What do you guys want to see in 08?

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most of these have already been mentioned, but here's my top 10 wish list:

1. Less weight - This is a must.
2. More power - This should be easily done with the existing cubic inches.
3. Better factory tuning - No reason why we should need to reflash the computer to get the car to run well.
4. Options on the gearing - Some guys love the 3:07s and some prefer shorter. Why not make it optional?
5. PLEASE do something about the cabin heat! Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but a baking hot cockpit does nothing to add to my driving pleasure or excitement.
6. Wheel sizes that allow for more options on tires without having to go to aftermarket wheels.
7. Improve the exhaust note, if possible. Not a biggie, but a nice to have.
8. Functional roll bar, especially on the convertable - This is a biggie, in my opinion.
9. Forged internals and valve train inmprovements that would allow for a 7000 rpm redline. This could be lumped into the "more power" category.
10. Dry sump oiling - another nice to have.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#1 Less weight 3100-3200 max

#2 More Hp 650 at least (lest we forget the bluedevil)

#3 Better sounding stock exhaust

That's it and even number 3 is not really important. The viper is supposed to be really really fast and now that the shelby has even been tested at low 12's at 43k who's gonnna spend all that money on a viper.

Just lightening the car and adding the power will make it difficult to keep the price sub 100k but if it can out perform the Z06 and go toe to toe with the blue devil which will be at least 100k then Im cool with that.

I really like the new coupe and wouldnt really change a thing, it's the best looking viper ever IMO. I dont like the vert very much though.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
less weight
More Hp (like 625)
clamshell hood would be cool
optional ACR edition (with like 700 Hp)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to see some body panel re-designs...the front facia at the least. I'm not crazy about the Gen III look with the exception of the rear quarter of the new coupe!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rear exhaust or side exhaust? I personally don't care which way but functionally the rear would be better in terms of sound and heat control. I like the side exhaust look but I think the rear exhaust could look look good too if done right.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<font color="red">2008 Dodge Viper</font>

Predicted debut: 6:30pm-8:30pm Monday September 25th, 2006, VOI9 Las Vegas

Start of production (Job 1): January 8th, 2007

End of production: July 2008 (for the 2008 model)

Series: ZB

Models: SRT10 coupe and SRT10 convertible (+ Special edition models)

New features:

Exterior refresh
8.4L SFI V10 engine replaces 8.3L V10 (600-650 hp estimate)
High performance alternator
New SRT-10 satin silver badging
+?

Key carryover features from 2006:

6-speed T56 manual transmission (revised?)
3.07 axle ratio
12-inch clutch
18.5-gallon fuel tank
18x10 and 19x13 wheels
275/35ZR18 and 345/30ZR19 Michelin tires
310-watt amp w/7 speakers and subwoofer
Anti-lock 4-Wheel-disc brakes
Dual side exhaust
HID headlamps
Keyless Entry
Leather wrapped Steering Wheel
Power adjustable pedals
Power windows (1-touch up)
Preferred suede seats w/leather trim
Radio RBQ AM/FM radio w/in-dash 6-disc CD
Sirius satellite radio
Sport Suspension
Tilt steering column

Colors: Viper...black, blue, red, yellow, slate crystal?, more?

Source: oh2o/Allpar

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a smart @ss but I would love to see better viper sales for the viper. There's so many left over this year there is know reason to make any. They need to get back on top and nothing against the ZO6 but the viper is the only and true muscle car. Looking forward to the 08 and hope to see much HORSEPOWER...Adrian

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, the Z06 is a great car, Chevy finally got it right. If I wanted refinement, traction control, XM Satellite and all the gadgets then it may be something I'd look into. I bought the Viper for it's sheer brutality..it's mean, obnoxious and fast...You don't see them on every street corner. They're special. The '08 simply needs to be meaner, more obnoxious and faster. If Dodge decides to add traction control then we need the ability to shut it off and I mean COMPLETELY off.

bigerc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, let me start by saying since I don't own a viper I realize that my opion doesn't really matter BUT I thought maybe someone whose opion does count will agree with me so here it goes...

First, the Viper needs little change I think that to keep top of the hill status it needs an engine that puts out 625-675 hp or somewhere in that range, and from every report I have seen so far it looks like it will get that. Next it needs to have as much cheap weight loss as possible. I say cheap because its price tag is already plenty high enough. Also, different gearing might be a plus people who don't drastically change horsepower tend to change the gears anyways so they might as well make them that way.

Second, I realize that it is almost "unviperish" to have options and initially I totally agree, the car comes with everything you need to kick butt and take names but I think some packages would be nice and I'll explain what I mean exactly and why.

ACR Package - Ok the ACR package of my imaginary viper of the future would be like this - main focus is weightloss. Price here is not as big of a deal as on the base model changes because we do have that base model to compete in the price range the viper is suppose to be in. So the ACR package would have lost alot of weight and have stiffer suspension (or possibly even customizable suspension). The ACR package will not however have any horsepower changes other then I think it would be nice if it included mopar performance exhaust and other mopar performance parts. Also I think the ACR should have light wheels that are unique to the ACR package and possibly unique ACR color schemes and badges, OH and a 5-point harness. But overall the main goal is weight loss.

Now the last option is the factory superchanger. Yes I know that factory supercharging is frowned apon and is kind of cheap horsepower, but I think that in this case it would work. It should provide about 100hp gain but needs to be extremely durable and not super expensive. That 100 extra ponies should put the Viper S/C between 725-775 hp. Not too shabby.

Also as far as colors go I think they need to do what they did in '06 where they have like 4 or 5 different base colors and 3 or 4 different stripe colors(optional stripes) and 2 or 3 different wheels. And I know everyone got sick of mambas but I think that is mostly because everyone thought of is as some special package they should have just called it what it was a special interior color option. So if on the new vipers it rotated each year which colors were made with "special color packages" that wouldn't bother me.

SO to recap...

Viper - Big hp bump slightly lighter should be able to hand it to Z06 with even drivers however if you really **** and the Z06 driver is amazing you will pry lose.

Viper ACR - A somewhat pricier viper but can't be touched by a Z06 and actually should hand it to a Z07 (or bluedevil or stingray whatever)

Viper S/C - Not that much more expensive than the base model and should still beat a Bluedevil at least on the straightaway. Probably should be comparable with a Viper ACR on the straights but not on the track.

And finally the ....(drumroll)

Viper ACR S/C - Yes a car that while costing more than any previous viper puts down numbers that are Saleen S7 good (and at like 1/4 the cost of the S7) and the best part is that it is all factory.

I really think that this system would accomplish both goals of keeping the viper the best in its current price bracket and I think the Viper ACR S/C would create the kind of hype the original viper did when it could whip cars that cost 5times as much. Granted it would be a very different and much more expensive car than the original viper.

This is all just my very lowly humble opion but I have spend alot of time thinking this out I hope these ideas if nothing else just give you guys something to think about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187