Viper powered supercar...

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would D/C outsoursce the Viper engine for an indie supercar project? such as the McLaren was "powered by BMW", the new car could be "powered by Viper"? just curious if this has ever come up in conversation. would they even consider entering in to a business arrangement of such?

pit

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they would if they felt it would do their brand proud. They'd have to be satisfied the project would be a positive experience and not a white elephant.

Anything that adds to the bottom line of a company is of interest.

What they probably would not do is bankroll it - so someone else would have to... so there's the problem.

OP
OP
P

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the reply torque, and i agree. so now i need to find an investor i suppose...

pit

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are serious - send me an email and I'll give you a few pointers that might help - but first you need to market the idea to convince me :D

I'm a petrolhead as well as an accountant/business consultant - so if you can convince me there may be merit in the concept - I'll give you some free advice on how you might obtain enough "presales" to attract investors and fund a project. If you can't convince me - you are probably going to struggle with this - it has to stack up on numbers not emotion - then it might work... it's a small market but there is a market for top quality limited runs.

OP
OP
P

pitviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually i had seen that one, looks interesting enough. thanks for the additional heads up paul...

pit

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bristol has one thing in common with all its models - they all fell out of the ugly tree and hit all the branches on the way down. They might be hand made - but their designers need castrating... :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960