What Does He Do For A Living???

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dood!

You are married with a kid and you have a Viper? This is not very common. I`m guessing your working your butt off and is it paid for? Most of my buddies, married buddies that is - the wife, under no circumstances will allow him to have a sports car and a Viper, well - forget it!

94BlackSnake, you are a lucky one! ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dood!
You are married with a kid and you have a Viper? This is not very common. I`m guessing your working your butt off and is it paid for? Most of my buddies, married buddies that is - the wife, under no circumstances will allow him to have a sports car and a Viper, well - forget it!

This thing with the 'wife--under no circumstances will ALLOW him'....that's the part that gets me....there is no 'allowing' allowed here!!! LOL.....Mike & I respect each other and luckily have each others' interests and passions that we share...we are blessed to have each other now in this part of our life and totally ENJOY the Viper and the people we meet. Yep, done with raising kids, they're on their own...but nothing wrong either with the people who DO have wives/families AND Vipers now...no 'letting' involved...94BlackSnake just is fortunate to have it all at a younger age, more power to him AND his family!! ~juli~

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thing with the 'wife--under no circumstances will ALLOW him'....that's the part that gets me....there is no 'allowing' allowed here!!! LOL.....Mike & I respect each other and luckily have each others' interests and passions that we share...we are blessed to have each other now in this part of our life and totally ENJOY the Viper and the people we meet. Yep, done with raising kids, they're on their own...but nothing wrong either with the people who DO have wives/families AND Vipers now...no 'letting' involved...94BlackSnake just is fortunate to have it all at a younger age, more power to him AND his family!! ~juli~

Well said Juli, well said.

I'm 35 (just turned on Saturday), married 10 years this year and have an 8 year old son. Tammy is not the "car geek" that I am but that doesn't preclude me from having a hobby that, on occasion, she enjoys as well and supports in general. I do consider myself lucky to have harvested a relationship that is very 'peer oriented'. There is no 'allowing' between us. Our son on the other hand... :D :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL KCO!!! Glad that you have a great relationship, it means the world. Mike and myself have very similar interests, passions...CARS being one of the most important to both of us, as well as our grown kids, respectively. ENJOY~~~juli

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Wife is not a car person but she pushed me to grab my dream. Married 22 years, half my life. The first trip out with the Viper, we got home after a trip to southern CA she helped me wash the car and the last thing she said before she went to sleep. Did you put the car cover on... Just because someone is not car person doesn't mean they can't be supportive. I am very lucky in that respect. Oh, we have two girls, 19 and 14.
So you can have it all.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you, Ratical!!! You are correct, there are people who are not as car-nuts as we are, but yes, are totally supportive...sounds like you got a real keeper there!! Yes, you can have it all~~~juli

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Juli -

More power to you and all the respected ladies posting in this thread. Obviously you are very different than the average wife now-a-days. But lets get real, these days the woman is the Boss, just admit it and most men just do not have the cajones to stand up for themselves. It is really a sad state of affairs in interpersonal relations not to mention our obesity problem we now have. Check out the sitcoms these days, one example is that James Belushi-Courtney Cox show.... everytime; the husand (Belushi) is made out to be the wussy, always trying to do stuff behind her back and she (Cox) is clearly the Boss. This was not happening 30 years ago. My own Mother is flabergasted at women`s attitudes these days not to mention the way women dress. They act like they just don`t care anymore or they don`t need a man..... Let me stress American women. Women in other countries, the attitudes and customs appear better than that of women in the United States and I know because I travel a lot - I 'speak' from experience. ;)

Sorry for the rant and hijack.

