What Viper race car had these Brakes?

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw these for sale on another site, and to keep peace I won't mention where. I have no interest in these either as a seller or a buyer but I have a burning desire to know what type of race car runs these.

According to the description, they are 6 piston calipers with a 15" solid carbon rotor. Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Viper zBrembo brakes 2.jpg
    Viper zBrembo brakes 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 96
  • VIPER BREMBO BRAKE.jpg
    VIPER BREMBO BRAKE.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 93

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is some significant stopping power. How much are they asking for them and do they have the rears for sale also?

Happy New Year!!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow those are super thick, I wonder how heavy they are, even with the rotor being carbon that caliper must weigh a bunch

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look super heavy. I really don't think i would want them on my car.

Reaction score
Not ever going to be a cost effective solution for a street/track car, new would be over $15K front only and would need some heat to work well. The calipers are large but are monoblocks and are light. The rotors weigh about 1/2 what a iron 2 pc. would.

I saw these also in the same place and for that price they would be a cool addition just to have, but still not very practical even that cheap.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They had them at SEMA a few years ago, and I believe they were in the StopTech booth. I asked about them, and they said they are trying to get them into production. That was a while back, so they may have decided against them since.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
proper brake bias...who needs it with those, after the first run your fronts will lock up and give you some nice tire flat spot to slow you down :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper