What is this yellow stuff?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each spring when I wash the car for the first time (not Viper) I have a lot of yellow dots on the paint. It looks like it was splashed onto the car from the wheels. Bug and tar remover doesn't do a thing to it. Tried clay bar and it won't work. The only way to get it off is to use polishing compound and each time I'm rubbing so hard I'm taking off the clear coat.

I'm wondering if it's some type of tree sap but I would think the bug and tar remover should take care of it. Does anyone have any idea what it is and how to get rid of it? :mad:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Road paint (pavement markings)? The more durable stuff is hot thermoplastic paint. It's hard to get off. If it was just put down and you run through it, it will stick good.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were going to say it was on the viper...I already knew the answer to that! Your passengers ******* themselves! haha

I know when you took me for a ride...I peed a little:rolaugh:

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about the road paint but it looks a little pale. So do you have any ideas on how to get rid of it without taking off the car paint?

OP
OP
GTSnake

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you were going to say it was on the viper...I already knew the answer to that! Your passengers ******* themselves! haha

I know when you took me for a ride...I peed a little:rolaugh:

Well as long as it didn't soak through to my seats... :lmao:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each spring when I wash the car for the first time (not Viper) I have a lot of yellow dots on the paint. It looks like it was splashed onto the car from the wheels. Bug and tar remover doesn't do a thing to it. Tried clay bar and it won't work. The only way to get it off is to use polishing compound and each time I'm rubbing so hard I'm taking off the clear coat.

I'm wondering if it's some type of tree sap but I would think the bug and tar remover should take care of it. Does anyone have any idea what it is and how to get rid of it? :mad:

Try some odorless mineral spirits.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar dilemma,but ours were white. I could not understand from where they came from! I even found them inside the doors on the rubber seals! After endless hours of looking for the source, it turned out to be a tree, which had some kind of disease. We parked the cars under that tree everyday but we were able to get it out using our Oxidation Block.

you mention that is each spring so that eliminates the paint theory I will think, why don't you try in a small area a 50/50 mix of water with isopropyl alcohol( the same kind you buy on the drug store) chances are you have some in your medicine cabinet, try that and let us know :)If you have photos even better.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about the road paint but it looks a little pale. So do you have any ideas on how to get rid of it without taking off the car paint?

My Wife had it all over the side of her escalade, in the spring too. They can apply the thermoplastic paint in the winter, it is heated and applied (hense the plastic content).

It took some major elbow grease to get it off. I used rubbing compound for most of it. However, the thicker specs I could actually pick off with my finger nail but it took a few tries.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4