What mods are needed for a Gen 2 to run with a Gen 3

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you make your pic big like that????/

beautiful GTS BTW..Love the yeloow and thats what i was gonna get if I got a GTS over SRT10 years ago..black stripes are awesome but their is somthing special with an all yellow gts

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
trying for big pics

C:\Documents and Settings\dAd\My Documents\My Pictures\Picture021.jpg

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you make your pic big like that????

It looks like you may be using the Attachments button...I always use the Insert Image button, but you need to have the image on the internet somewhere (photobucket, VCA album, etc), not on your hard drive and then use the URL to the picture.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now im gonna awnswer the op's question in full detail.....So while I would give the SRT10 a 2 mph advantage over a GTS/RT10....Two mph shouldnt be enough to make a clear cut decision...The better driver will win between these cars at the strip

fine detail there twister :2tu:

:drive:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like you may be using the Attachments button...I always use the Insert Image button, but you need to have the image on the internet somewhere (photobucket, VCA album, etc), not on your hard drive and then use the URL to the picture.

Love your yellow rt10 too...RT10's sometimes dont get the respect the deserve in my opinion..A rt10 with the top off is very exotic looking....

I hope to one day have another one

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the air between a '99 ACR & '06 coupe (first edition), the '06 was going to be about $1k more every six months for insurance. I went with the ACR.

Nick

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow very nice!!!!

Picture075.jpg

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie......I just dont get how you could do that with one of my pics and I cant......Thank you very much

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could only have one Viper, it would be a Gen II hands down. IMO, you just can't beat the styling and awesome crudeness of a Gen I/II. If I wanted Gen III/IV power or similar handling, I would just mod it and get it as close as I could.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me that green coupe you have is my dream viper....The GTS is beautiful..But when right beside a srt10 it looks a lil long in the tooth..Not from a desighn stand point...But from a build/technology stand point...

Lets say your competition car is a C6Z06..

Well a GTS looks awesome and much nicer than the c6z06 but the 450 HP is just a limp wristed next to the 505 HP of the vette...The 1996 handling capabilities of the GTS will as well..Fail in comparison to the 2006 73K vette...

A SRT10 vert with it's 510 HP has 5 ponies on the C6Z06..It looks a lil nicer ( not leaps and bounds nicer like the GTS)but If the Z06 is a 6 and the GTS is a 10 then lets say visualy the srt10 vert is a 8....Then as far as handling they exchange some good battles but overall the c6Z06 pulls lap times faster by a few tenths on average..

A 2008 SRT10 coupe at 600 HP has the 505 HP vette whooped...On a scale of 1-10 the vette is a 6 and the coupe is a 9..The 08 coupe handles much better than the vette..Dusting it by several seconds...

Just trying to paint a picture here..You can replace the C6Z06 with a F430 or audi R8 or what ever you wish...But the bottom line is that while I agree that the GTS is a beautiful ride....1996 cant compare with 2003

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another picture for ya. :eater:

Modded Gen II GTS making 660 rwhp/710 rwtrq, lowered with big brakes and rotors. Now you are killing the Corvettes on the track AND looking the best while doing it. :drive:

:2tu:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Especially if you want to get mistaken for a corvette.
If you want distinctive styling then Gen 1 or 2 all the way! :headbang:
Very well said and I miss my Gen 2 GTS. The Gen 4 I now have does look a lot like a Vette from a distance but I do like the better interior quality and seats over my old Gen 2. The Gen 2 was easier to drive too. Gen 4 is almost claustrophobic when driving it but very quick.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1996 cant compare with 2003

:nono:

You're right, the 1996 just looks so much better and can easily be modded until the cows come home! Who drives a stock Viper???

I'll take a modded 1996 anyday!!! :devteeth:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Leslie......I just dont get how you could do that with one of my pics and I cant......Thank you very much

hey no problem:D

I just clicked on your little pic twice, right clicked and saved it on my computer then downloaded it into the gallery here.

Then below the picture there's a choice of different sizes to post.

