What age is the Viper Owner ?

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully someone's still keeping count... I'm 29, bought mine little over a year ago. Wanted one every day since 1991 and twice a day since the first time I saw the GTS. It's my first Viper and will probably be my last. I'll die with the keys in my pocket, that's for sure. Great thing about owning your dream car is you stop thinking about "what if" and just worry about finding excuses to drive it.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the VCA Notes article on the first VOI? A 77 year old woman showed up it her Viper!!! If she still had her Viper she would be 91...

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 64, own an '08 and have owned 3 others: one of each generation. My kids won't let me be buried in it, though. Oh well, I'll get a new home and won't need wheels....

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper owner is timeless. He was there when the wheel was invented. He was there when the first unpowered wheeled vehicle went down a hill at speed. He was there when the 100 MPH speed barrier was broken. He was at Bonneville when each land speed record was set. He is at Indianapolis and Daytona every year. He is the freedom to succeed.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well after years of dreaming I bought my 96 GTS a month before I turned 30. That being said it was more affordable when I was 23 than it is now.
NOw I have a wife, 2 girls, mortgage...yadda yadda.
To me it seems that mid 20's or after age 50 is when they are just more affordable/justifyable/economical.

My dad is 60, he wouldnt spend that much on a car, But he has 3 hunting trips this year...New Zealand, Africa, Alaska...that will total over $50k...and he does it every year...that would make a nice Viper garage!!!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is interesting the evolution of the ownership of the viper. At 53, I have had all generations and had one of the first 200 RT/10s in 1994. So I was 39 when I got my first viper at sticker at 50,000. For awhile I was concerned that the same group was buying the cars and we were all getting older but the younger crowd has stepped in and I think that is great.

VCA Member
Reaction score
'97 at 54
'08 at 65

Kept them both

Doesn't make me feel young (don't want to go back there), but it does make me feel good!

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my mid 20's and still working on mine, technically I could get one now but I'm waiting until more things work out $$ wise because anyone that knows me from the "other" Viper site they know I'm not much of a VCA guy if you will but more of a race kinda guy (road race/drag). My Viper... Gen 2 will be coming apart the moment I get it for the full rebuild/TT treatment. So it would be similar to Sal's GTS
T6 88's anyone? :D

:drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

Abe Froman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
44-When I bought my 2006 Gen-III. I'm 45 now and looking for a 2nd Snake, an 08 will fill the need nicely. Best time I've ever had!!!

woosch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few days after I turned 40 I went and picked up my 08. My "friends" have named the car MAC for Middle Aged Crisis...

Wanted a Viper since they first came out.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold my business and turned 33, so I bought my 06' Coupe brand spanking new out of the showroom as a present to myself. Of course, my lovely wife always preaches no regrets in life, so it was with her full support.

35 now, but I have been collecting cars and working on cars, since I was able to work and turned the ripe ole age of 13. Pretty much capped off every highlight in my life with a special car purchase;

(1) - 1969 Mach 1 when I turned 14 after working a summer of construction
(2) - 1983 Ford Mustang GT - After getting my drivers license.
(3) - 1987 Ford Mustang GT - After getting drafted to NHL.
(4) - 1993 GMC Sierra GT 1/2 ton truck - 383 stroker, whipple, lowered, etc. - After graduating high school.
(5) - 1996 Ford Cobra Mustang - after graduating BSEE and getting first professional career job.
(3) - 1999 Saleen S281R - after receiving my first management position promotion.
(4) - 1995 Saleen S351 "Mystic Edition" Speedster (my very first dream car after getting my driver's license) after my first Operations Management position promotion.
(5) - 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo - After my first VP BD Position for the US.
(6) - 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe - After selling my company.
(7) - 2007 Jeep SRT8 - After selling my company.
(8) - 2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - After my first VP of US Operations promotion.

That pretty much caps it off. While I am young, I hate to say but I agree that for the most part a Viper should be a car you grow into, not start out in. If I had a Viper when I was 16, I would have probably wrapped it around a pole with me in it. The financial stability aspect is important and you need to understand that a Viper is a luxury item. Take care of your smart investments, money management and your professional career first because if you do that, you can have as many Vipers as you like later on. In all that, there is a balance. I lucked out that I was able to find it and it looks like there are a lot of young Viper owners that have done that as well. That is awesome.

I think everyone should just feel fortunate to own such a car and the large numbers of young owners is extremely encouraging that the Viper, itself will remain truly timeless.

For the older guys who were around when the Cobra was new. It is a second chance that is for sure. What fun is inheritence anyway?

Okay I will get off my soap box. just glad to be a part of the big family. :)

Last edited:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 62. Married for 42 years. Three daughters-put through college and then married off. First Viper- '96 GTS new- 2003 silver and now yellow.

PBR

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
40 now,37 when I got it,I would agree about the price makes it easy to get one now.I also see as it is just a 2 seat car that once you have kids its hard to keep.Its a major fight which one gets to go.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it is interesting the evolution of the ownership of the viper. At 53, I have had all generations and had one of the first 200 RT/10s in 1994. So I was 39 when I got my first viper at sticker at 50,000. For awhile I was concerned that the same group was buying the cars and we were all getting older but the younger crowd has stepped in and I think that is great.

I'm 20 and have had mine for a little over a year. Younger people are able to afford them because the Gen1 and Gen2's are rather cheap nowadays(especially for what you get). People see my GTS and are amazed, but it doesn't cost much more than most new luxury cars or SUV's..

I figured I'd get mine before I get married and have kids and go through all of that..

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
47 going on 22......No matter what my body says, I keep getting younger...

You know Plumcrazy told me when I bought my Viper girls would swoon over me..........That just hasn't happened yet.:confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth