VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like a shot glass...you need to remove three screws, lift the OEM plate off, install Vipair and install screws. 7 mins max.

Hey Tony,

Actual it's 7 screws :omg: 4 to remove OEM flat panel:eater: then install top screw:2tu: then with a die grinder:omg: hand fit where the Vipair goes into the airbox:crazy2: then install the 3 attaching screws:rolaugh:

When used with the lower fascia Roe unit:dunno: this become one cool part:drive::drive:I have both on my 64, 567 mile RaceYellow Viper:usa:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony,

Actual it's 7 screws :omg: 4 to remove OEM flat panel:eater: then install top screw:2tu: then with a die grinder:omg: hand fit where the Vipair goes into the airbox:crazy2: then install the 3 attaching screws:rolaugh:

When used with the lower fascia Roe unit:dunno: this become one cool part:drive::drive:I have both on my 64, 567 mile RaceYellow Viper:usa:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

One cool part! :lmao:

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being that I am relatively new to Vipers ( 3 years now ), I read through some of the posts and there is some funny $hit in here. I think it would take a week to read all of them. I think this thread will be on here forever. It should never die. LOL:)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clever device or marketing genius? One thing is for certain, half of all advertising is not wasted here.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading way too many pages of this thread I figured I should drop a post in it.

Perhaps we should schedule a dyno day and test the Vipair back to back with the Turbonator (Turbonator.com - Official Site) and see what provides better HP results... :lmao:

According to Turbonator, "Racing enthusiasts have used as many as 3 units." :omg:

I bet the seat of the pants feel you get is amazing!!! :rolleyes:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

IT'S ALIVE, ALIVE i SAY!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, you might as well go ahead and purchase the Vector now to compliment the white Vipair. What's next? White K&N filters?

FrankTHutchens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the deal with bashing the Vector? If nothing else it's based on sound theory-and apparently it doesn't come in white btw.. if you read through the ebay ad completely. Why would the color matter anyway?

It's an odd group here sometimes..guys post about their aftermarket Gen 3 throttle bodies that end up making less HP, have sticking throttle blades, less low end torque and other downsides, yet write off the $500 cost by saying "it looks good" when the hood's open, and no one questions that purchase..

Or, then there's the $500 SCT tuning devices that made some Gen2s run hotter, some of them idled smoother (wow) but don't seem to improve everyone's max HP or anyone's ET..?

No wonder low cost n/a Viper power mod developments have been not only stagnant over the last how many years(?) but also has the average Viper struggling to get out of the 12s..still.

Maybe if a mod's shiny and you can point it out in a parking lot that's all the value you're looking for?
roll.gif

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! This thread is pretty screwed up!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Pretty entertaining the way it does not even mimik the thread title!;) I realized that when reading back and I saw Dave`s been drinking beer from dixie cups!!:rolaugh:

Robert

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the deal with bashing the Vector? If nothing else it's based on sound theory-and apparently it doesn't come in white btw.. if you read through the ebay ad completely. Why would the color matter anyway?

The idea behind them is fine but the price is not. The price is the joke with them not the color. But I accidentally did the same thing utilzing ShopVac nozzles while modifying the stock airbox for bigger tubes/TB's. I call it Spector. Checked Lowe's today and the 3" nozzles were $6.77 each. Actually, the more I think about it the Vector looks like the funnel attachment for my Hamilton Standard mixer...the funnel you use to grind sausage? Hmm...a trip to Williams-Sonoma is in order.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.

Um.

Wow.

HEY MAN!!!

STOP IT!!!

Don't be dissing my white Vector thingies.

Anyway, I think we may have found who is selling the T-Rextor Vector Splectors. I mean, who else would find it necessary to defend a product that just looks fast? Doesn't that mean it can stand up for itself?

Oh. And Tony... What time should I be over for some of them sausages?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take 3 pair of them Chad. Just put "Texas" on the address label. I'll be waiting at the border.

Only 3? I see 7 pairs I would take :D

p.s.--they don't dress up like that around here for Christmas :dunno: Normally just Santa hats as evidenced in this photo from my trip to south Florida last year:

You must be registered for see images attach

With enough ******* photos, we can save this thread afterall :rolaugh:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it work?

You'll have to have your dyno in a wind tunnel to document it.

As a dynamic mod a car in a static wind condition will see no improvement.

:eater:

Sorry folks for that serious technical outburst. :lmao:

But I do have one on my car. Think I should paint it white for improved aero?

Status
Not open for further replies.