What make is the viper?

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the local autoparts store for some replacement fog light bulbs.

I tell the clerk I need a bulb for a 2004 viper.

He looks at me and says... What make is the viper?

Really? This guy has been working at carquest for 10 years...And he doesn't know who makes the viper?

I was good and just told him... But I wanted to add... And chevy makes the corvette. Ford makes the mustang, dodge makes the charger, in case it comes up...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After that u should of asked him for a thermstat for a 65 volkswagon bug.lol

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I try to ignore that it is made by Dodge. I don't get how they go from a Neon to a Viper. I made the mistake of joining an SRT forum thinking it was an... SRT forum? Nope, it was all Neons, and they hated on anything that wasn't a Neon. Don't understand why they even have sections for other SRT vehicles when they cry about how fast their Neon is in comparison as soon as someone tries to join in on a conversation. Just don't tell them that their cars are Neons. Apparently someone told them they aren't - and they believe it. // end rant

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said, "unfortunately.... a Dodge."

Yea, unfortunately Dodge doesn't get much respect around here either. You'd be surprised how many people that doesn't know Dodge made the Viper! I've actually had a couple of people that asked me who makes the Viper & when I told them, its like oh, kind of like that completely changes the way they look at the Viper now. JMO

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Way back in the day," I spent a summer as a gasoline station attendant. I would always ask the Vette drivers, "Which car is yours?" They would aways answer, "The Corvette." My next question would follow, "Is that the black car?" I enjoyed the confused look I received. You have just been burned!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All too common, I worked at autozone for a little while, if I told you the questions I was asked by "co workers" you would want to slit your throat AND never go back to autozone ever

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why Dodge gets such a bad wrap... I own a Charger and Magnum... and Love them both. MOPAR has its fans just like any other make... I hate to say it but Damler (and Ralph) did a good job with them.

And going from neon to viper... Why not? Chevy goes from Volt to Corvette. I respect the viper more just because they are more exotic... none of that... is it a base vette or Z06 discussion.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why Dodge gets such a bad wrap... I own a Charger and Magnum... and Love them both. MOPAR has its fans just like any other make... I hate to say it but Damler (and Ralph) did a good job with them.

And going from neon to viper... Why not? Chevy goes from Volt to Corvette. I respect the viper more just because they are more exotic... none of that... is it a base vette or Z06 discussion.

Hey, even Porsche & Mercedes made a model for the lower income to afford (theres alot more of them than higher income) Every brand has a so-called Red Headed Stepchild! JMO

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Agreed, I have a Charger, Challenger, and wife had a Jeep, all SRT-8s, all the SRT-4s I know are pretty cool (but they do appeal to a younger crowd). I don't see any Dodge hate around here at all -- to the contrary, most people look at SRT as a higher-end badge than Ford's SVO brand (and definitely Chevy's SS brand). Don't paint the brand with the brush of an online forum or two.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, I have a Charger, Challenger, and wife had a Jeep, all SRT-8s, all the SRT-4s I know are pretty cool (but they do appeal to a younger crowd). I don't see any Dodge hate around here at all -- to the contrary, most people look at SRT as a higher-end badge than Ford's SVO brand (and definitely Chevy's SS brand). Don't paint the brand with the brush of an online forum or two.

Shine, I know you wasn't talking to me, but I wasn't talking about anybody Hating on Dodge, I said Respect! BIG Difference!

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had a similar experience at O'Reilly's recently. I went in to buy a couple of sets of plugs for my '04 and '06 as they were on sale and had a rebate. The counter guy knew who made the Viper but thats about it. I use the stock champions, and a minute or so later he sets two boxes of plugs on the counter and asks if I needed anything else. I said sure, how about the rest of my plugs. He points to the boxes and says there are two sets there. I said the viper is a V-10 not a V-8. He says it must be a V-8 otherwise Champion would have put 10 plugs in a box.

Well this went on for a couple of more minutes until the manager came over and asked how things were going. I explained the situation and he told the clerk to go get another box. The clerk returned and the manager pushed the 3 boxes over to me. I said I dont need that many. He looks at me funny and says yes you do. 3 boxes of 8 equals 24. You have 2 cars with 12 plugs each that means you need 24.

I couldnt take it any more so I just bought the 3 boxes and saved my sanity.

Like my grandad used to say; Some people's kids....

Steve A.