Viper sighting while in Irvine, also need suggestions where to live there.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moving to work in Irvine. Was neighborhood looking and stopped to get a flier for a house for sale and low and behold saw a gorgeous black (maybe sapphire?) silver striped GTS pull off of a street named Sonny. Beautiful car if it is anyone on here.

Anyways, took one look at the pricetag and decided I am going to have to live out of my car for the next two years.

I will be transfering to my company's Irvine office. If anyone from around that area has any suggestions on an "affordable" (~500k) neighborhood that is Viper friendly, please please please shoot me a PM and let me know.

Thanks!

-J

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lived in Lake Forest for several years. (Just South of Irvine). Less expensive there, but $500,000 does not go all that far. I lived on a small (50 acre) private late, with a dock for fishing and boating just out my back door.

To take a look, take I-5 south and turn left on the Lake Forest exit.Lake will be a couple miles ahead, on the left.

Irvine is a Viper fantastic area. Great roads, runs up and down the coast, Victory Vipers is just down the road in San Clemente, and Irvine Dodge has good Viper Techs.

Icing on the cake, is a very active ViperClub. Lots of activities. We just did a fantastic slither from Huntington Beach to Dana Pointe. We then went out to California Speedway to hang with the SRT crew.

Vipermann1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Buckeye Viper,

I can help you out with finding a home in the area.
Shoot me an e-mail and call me.

Actually, I am thinking of moving to Orcange County (Irvine) area myself.

E-MAIL: [email protected]

Cell: 818-800-3329.

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are awesome! One thing I've learned is that Irvine and Columbus are about as alike as a Viper and a Pinto.

I am very excited about moving out there and am definitely looking forward to meeting up with you guys. I could always use some advice too, whatever you know.

Techs?

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but while you're in the area, check out Crystal Cove in Newport Beach on Sat mornings. Great informal car show w/ many exotics. Show is 7-9 am evary Sat.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This also off topic but I noticed Paul mention that they were out at California Speedway. I was at Fontana checking out the PSCA Drag guys on Saturday and noticed a bunch of Vipers exiting the Speedway next to the dragstrip. I would rather have seen some Viper action. What was going on?

_Niz_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Techs?? Dave Jenkins owner of Victory Vipers in San Juan Capistrano 949 482 2440, actually I think he is originally from Ohio...You wont find a better person to work on your car!!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Camfab.
The ViperClub was having a slither along the coast. Everyone who attended the slither was invited by SRT to come out to Fontana where they were doing their racing school. They had drags, road courses and solom. Attendees could drive any of the SRT vehicles on the courses. The club members were allowed to drive our own cars in a lead/follow around the road course. Great time with some great people. The ME4/12 was there, and they were giving rides in that for a while.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you get a taste of So Cal living you won't want to go back! I've been here for 4 years (from NY) and this place is heaven. Especially if you like cars!!

good luck with your new job and new CA lifestyle, dude heh

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang