Viper and Z06 ---- side by side

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a "traitor" but I took delivery of my Z06 2 days ago to add to my collection....however I still love my SRT 10.
It is too early to make alot of comparisons, but the Viper is still more of a rush with its torque, sound and toplessness.....and still turns more heads.
The clutch uptake from a stop is easier to modulate, thou it is a bit heavier. the Z06 is much lighter and quieter to drive and has the feeling of a comfortable sedan. It does come on like gang busters toward 7000 rpm but does lack that low end "push back in the seat" feel.
More comparison will come later.

Ron
SRT10 - 11.9 stock
AMG E55 - 12.3 stock
93 ZR1 - 12.6 stock
67 427 Vette
06 Z06 ????????

4776ZV41.JPG

4776ZV31.JPG

4776ZV21.JPG

4776ZV11.JPG

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are both sweet cars. If I were in the market for a coupe to go with my Viper vert, the Z06 would be at the top of my list.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet cars, but I still think the chevy designers could have come up with something different instead of copying the viper front end. Just goes to show who's ahead of the the Horsepower and design wars. viper all the way. still nice ZO6 congrats

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice collection of American Muscle. I wouldn't object if you snuck in some pics of the ZR1 and 1967 pics as well. :D

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are both sweet cars. If I were in the market for a coupe to go with my Viper vert, the Z06 would be at the top of my list.

For me it is the Ferrari Testarossa, if I pick a coupe. But since I need a work car capable of carrying four and able to go off road, I don't see myself owning three cars at the same time, and putting over $220,000 of capital into depreciating assets in the garage (not including the wife's couple of cars)

But I'm afraid that I'm getting to a point in my life when something other than leading edge performance is calling to me. Otherwise it would be the Z06 for sure. An amazing accomplishment at a reasonable price. :usa:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! I agree with twinturbo3150, Chevy really could've come up with their own frontend. But still a great car. A C6 Z06 would be the only moden day Vette that I'd want, but I still like ANY Viper more :nana:

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I wanted a coupe I would definitely consider a Z06. The level of "extra" electronics would still cause me some concern. For example, I don't need (or want due to reliability issues) an electronic heater control or keyless ignition/starting.

SW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are mine..

second picture is after lowering the ZO6..

SW
You must be registered for see images

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures, and great review. I think that's the biggest difference between Viper and Vette owners. I think it's actually very cool that there is such a MAJOR difference in the two cars.

I actually rode in a Viper for the first time, recently. I thought it was HORRIBLY uncomfortable, and very hard to get in and out of (even with the top down). It was like a dream getting back into my Z06. I would probably rather have the Viper on a track, though.

Two pretty comparable and great cars, with two different platforms.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes there might be a major difference in the performance aspect of both cars, but for the lookes department, HEY CHEVY QUIT STEALING DESIGN'S. If you took the emblems off both cars and asked 100 average people which is the viper and which is the vette, I think there would be alot of cunfusion. Dont get me wrong I have nothing bad to say about the ZO6. I guess we viper owners should be happy, that a second rate company it using the dodge design because the viper is in deed the true sports car, hands down.

Bwright

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riwracer and SW, outstanding garages. If you both had a Ford GT they would be perfect. Great stuff and great pictures :2tu: .

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually rode in a Viper for the first time, recently. I thought it was HORRIBLY uncomfortable, and very hard to get in and out of (even with the top down). It was like a dream getting back into my Z06.

Good.

There's nothing nice about a Viper. It’s not for *****-waist girly men. The Viper is about torque and aggression. The harder you drive it, the better it gets. YOU command it.... do not expect it to drive itself, the car responds best to purposeful piloting. It's stripped down to the essentials - a big engine and four wide tires trying to keep the whole business on the pavement. It's loud, and shakes.

In a world of increasingly exotic exotics - high performance cars with high maintenance personalities - the Viper remains raw and unrepentant. “Yestertech”, meaning no electronic geewgaws or driver aids in favor of raw unadulterated power and RACE-CAR road manners(a race car is not a La-Z-Boy recliner). You can’t go into a coma and watch the birds fly. You gotta watch the road and steer around the big bumps. The Viper demands attentiveness. If you think looking like you’re on a rolling La-Z-Boy recliner is the way to be, you should look for something less demanding. Better yet buy the recliner and stay home watching old episodes of Friends.

Every car is unique, or it should be. Each car has its own individual personality. For me, it’s the Viper all the way. Simply put, Vipers are rebels. Pissed-off looking machines propelled by wacky big motors that run straight out of the gate. The Viper clearly is an entirely different breed of animal. You can keep the rollin’ computers....err...I mean cars that even my 80 yr old grandma could drive, and give me a true driver’s car, a bad-tempered Dodge Viper. Perhaps the last pure car in production today.

The Viper has always been more than just a car. To enthusiasts, it represents the purest expression of free-spirited driving. Unlike the pseudo-sports cars, at Dodge, slick copy has never been a replacement for raw performance. I like the fact that it takes real skill to drive a Viper hard. So yes it's "HORRIBLY uncomfortable", and very hard to get in and out of, yes it's loud, it shakes, and it gets hot inside. This isn't a car for everyone.....JUST AS IT'S MEANT TO BE.

Just one man's opinion.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"Riwracer and SW, outstanding garages. If you both had a Ford GT they would be perfect. Great stuff and great pictures"

Dream combo...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very well said. I went from a 911 to a Viper and never looked back and probably never will. In fact I first drove a Viper as I was test driving a 911 Turbo. There was a Viper on the lot so I asked to take it for a spin. From the point I climbed into the seat, I was hooked.

The Viper simply stimulates all your senses and commands respect. It is the closest thing to a racecar on the street.