What Heads to go with on a Roe 10lb 1999

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is not for me ..As you all know my car is now built

Mate has a 1999 GTS with a 10lb Roe with W/M and full SS exhaust with Bellanger
headers.. He is now thinking about heads.. And would like to know the best for his aplication..

I sujested Greeg Good but he is thinking Stryker......

Many thanks

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The strykers are great pieces of workmanship
but they are very expensive

the thing I like about Greg is he matches the head mods to your setup and goals for power
he can also port match the blower manifold to the heads, like he did on yours

OP
OP
V

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Thought the Stryker heads may be a little over the top for his needs... Great heads but would he really gain from them over other heads at this level??....

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certain Greg can produce a head that's optimal for your bud's setup...you should give him a call. Hey...isn't the wizard there with you? I swore Chuck shipped his CNC machine with him...the answer may literally be in your backyard. :D

atlanticvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my car thanks for your advice. What kind of hp gains should I be looking at for the Greg good heads and the stryker heads ? Rough prices for both and does anybody have this set up ? Contact details/ website for gregg good would also be appreciated. Have found stryker website but nothing so far for gregg good.

Thanks

Last edited:

atlanticvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Neil, Actually had Greg Good email through this forum last night . We are hopefully sorting something out.Next up fuel pump upgrade--- any one with greg good heads and a single Walbro 255 or is a dual walbro set up recommended. Once ie get 700hp + that is me stopping--famous last words !

Mods so far

Roe supercharger
water ****
B&B headers
side exit and rear exit exhaust (electronic valve that switches behind the collector off the headers out the side or through race silencers 3 inch ( no cats) out the rear) Sounds awsome when straight out the side or quieter out the rear.
AEM engine management
booster pump
70mm throttle bodies
cone filters
Big brake upgrade
Race wing

Last edited:

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouuld be careful putting heads on a Roe 10# car...your benefits are not worth the cost. The blower is to small for the engine, now you are going to try to put more air thru someting less effiecent that cant handle it, you may end up losing boost...search the alley seems that you need to really need to know where you are going with head work on a Roe car.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go with whatever greg tells you, trust him !!!

i have GG heads on my car but its a paxton and built motor. they flow well though

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As everyone said, Greg will set you up. Just let him do his thing.

He did 1TONY1's car and there is/was no faster Roe car.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As you have heard many times Greg Good. You can try his cam set up as well. Stryker will not get you any more and maybe even less with a Roe set up. If you were going TT that would be different.

atlanticvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K I have gone greg good heads which he is currently doing for me. I have also gone with his cam set up. Greg is the man and very easy to deal with. Thanks for all your advise.

What fuel set up should i go with 10lbs pulley roe and greg good heads and cam ? Walbro ? If so which one and how many ? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte