Viper V. C6 video

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those bozo's are used to their wuzzy brit cars. They know NOTHING about a true power house like the Viper. :mad:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brits are notorious for knocking down American Muscle cars.

Only if James Bond would drive one, then we'd be OK! :p

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Brits are notorious for knocking down American Muscle cars.

Only if James Bond would drive one, then we'd be OK! :p

LMAO thats true

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The wild smiles and laughs as they were tracking the cars give away their excitement driving great American sports cars. They just can't admit they liked them. Its some kind of unspoken code of the British auto journalists. If they actually like an American sports car, they have to say something about how its too wide for narrow streets, or how it doesn't like cobblestone roads.

I think they are still mad about losing the colonies. Time to forgive and forget, chaps, life goes on.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scurvy dogs,(the precuarsor to a limy) are used to British refinement, and don't understand raw performance. They are a bit short sighted if I must say. The Corvette is a bit easier car to drive, but it doe's not have the ********* feel of the Viper. I've owned many British cars, and I can appreciate there unique features. They should understand what the Viper is all about, before they speak.

The comment on the notchy trans. is true, but they really don't understand that the T-56 is Tremecs crowning achievement, as it will handle up to 800 HP and survive it. The trans. is really very smooth for it's brute size. The Vette has the same trans. in a lighter duty version, as I understand, and will not handle extreme power. No Brit. trany. ever built would handle the power of a T-56 That's for sure.

Bought many Vipers, from people that just don't understand these cars. Some with as low as 200 miles on them. Not there cup of tea. If they would do a little bit of research, they would understand things a bit better.

Skip

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scurvy dogs,(the precuarsor to a limy) are used to British refinement, and don't understand raw performance.

They have something called TVR over the pond...These cars are similar to the Viper in power and raw unrefined feel..But somehow magically they rave about those cars but hate the Viper....Blatant bias imho...I at least expected them to like the Vette as its much more refined and much easier to drive than the Viper...Oh wait..He liked the RT10 but he hates the SRT10...Hmmmmm

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the video.
Ya gotta remember, "the British are coming,the British are coming".
The Brit's lined up in neat little rows like bowling pins to attack the enemy.
The guys doing this video would have been generals back then.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still, in the end, who finished 1st!!! On a very "curvy" track!!! Add a couple more straight aways and the Viper would have smoked it even worse!

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That cracked me up! They were having a blast in the cars, and because of the notchy tranny, the Viper is "rubbish"? What a ****** bag.

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my dads brand new SRT/10 and my brother in laws brand new C6 last night back to back. Vette had a 6 speed also.

Let me say this... THERE IS NO COMPARISON!

The vette felt like an everyday honda with 400hp. The Viper..as you all know...felt like the automotive version of a Tyranasaurus Rex that it is!

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok... I just watched the video... what a couple of wimps! What do you expect from a nation who thinks the Jaguar is god, drinks way to much tea and needed the US to bail them out of WWII? They probably thought our Shermans where to "bulky" and "provided no feedback" too!

I like how the guy in the vette was actually trying to keep up and the guy in the Viper was spending more time complaining and looking at the camera. If he had concentrated on driving he probably would have lapped the vette!

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
********, the Vette can have 10 year interest free financing, run 10's bone stock, and come with 30K in the glovebox, and id still take the Viper.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my only ambition: buy a RT Viper - a lot of uk drivers say they won't buy one (partly because wankers in charge keep harpin on about pollution..) but vipers turn most heads - they are special... and i'm saving!
family friend's got a TVR Griffith (~500hp) and the reliability is said to be v. big let down (-> pistonheads.com). (tvr's owned by a 25 yr old russian)

...so that sticks a spanner in your worx! not all brits are the same.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scurvy dogs,(the precuarsor to a limy) are used to British refinement, and don't understand raw performance. They are a bit short sighted if I must say. The Corvette is a bit easier car to drive, but it doe's not have the ********* feel of the Viper. I've owned many British cars, and I can appreciate there unique features. They should understand what the Viper is all about, before they speak.

The comment on the notchy trans. is true, but they really don't understand that the T-56 is Tremecs crowning achievement, as it will handle up to 800 HP and survive it. The trans. is really very smooth for it's brute size. The Vette has the same trans. in a lighter duty version, as I understand, and will not handle extreme power. No Brit. trany. ever built would handle the power of a T-56 That's for sure.

Bought many Vipers, from people that just don't understand these cars. Some with as low as 200 miles on them. Not there cup of tea. If they would do a little bit of research, they would understand things a bit better.

Skip

:2tu: Uh-oh. A Texan and a Calfornian with exactly the same experience, and exactly the same opinion on something??? What's this world coming to? Sorry to say that I couldn't agree with Skip more. Absolutely "spot on" as our English cousins would say. Would I love to own a Caterham or a Noble,or TVR? Absolutely. Do I think they're a better cars than the Vette or Viper? No. I have purchased C5s and Vipers instead of Porsches, or Ferraris, or any of my former Brit cars. It depends on what you want. But the guys in the video are hyprocrits. They're drifting, and laughing, and having a ball, WHILE they are calling the cars rubbish. To me that's dishonest reporting, based upon preconceived attitudes favoring smaller, lower hp, lighter cars with more compliant suspensions. Not an open minded test in any way.

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got this video from the C6 forum. The guys overthere are so viper envy.

I don't agree. I'm a member of both forums (04 C5 Black Coupe over there), and with the exception of the same number of juvenile personalities that we have here, most posters in both forums are car enthusiasts who like both cars. Particularly interesting is that in a poll they are running, over 25% of the poll participants put the Viper ahead of the Z06 as a car they prefer. I think the new Z06 is going to run rings around my 03 Viper, and the only two reasons I wouldn't buy one over my Viper are: (1) Doesn't seem like it is going to be possible to take the top off without compromising the aluminum frame; and (2) the Viper is almost Ferrari "exotic" which plays to my need to be the center of attention some of the time (My silver Audi S8 plays to my need to be completely invisible other times).

It's funny. This time I was finally going to buy a Ferrari.... particularly a 91 Testarossa. But the Viper was so much better as a car than the Ferrari, for way less money, that I couldn't justify it. But I still dumped the new Vette for the Viper. Whatever in me wants the Ferrari is better satisfied by a Viper than a Vette. And it isn't about absolute performance. Despite taking the Skip Barber classes, I don't track my own cars, so none of these cars will be driven to the max by me. It is something else. Maybe a need to be seen. I don't know.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say most Vette owners would do an even swap for an equal year Viper any day, and not for resell gain, but because they would be moving up in true sport car class.

It would have made more sense if they were doing a comparison on a Z28 and a Mustang Cobra. Or a Cadilac, and Lincoln sedan, even though they have little knowledge about these cars.

No one is in doubt about the technolagy GM has put into the Z06, but we know that. We know a Vette gets better fuel mileage. We know it's a good car for the money, due to the high volume sales, and we know it's confy on a long trip, but we choose the Viper over it. They haven't the slightest idea of why we choose these cars.

That little show they were doing would be like me going up to a guy that has $25,000.00 in his 65 Mustang and telling him how much better an 05 Mustang is than what he has, as if he didn't know that.

And why are they doing a comparision with two american cars, that they have no real knowledge about.

Kinda like Carrol Shelby going over there and doing a comparison test on a Jag, and a Lotus Esprit twin turbo, and saying how much better the Jags rides, or bragging how much faster the Lotus is. They would find that very funny.

Skip White

ps, they think the Viper trans. is notchy, they should drive it with a MGW short shifter on it, and one that has had the rubber isolater shaft removed. Now that's notchy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960