What's your estimated annual mileage?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious what most of your annual mileage is? It seems the SRT cars get driven more than the Gen I and II cars...I'll leave it at that:D

I'm between 7-8k miles a year, with 9 months of driving per year. I'm into my third year of Viper ownership, so we'll see if I can keep it up.

If the sun is out, so is the car:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st year = 6k, with 12 mo. of driving I'd like to think that'll be about the annual average going forward. :drive:A trip across 'town' and back can be a couple hundred miles here in Houston. :omg:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get on just about 3K a year but thats a little harder now with two little ones running around. Doesn't sound like a lot but the weather is not always the best in NE Ohio. It's usually May before the cars get out and I put them away at the end of September or beginning of October. For the record...Drive my GEN II More then my GEN IV. Just over 17k on the GEN II. :D

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just curious what most of your annual mileage is? It seems the SRT cars get driven more than the Gen I and II cars...I'll leave it at that:D

I'm between 7-8k miles a year, with 9 months of driving per year. I'm into my third year of Viper ownership, so we'll see if I can keep it up.

If the sun is out, so is the car:2tu:

I don't know about that, I have had my Gen 2 for 52 months and have added 47K miles. That's around 11K miles per year. That's probably a bit above the average for any Gen Viper owner.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do about 8k/yr... All in fun but with the occasional trip to work. I do around 3-4k in roadtrips/vacations every year in my old '94; the rest is in Sunday drives and good times.

Cheers

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to average 10-11K per year for the first 5 years, but the last 3 i have been around 2500. just havent had the time and the new job takes more of my time.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mileage is dictated by my insurance, and the fact my car is a Gen II. I suspect it is easier to get normal coverage on a late model Viper that will come close to making it whole again should it be involved in a loss that totals the vehicle. In my case, due to my car being much older (2002) my normal insurance would not come close to covering it for what I actually paid for the car. I therefore had to opt for one of the special insurance companies that will cover the car for "Stated Value", but places restrictions on the use of the car. I must have a second car for normal and work use. I must have a lockable garage for the Viper. I must only use it for pleasure driving (which translates in the fine print to weekends and holidays) and/or for Car Club events.

And, after all the above, I can only put 5000 miles annually on the car.

In Texas, putting 5000 miles annually on the car is the easy part. Keeping the mileage down to 5000 is the hard part. Just about anywhere is a 100 mile round trip.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
44,415 so far on my GTS Blue 2008.....put 1,500 on my black 2008 before recently selling it in prep for a Gen V. And that is with no winter driving.

Bill

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I average 12k a year - ~6 months of driving weather. Year before last I only put 8k miles, but I made it up with 15k last year :)

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year (first year I owned it) about 2500. By the way, my "year" is May1 - April 30, when my PA state inspection is due. So far this year, I'm on track for about 3500-4000. I need to keep it under 5000 to stay emissions exempt here in PA. I do take her out in the winter months, as long as the roads are clear and dry.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2500 Miles last year, and on track (no pun intended) for about 3500-4000 this year. My "year" is May1-April 30, when my PA state inspection comes due. By the way, I have to keep her under 5000 to stay emission exempt here. I do take her out in the winter months for a quickie, as long as the roads are clear and dry.

On edit: I HATE this new software. I didn't think my post took, so I made another one.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Gen 2 at the end of January and have 7,000 miles on it so far, so approximately 14,000 miles per year is what I am shooting at, and I only have a 7 mile commute round trip.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put about 12K per year on my Gen 1 when I drove it every day for my dd....I didn't daily drive it for a few years and recently sold it with 56K miles on the odo........ the Gen 3, on track for 12K miles annually as a dd as well.......

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do about 4k a month in my 03, drive it everywhere rain of shine!

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past weekend I put 500 miles. Next weekend I'll drive to OH and back to VA again. The weekend after that back to OH. 2000 miles in roughly 2 weeks. I am having the time of my life!

OP
OP
A

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This past weekend I put 500 miles. Next weekend I'll drive to OH and back to VA again. The weekend after that back to OH. 2000 miles in roughly 2 weeks. I am having the time of my life!

That's awesome...glad you're enjoying the car!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21