Back to topic: What do you do for a living? I like Chuck`s answer, Never married, no kids. :D

Last edited:

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here...33 yrs old & been married for 4 yrs & have a 4 yr old. Wife is pretty awesome about my car hobby...even told me to go buy a lamborghini, instead :omg:
Maybe when she's done with school & can help me pay some bills ;)
I've always wanted a lime green diablo 6.0 or a murcielago. This is of course, after she gets her M3. Now I see why she's so supportive of my car fetish. I can already hear her saying, "but honey...why can't I have a fast car, too?" Sure you can...just as long as it's not faster than mine :D

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But lets get real, these days the woman is the Boss, just admit it and most men just do not have the cajones to stand up for themselves. Check out the sitcoms these days, one example is that James Belushi-Courtney Cox show.... everytime; the husand (Belushi) is made out to be the wussy, always trying to do stuff behind her back and she (Cox) is clearly the Boss. This was not happening 30 years ago. My own Mother is flabergasted at women`s attitudes these days not to mention the way women dress. They act like they just don`t care anymore or they don`t need a man..... Let me stress American women. Women in other countries, the attitudes and customs appear better than that of women in the United States and I know because I travel a lot - I 'speak' from experience. ;)

Sorry for the rant and hijack.

I hear ya man...I keep my club right by the front door. If she doesn't have dinner on the table when I get home, the beatings begin. :rolleyes:

I guess what I'm trying to say is....WHAT?!?!!? Perhaps less TV is in order for you. :smirk:

Happy 4th of July.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am flabbergasted here!!! I get praise from some guys on the site, then in the same praise, they still don't seem to 'get' the fact that I, and I ONLY speak for myself, NO other women....and Mike TOTALLY enjoy each others' company, we never have that "honey, do this, do that'' stuff at all....if something needs to be done, whoever is around just does it.
I mow the lawns, take out the trash, etc.etc.etc....I don't pretend to know everything, but I know some things...and what it boils down to is R-E-S-P-E-C-T between the relationship.
Period. I'm sorry some of you are unhappy, that's what it sounds like...we here are VERY happy, and feel blessed with our relationship...we've found each other, we LIKE AND LOVE each other, we respect each others' weaknesses and strengths. Enough sap!~! ENJOY EACH OTHER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!! ~juli~

V

Venomiss

I am flabbergasted here!!! I get praise from some guys on the site, then in the same praise, they still don't seem to 'get' the fact that I, and I ONLY speak for myself, NO other women....and Mike TOTALLY enjoy each others' company, we never have that "honey, do this, do that'' stuff at all....if something needs to be done, whoever is around just does it.
I mow the lawns, take out the trash, etc.etc.etc....I don't pretend to know everything, but I know some things...and what it boils down to is R-E-S-P-E-C-T between the relationship.
Period. I'm sorry some of you are unhappy, that's what it sounds like...we here are VERY happy, and feel blessed with our relationship...we've found each other, we LIKE AND LOVE each other, we respect each others' weaknesses and strengths. Enough sap!~! ENJOY EACH OTHER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!! ~juli~
Wow! Go away for a few days and this thread is still here! I would agree with you Juli-respect is a good thing. After helping the KC Club get bigger to what it is today there are all kinds of owners and as time passes there will be younger owners/owners with kids/(and anything in the armour hotdog song).....Many owners have wives who like the club and we make it friendly for them to attend events. We have a Ladies Night in February every year-ladies come to the meeting and eat for free. Having a good group of vipers means having all owners involved and making them feel welcome.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a polaroid camera in our Viper trunk for just such occasions so we can give people a picture of themselves sitting in our Viper.:)

Mary

WOW!!! This is one of the coolest thing I read on this forum in quite a while. :cool:

Way to go Mary, share the joy and excitement of Viper ownership. :2tu:
You are a precious tribute to the "Viper Nation" and most gracious ambassador!!!:rock:
Viper Phil :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! This is one of the coolest thing I read on this forum in quite a while. :cool:
Way to go Mary, share the joy and excitement of Viper ownership. :2tu:
You are a precious tribute to the "Viper Nation" and most gracious ambassador!!!:rock:
Viper Phil :)

I second that motion!!! :D :headbang: Mary, you DO ROCK!!! Nice to see other women on the forum that are knowledgeable and contribute as much as you do....THANX from a fellow Viper-ette!! :2tu: ~juli~

V

Venomiss

Phil & Juli...my fingers are blushing:) and thanks for the kind comments.

1badasssrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have to tell alittle story about Ms. Mary just not to long ago, such as maybe a month ago. Some of you may not know how much HP her car puts down. Lets just say 1000 plus and leave it at that. I'm sitting at a stop light and she is behind me and the light turns green and I hear this ROAR and I didn't have time to look in my rearview mirrior as she was already passing me. She Rocks!! That much HP and kept it straight and smiled all the way!!!! I'm also very lucky to have a wife that loves the car as much as I do. We have an 04' Supercharged and the new Diamondback in our garage now. We are on our 5 Viper and love them. My wife is a very good aggressive driver and when we go out I love to ride as much as drive. She handles the supercharged car as well as I do. It is so much fun when you are sitting at a stop light or going down the road and somebody pulls up and my wife just kicks their A _ _ ! I know I enjoy the car so much more because my wife has as much passion as I do. I wouldn't want it any other way!! We have a young child, we have the same issues as everyone else, we just live and live for today! I am so blessed to have my wife and fellow members like Mary and many others that have become our closest friends. LIVE FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!

V

Venomiss

:slomo: :slomo: :slomo:

Me? Go fast??? Don't tell Chris...;)
That's Dan's Department........:lmao:
along with great videos.
It is a gift to have a good network of Viper friends. You and Dawn are one of the best!
May you hold down the fort while we go invade Canada in a few weeks.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been asked this question a few times. There are three people who know the answer, myself, my wife and the seller. I usualy just skirt the question, smile and politely explain that I find talking about money ******, (which typicaly makes them a bit shy on the next question) or ask them if they are interested in buying it (no one's answered yes yet).
I was brought up knowing that talking about money, politics and religion are the easiest ways to create ill will.
I allways welcome interest, esp. from the younger crowd, it's one of the more enjoyable aspects of ownership.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd say, been there, done that!! :rolleyes: Married, had the kids----both of us now enjoying each other's company AND the Viper!!! :2tu: Nothing wrong with having been married, having had the kids...but glad that's all behind us now!!! :drive: ~juli & mike~
LOL, Right ON!!! Same here. 3 kids and a business. That's what happens when you have too work hard and get older!!! Wish I could have had a Viper in my 20's, ahh 30's , ahhh they didn't make'em. LOL. Ray & Lynda:headbang: :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Right ON!!! Same here. 3 kids and a business. That's what happens when you have too work hard and get older!!! Wish I could have had a Viper in my 20's, ahh 30's , ahhh they didn't make'em. LOL. Ray & Lynda:headbang: :2tu:

You guys rock!!!! :headbang: Yep, the working hard part...that's still evident today...gotta to have the 'toy'!!! Nope, had no Viper either in our 20's or 30's....busy with families, kids, life in general~~NOW it's "LET'S GOOOOOO"!!!!! FUN TIME!~!~! Enjoy, Ray & Lynda!:cool:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mary--you WELL deserve them...you are a pleasure to read your posts, and for me personally, it's nice to see other women posting---keep revving up that Viper, it's THE ultimate experience, ey????!! :2tu:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dood!

Funny Story:

My previous girlfriend happened one day to get on a rant about my Viper and happened to say: A man who wants a family doesn't want a Viper (implying that if I wanted to someday have children with her, that the Viper would have to be gone). I held back laughing in her face because I knew it was as rude as she was and completely out of place and casually mentioned that for many boys and some girls, that some of their best memories of time spent with their Dad will be working on and maintaining a car. I further explained that conversations about life and growing up likely will happen when working on the car, it breaks down boundaries between parent and child and that I believed it was a necessity, rather than a whim going forward in my future (with children or not). She was not impressed and still was obviously intimidated that I might have possibly ordered the Pu55y magnet option (which I hadn't since I was the 3rd owner) and generally just showed disdain for my logical and insightful comments. We broke up that night and although she tried to backtrack some weeks later, it was too late, the controlling and manipulating side had been exposed and thankfully well before any I do's were said!