CarGo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is sidetracking into a what looks better thread, did you ever notice how a particular car model/variant looks better after you buy one?

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find I want everything else OTHER than what I have, take my wife for instance... :D

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BONE STOCK Gen 2 record is 11.5 so to answer your question no mods at all as i believe no one ever has run a faster time in a stock gen 3 .When your talking stock tires SO MUCH comes down to driver ability =A great driver in a Gen 2 can beat an average driver in a GEN 4 (giving up 150 hp )

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The BONE STOCK Gen 2 record is 11.5 so to answer your question no mods at all as i believe no one ever has run a faster time in a stock gen 3 .When your talking stock tires SO MUCH comes down to driver ability =A great driver in a Gen 2 can beat an average driver in a GEN 4 (giving up 150 hp )

No it's not. Unless you can provide proof, It was a 2000 RT/10 and did a 11.77.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it's not. Unless you can provide proof, It was a 2000 RT/10 and did a 11.77.
The driver of the car running 11.77 was Evan Smith (i know because i was at the test .)Jamie Furman has run faster (i can prove it =its on DRAG TIMES )IN HIS stock gen 2 11.5 IS THE RECORD.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares about et??????/seriously..if so and so can pull a 1.6 60 foot on stock tires does that mean you can????Trapp speed mph tells the real story.....GTS/RT10 hit 119-120 mph.....That 11.5 your talking about..I believe was actually an 11.6 and done by Jamie furman in his GTS (ACR)...The ACR's trapp 120-121 mph

Had a 11.5 in the srt10 and lots of 11.6's and 7's..But again....Thats how well your track is prepped and how good of a drivcer you are...Trapp speed..Trapp speed trap speed....121-122

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's another picture for ya. :eater:

Modded Gen II GTS making 660 rwhp/710 rwtrq, lowered with big brakes and rotors. Now you are killing the Corvettes on the track AND looking the best while doing it. :drive:

:2tu:

mona lisa quality....you are right...a supercharged gts is pretty much the cream of the crop...Just needs better brakes..Easily upgradeable...Handling?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is sidetracking into a what looks better thread, did you ever notice how a particular car model/variant looks better after you buy one?

This is soooooo true..When I wrecked my 99 rt10 I said HMMM..GTS or SRT10..

I looked at so many pics from so many angles...

Believe it or not the deciding factor for me was the side view mirrors...On my RT10 they looked kinda bulky and not so exotic..I knew the GTS had the same ones...The pics of the SRT10's had very exotic looking side view mirrors...

So I got the SRT10...Few months later the GTS's started looking AMAZING and the SRT10 started looking boreing...

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who cares about et??????/seriously..if so and so can pull a 1.6 60 foot on stock tires does that mean you can????Trapp speed mph tells the real story.....GTS/RT10 hit 119-120 mph.....That 11.5 your talking about..I believe was actually an 11.6 and done by Jamie furman in his GTS (ACR)...The ACR's trapp 120-121 mph

Had a 11.5 in the srt10 and lots of 11.6's and 7's..But again....Thats how well your track is prepped and how good of a drivcer you are...Trapp speed..Trapp speed trap speed....121-122
Twister you ran an 11.5 in a BONE STOCK GEN 3 .I thought the car had mods .Either way the GEN 2 and Gen 3 are SO CLOSE it all comes down to driver .Hell Smith of Furman in a stock GEN 2(GIVING UP 150 HP ) can BEAT MOST guys running Gen 4s The most important mod is the driver.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pS TRAP SPEED TELLS THE STORY OF HOW MUCH POWER A CAR IS MAKING which means absolutely nothing IF you can not hook it up to achieve ET to win the race.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Twister you ran an 11.5 in a BONE STOCK GEN 3 .I thought the car had mods .Either way the GEN 2 and Gen 3 are SO CLOSE it all comes down to driver .Hell Smith of Furman in a stock GEN 2(GIVING UP 150 HP ) can BEAT MOST guys running Gen 4s The most important mod is the driver.

Yup, X2......