where are the acr's assembled?

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are they done at the factory or do they go somewhere before they get to the dealers

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think they are done at the factory and then the splitters and wings are done at prefix along with the drivers stripe

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was just wondering. i had a corvette fanboy telling me that its lap time on the ring didnt count, cause it wasnt a true production car like the ZR1 vette.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assembled at the factory wings at Prefix who also does the viper striping and any special addition badging.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
was just wondering. i had a corvette fanboy telling me that its lap time on the ring didnt count, cause it wasnt a true production car like the ZR1 vette.

LOL ! It is every bit a production car as the 99-02 ACR..... or the Neon ACRs for that matter.

Vipers are all assembled at CAAP except for striping and Aero Install. Those are done at Prefix as stated. Then, the ACR (and all striped and-or Aero-pkg Vipers) come back to CAAP for finish work and final inspection and shipping.

Right now, the CAAP ship-room is earily VACANT of all cars! I have never seen CAAP with ZERO Vipers in the ship room!

OP
OP
R

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
samething i wa trying to get across. then he had an entirly new set of excuses. it was....

rainer for the vette
the vette had street tires vs the race tires of the viper
the viper had a pro driver.
the viper wasnt street legal because of the front splitter.

blah blah blah

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
samething i wa trying to get across. then he had an entirly new set of excuses. it was....

rainer for the vette
the vette had street tires vs the race tires of the viper
the viper had a pro driver.
the viper wasnt street legal because of the front splitter.

blah blah blah

Oh, and don't forget the 5 laps the Viper only had time for....;)

Wonder how many laps the Vette got....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ask you Vette guy how many laps the ZR1 did, as well as how long the car was there. Supposedly, GM spent a million over there and almost a month, and the time was only verified by GM personnel.

The Viper only did a reconaissance lap, and three more and it was verified by Motor Trend and others , if I remember correctly.

Money spent ......................very minimal as VCA assisted and the time there was extremely short ( couple of days I believe).