My soon-to-be-fiancee has the same wonderful attitude of the ladies who have posted on this thread and that's one of the 1000's of reasons she'll be around for a LONG time to come. Sadly there are more and more ladies like my ex out there today, obviously their Dad wasn't around enough to establish a solid relationship and teach them to be secure in themselves and let the guys continue to chase them, rather than them dominate a man they feel they can control.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron: Sorry you had that experience with the ex, BUT if you hadn't, you would NOT be proposing to this wonderful woman in your life now, everything for a reason, I believe.
You are SOOOOO right, that when working on cars, it breaks down communication barriers, and it's easier to just 'talk' and let out things at that point. And, by the way, I had a horrific father, who luckily is now out of my life (MY choice)...and learned everything about cars on my own, with auto mechanics in school, driver's ed....and experience. So, please, you DADS out there, SHOW YOUR daughters as well as your sons everything to do with cars, they will thank you someday...
Aaron--you just have the BEST, most positive attitude of all the guys I've read on this site...a true pleasure to read your posts! Your girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiancee is ONE lucky woman for sure; just as Mike & I both feel lucky here too. Here's to you! ~Juli

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Juli,

Thank-you for the compliments, the neighborhood I grew up within tended to have more "fathers" like yours, or worse (boyfriends who abused the kids) and I saw how messed up those peers lives becamse. It created chaos in every aspect of those children's lives and a lot of them were lost to fast lifestyles that end badly. Thankfully, I have a great Dad and although I've never had children I know that parental influences are so important from seeing those lives change in front of me.

I'm sure a lot of Viper owners both male and female already know what we're talking about and its validation of how great a job they are doing as parents....just imagine how successful their children will be when they see the balance their parents showed them daily.

Regards,
Aaron

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen, Aaron!! I consider myself VERY lucky, as 2 of my other 4 siblings had a rough life due to our father....I was NOT going to go down that path...and neither were my children, who are all grown up now and living 3 hours from me. I'm very proud of how they've turned out, Mike's son as well...Mike is and was great with his son, and I'm the one who taught my son to drive defensively, change his tires, oil, etc. Sounds like you've got your head together, Aaron, and glad you have a good relationship with your Dad!
Again, thanx for your positive attitudes in life--you will go a long way.
~juli~

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You are most welcome Mary!

After reading a bit more about your passion for Vipers and your obviously well honed skills at the wheel, I can only wish that my wife would warm up a little bit more to it. She refuses to ever drive it (I have been kidding her about getting her her own Viper). However she really enjoys going for a ride in the passenger seat.

Vypr Phil :)

V

Venomiss

You are most welcome Mary!

After reading a bit more about your passion for Vipers and your obviously well honed skills at the wheel, I can only wish that my wife would warm up a little bit more to it. She refuses to ever drive it (I have been kidding her about getting her her own Viper). However she really enjoys going for a ride in the passenger seat.

Whatever makes her happy!
Maybe you can get your wife to that Hearst Castle cruise I was reading about. It sounds like a good event. We were just there in March and it was wonderful.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever makes her happy!
Maybe you can get your wife to that Hearst Castle cruise I was reading about. It sounds like a good event. We were just there in March and it was wonderful.

Sounds great!

Actually we own a property about 20 minutes away from Hearst Castle, and it is always a nice drive up there.

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper really are not daily drivers. Therefore when you buy a Viper you might as well tack that cost on the cost of your daily driver and that is what gives the impression of being wealthy. A Corvette over the years as become more of a daily driver type car for southern folk who don't see snow. Up north Vette's are held more like Vipers as a can't drive it year round.
Vipers will eventually start to sore in price as time goes on. Collector cars depreciate the most ten years after they are released. Then they start to go up.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get asked the question quite abit mainly because I am one of only 4 Viper owners in a town of 65k. The other 3 Viper owners witch i'm friends with are an Attorney,Doctor and a a Hotel chain owner, then there is me...lol. There has been alot of good comments on this thread keep them coming!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over heard my neighbors this morning doing there normal walking, and what astounded me was the fact that they were asking themselves " what does he do for a living?" as they were looking at the rt/10.I hate nosey neighbors time to move.:mad: I say you only live once and enjoy the short time you have on this earth!!!:2tu:

My answer is " I am an auditor for the IRS, now what was your name again?" :headbang:

Last edited: