VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

If anyone reads back on this thread they will see that up to about a page ago I tried to keep this on a technical level.
The sellers of the Vipair have done nothing but attack me and attempted to ridicule my position.
I decided, after many such attacks, that there was no need to hide my feelings any longer.

After more than a few tests of dyno, air pressure and air temperature, it is obvious that Vipair isn't producing any measurable gains.
The continuing attacks on me, rather than any attempt to prove the value of their product, should be a tip off that they have nothing left but a worthless product that they are attempting to sell on the basis of trust.

When I repeat their statement that it "feels more like 50hp", I'm simply reminding everyone what the claims were at the start of this.

Now they are hiding behind their credibility as straight up business men.

If they really want to retain any credibility they better stop trying to sell this worthless piece of crud to people who trust them.

In the face of the data that has been provided by people on this board, they should retract their unsupportable claims.

Yes, they should be ashamed.

You are totally without credibility Joe. Get off the "feels more like 50hp" comment. Ever hear the term "feels like a million bucks?" It's called subjective overstatement and many advertisers use it. Most people read through subjective overstatements. If you were as smart as you represent yourself, you would know this, and I think you do. Anyone who is running smooth tubes (like you) and bashing Vipair is applying a double standard and obviously has some other adjenda. YOU have tested NOTHING and that is a FACT. Now go fish. :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These are some of the claims they made.

"an increase of about 16 RWHP and 16 RWTQ"

"While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

"This product will really win bragging rights on the track in MPH results,once you channel 100mph airflow properly great things happen"

"i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing,"

"Plain and simple this product provides a pressurized path of air flow directly to your motor,the faster you go the better it flows"

"we are not saying we are dropping temps more than ambiant air.What makes this work is not air temp but air flow.We are providing a path of positive air flow"

"we along with our customers found great benefit to this piece.and we decided to make one affordable for those that wanted to stay with the factory airbox but have the benefit of the extra airflow."

"The VIPAIR™ actually allows your car to breath in cold pressurized air from in front of the radiator."

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

These are some of the claims they made.

"an increase of about 16 RWHP and 16 RWTQ"

"While this result was exciting the best part was the drive home as the car felt like it had picked up an extra 50 RWHP, all the extra cold air was doing its job."

"This product will really win bragging rights on the track in MPH results,once you channel 100mph airflow properly great things happen"

"i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing,"

"Plain and simple this product provides a pressurized path of air flow directly to your motor,the faster you go the better it flows"

"we are not saying we are dropping temps more than ambiant air.What makes this work is not air temp but air flow.We are providing a path of positive air flow"

"we along with our customers found great benefit to this piece.and we decided to make one affordable for those that wanted to stay with the factory airbox but have the benefit of the extra airflow."

"The VIPAIR™ actually allows your car to breath in cold pressurized air from in front of the radiator."

WOW! Joe117, Thanks for repeating all the VIPAIR™ benefits. I am glad to see that you are now a believer, and it is great to see that you finally gave your head a shake and saw the light! :2tu: :2tu:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

never!!

Now what is this VIPAIR thing again?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OutThere, it's how the gerbil is affected from the airflow!!!

S

SUN RA KAT

I haven't posted here lately and I really have nothing to say other than

This is the thread that never ends. :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"all this controvery over 16RWHP? BWAHAHAHAHAHA"

Really, I don't know why they don't just back off on there stupid claims and sell the thing based on reality.

If they were to say, "this is a deflector similar to those found on race cars, it might help you get cooler air under some conditions", who could complain about that?

But no, they can't just sell the thing based on the real value, they have to hype the thing and make claims that are just silly.

This thing is never going to give anyone a "50 hp" SOTP feel. They have had plenty of time to say they didn't really mean "50 hp".

Go back on this page and look, they are still making these foolish, unsupported claims.

Why can't they just sell it based on what it really does, without the hype?

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We need to discover who hasn't posted in here yet and make them contribute.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We need to discover who hasn't posted in here yet and make them contribute.

The only one i can think of is Joe117............Oh wait i think he may have contributed(?)a while back :D

S

Stang7900

I have a vipair and it works great!! But it does not work well in reverse as it then creates a massive negative air pressure then stalls out the engine.
Im sorry I lied I do not have a vipair, but my wife has a nicepair.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good point. Has anyone dared test VIPAIR in reverse??? Some CRAZY shhit could unfold!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How bout them Cowboys!!!

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys. Just wasted over 3 hours going thru this thread and I was speedreading. I noticed initially several guys said they were going to buy and try and then report, but it sure seems that actual users are not reporting their results. Anyone get any track improvements with the Vipair? Very curious now as it was quite painful sifting thru the bullsh@t.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I cruised the garages this weekend at TMS and saw very few Gen II Vipers running with the NACA duct as their air supply. Many had retrofitted Gen I air boxes and blocked or removed the NACA duct. Talked to two high profile drivers who convinced me that there were issues with the NACA duct at speed. That was enough for me to keep my Vipair as an alternate source of intake air on my Gen II. :smirk: :usa:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sound's like you are looking for a reason to keep your Vipair.

A Viper on a road race track may very well gain something from this product. This hasn't been proven but it is possible.
But tell me, did you feel the "50 RWHP" gain after you bolted it on your street car?

They said, "i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing,"
How about you? Did you feel it?

These guys are selling this device to people with street cars and the claims they made for it have not been verified by those who have done some basic testing. In testing, no gains were verified.

Again,
If they said something like,

"This device is much like the ones the race cars are fitted with, it might do some good for you",

I wouldn't have any problem with it.

They have had plenty of time to back off from their initial claims if those claims were simply hyperbolae. They have not done so.
I can only assume that they are going to continue to sell this thing based on their exaggerated claims.

Even if it did give you the 16hp they claimed, you wouldn't be able to feel it.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sound's like you are looking for a reason to keep your Vipair.

A Viper on a road race track may very well gain something from this product. This hasn't been proven but it is possible.
But tell me, did you feel the "50 RWHP" gain after you bolted it on your street car?

They said, "i can guarantee you you will feel the seat of the pants difference with this thing,"
How about you? Did you feel it?

These guys are selling this device to people with street cars and the claims they made for it have not been verified by those who have done some basic testing. In testing, no gains were verified.

Again,
If they said something like,

"This device is much like the ones the race cars are fitted with, it might do some good for you",

I wouldn't have any problem with it.

They have had plenty of time to back off from their initial claims if those claims were simply hyperbolae. They have not done so.
I can only assume that they are going to continue to sell this thing based on their exaggerated claims.

Even if it did give you the 16hp they claimed, you wouldn't be able to feel it.

I felt the same thing you did Joe when you bolted on your smooth tubes and filters. I at no time ever thought I would feel 50 rwhp, I bought the product because it makes sense and will continue to use it confident that it is an improvement, same as my smooth tubes and filters. Roe blower going on tomorrow with the 7lb pulley, yeeeeehaaaaaa! :2tu: :usa:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby3, what were the issues at speed with the naca duct? I really want to know so I don't cut a hole in my hood for nuthin'!!!! Any info would be appreciated, thanks,Mitch

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Shelby3, what were the issues at speed with the naca duct? I really want to know so I don't cut a hole in my hood for nuthin'!!!! Any info would be appreciated, thanks,Mitch

I was told that at speed (verified in wind tunnel testing) the air flow can actually reverse in the NACA duct, that Dodge was aware of this and was one reason the Gen III doesn't use it. The highest pressure area on a Gen II is in front of the radiator through the front fascia. This is where the Vipair directs air flow into the Gen II air box. I didn't get the impression that the NACA duct aero problem was a factor that would be noticed by most daily drivers, hence no reason for Dodge to do anything with it. In the same category as smooth tubes to me. If you were going to go with a Gen II air box and NACA duct for cosmetics, a Vipair would ensure you would never encounter the aero issues of the NACA duct. I'm not mentioning names, but I got this information from one of the most respected drivers in the series. :2tu: :usa:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the info!!!!! :2tu: Do you know at what speed
this happens at? The gen.3 has a scoop, is it alot diff. than a naca duct? Is the triangle shape of the naca duct the problem? If so, does the scoop on the srt work better at speed? If it works better, I'll put the srt scoop on my car.
Thanks again, Mitch

p.s. might as well get some useful info from this thread one way or another!
(somewhat related)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.