Vipers dissed again

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper stands alone in its class...has no nanny controls like the Porsche/GTR/Z06...nor awd. It really cannot compare...it stands alone in its own niche, thankfully!!!! ~juli

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As if you don't already know the results:
The Viper wins all the events, but the Vette is the best overall daily driver...blah blah blah...even with a slipping clutch, motor problems and a squeaky, cheap plastic interior.

On the first 5 pages of the magazine there is going to be a Chevrolet/GM 2 page ad, and do you think that has anything to do with their test results/opinions? It is blatantly obvious, and that's the reason I don't subscribe to the magazine.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the rags not compare our Vipers to other cars. All those other cars have all those nanny aids anyway. The last thing I want is the Viper to be lumped in with those.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the rags not compare our Vipers to other cars. All those other cars have all those nanny aids anyway. The last thing I want is the Viper to be lumped in with those.

I thought exactly the same thing when my issue arrived. The Viper doesn't appeal to the same "crowd" as those other "cars", and it would have been the Viper/GT-R beating the Vette and the Porsche anyway in most catagories. My guess is that the test was bought and paid for by Piss on Nissan and they didn't want the Viper to show them up. After reading the entire rag in about a half hour I proceded to the bathroom to tear out the pages, tape them together and roll them up on an empty toilet paper roll.:lmao:

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this test was mainly a Daily driver sports car test, and the viper isnt a stupid daily driver (which softens everything up in the car) so it wasnt a valid test car.. But yea, an 08 viper would make those 3 cars look like timid sheep!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vipers always win those mag comparisons but then the writer always places the other cars ahead in the ratings. It goes something like this. "The viper is an awesome beast. Pure fun to drive and I can't help loving it. It scored better on every test we ran. But the xxxx has cruse control. So I have to say the xxxx is the better car."

It use to bother me to see all those comparisons where {farrari, porshe, vette, electric car, tricycle, grandma in a wheel chair} beats the viper. But then I realize that they have all those types of posts because the see the viper as the car to beat. The benchmark.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper killed the comp in the Battle of Evil Twins R&T issue. It would have been no competition. And, since Cerebus is stingy w/ advertising dollars, the rags only write about Vipers when they absolutely have to.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said this on a simliar thread.... check how much Nissan spend in the last 12 months and the next 12 months compared to Chrysler. They wanted to show off the GTR, so having a Viper ACR kick it's @$$ would not have been good.

Take a look at all the comparos between the Z06 and Viper. Doesn't matter How many catagories the viper wins... the cupholders always come to play, and most recently, some mag threw in that the Viper was more expensive than a vette. How much do you want to bet that when the +$100k ZR1 comes out, they will crown it the winner... even though it costs substantialy more than a viper?

As a rule of thumb... I think all mags on the first page should list how much manufacturers spend on advertising over the year. That puts a lot of what they write into perspective.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A quote from the Evil twin article:

Millen points out that "as with all Vipers, you must be the boss of the car, and the harder you run it, the better it is

I would hazard to guess that the Viper varies way more between drivers than any of the other cars so comparing can be difficult.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235