Viper Owners who also own a Ford GT.....

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Members,

Next Sunday will be the next Top Gun Run event held at the Dade Collier Transit and Transportation Airport. As I have mentioned before, there are standing mile events throughout the country, but NONE of them are on a smooth surface like this airstrip. And NONE of them are as long. 2 miles by 150' to be exact.

There are already many of you coming out to this event and some of you are bringing out some very fast cars. Some of you are bringing something other than your Viper which is encouraged, if that's what you want to do. Member Mark Butters is bringing out his Saleen S7. Just look at the list of cars coming and you'll see why this event will be an event that will highlight our year. In the later afternoon, the mile mark will moved a half mile further to get your ALL OUT top speed at 1.5 miles out. Some of you will need this, some of you won't but this is Top Gun Run and this is how they do it.

Member Eunice Firth who slithers by men on the road course in her beautiful 2009 Green Viper Coupe will join the ranks as one of the fastest women in the world ever as she will also put her pedal to the metal. John Merkus with his 900+ HP 2002 Viper GTS is looking to slightly change the rotation of our earth by running this event too. Many DLM and Hefner Twin Turbo Lamborghinis; the list goes on.

Some interesting people and competitors coming out to this event include Camilo Pardo who is bringing his 2006 Ford GT Gulf edition. For those in the VCA who own a Ford GT, be sure to bring something for him to autograph; he's the one who designed that car!

There is also a 2000 HP Ford GT looking to break the current land speed record AND a 600 HP Turbo Hayabusa that makes 600 HP at rear wheel. If you're any kind of gear head, car freak, or racer, DO NOT miss this event.

As I mentioned before, all VCA members get in for free. If you wish to race, take off $25 off the basic package, or take off $25 off the full package.

I'm looking forward to seeing you next Sunday so register in the next few days and grab your helmet and come and run your Viper the way it was meant to be driven. FAST!!!

www.topgunrun.com

Ivan[/FONT]

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Everytime I see a post like this I can't stop envying you guys in FL.
Come on Top Gun, organize one for So. Cal speed freaks... :(

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everytime I see a post like this I can't stop envying you guys in FL.
Come on Top Gun, organize one for So. Cal speed freaks... :(

We would love to do one for you! Real Estate is the problem. If it wasn't for some group's mistake here in South Florida, we wouldn't have had the great fortune of using this incredible facility.

This airport was supposed to be the world's largest supersonic airport, with trains to and from Miami. In 1970 after this 2 mile airstrip was paved, the entire project was canned. they're still using it for training and military ops so it's definately NOT going to waste.

There will be more events in the fall; we're looking at a 2 day event with some driving down to the upper Keys. Hopefully that may allow some of you from greater distances travel over to Miami and enjoy an fun-filled weekend.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Goggle the Silver State Classic. May is the mile event. Mostly based in Vegas I think. I have the Silver State Rally on my Bucket list. Couple hundred miles of public road rally. Top average speed is 180mph (I think). Over 100mph average speed needs a rollbar. All new entrants need race school this year.

I'm hoping to do Western Cda Targa Rally in May. Having a supercharger on my car disqualifies my car for the Knox Mtn Hill Climb so I am thinking about running my Stealth R/T TT in that.

There's also the Texas mile/ Moxon? Edmonton, Alberta has some sort of high speed run once a year as well. The $2,000 entry kinda turned me off.

Ted

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my second Florida Mile. Ivan again I like to say thanks for the great effort you put forth in order for us to have another event of this caliber.

You must be registered for see images

Resident Photoshop expert Austins pic

Fuelmans FGT

The last pic is Ripper & Peaks Bulls

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Safety BS rule of 'Mojave Mile' turned me off....

FYI, you can't go faster than 165mph when you

don't have nomex race suit, roll bars, fire extinguisher,

5 point seats belts and blah blah blah...

You're absolutely right! These guys putting on these events realize that these cars are buile to go that speed, but if they in reality, they are covering themselves in case a 1980 Camaro decides to go 225. THAT I can understand.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan you blew my cover for the Viper Slayer. If my wife comes we are bringing both cars and the hunt for a white FGT will be on:omg:

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg-TT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're absolutely right! These guys putting on these events realize that these cars are buile to go that speed, but if they in reality, they are covering themselves in case a 1980 Camaro decides to go 225. THAT I can understand.
Have a great time and don't forget to post vids of runs... :2tu:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels are CCW. They were designed for the FGT. The owner changed the back spacing and it's a perfect fit. 18/19 combo.