joe Joe, I think the technical side of this discussion stopped on page 2. From there on it has become more of a "how can I try and bash some one's product and reputation, even though it does not apply to me and I don't even know the guy personally." In my PROFESSIONAL opinion, these are signs of a severely repressed and for the lack of a better term, obstructed individual, who clearly has no concept of reality and is unable to logically think with some degree of common sense of how some things work irregardless if they don't compute on your little speak and spell software you have downloaded on you palm. :eek:

Simply put, RISK FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT OR IF IT DOES NOT PERFORM TO YOUR LIKING THEN SEND IT BACK. OH, BUT AS I SEE IT IS NOT APPLICABLE FOR YOUR 94.

Come on you can do better. :D

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perhaps you were better at talking about the other thing.

Anyway, have a nice day.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Perhaps you were better at talking about the other thing.

Anyway, have a nice day.

You to Joe. :D Glad I could help.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J.Dawg,

How many Magic HP Beans should I put you down for?

Simply put, RISK FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT OR IF IT DOES NOT PERFORM TO YOUR LIKING THEN SEND IT BACK!!

If you don't buy them then maybe I can interest you in some magic integrity beans.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FWIW, K&N has a display at most auto shops where you can compare a paper filter's flow to a K&N.

There's a plastic box with a couple small fans inside, a cutout in the box for a filter element, and a long tube sticking out of the top of it.

You can place either the K&N or paper filter in the square hole in the box, turn on the switch for the fans, and see that the ping-pong ball in the vertical tube rises to the top when the K&N is used as the filter.

When the paper element is used, the ping-pong ball rises only slightly in the tube.

Ergo, the K&N is supplying more air to the fans.

The difference is slight, but at the same time each filter element is only about 4" square.

So slight that if you cover the outer filter groove of the K&N with a finger on each side, the flow is effected enough for the ball to drop. :usa:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J.Dawg,

How many Magic HP Beans should I put you down for?

Simply put, RISK FREE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT OR IF IT DOES NOT PERFORM TO YOUR LIKING THEN SEND IT BACK!!

If you don't buy them then maybe I can interest you in some magic integrity beans.

The "bean thing" is getting old, been around longer than this thread, time for some new material. :D :usa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4