Where did you buy your Viper?

franchise

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to buy a viper, but there are so few places, AND so many shady dealers...

been scoping ebay, cars, viper exchange, VCA classifieds, craigslist....

any ideas?

thanks,
Ron

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found mine online locally, less than a half hr from me one evening and bought it the next morning.
I had full intentions of buying out of state.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked mine up from a Chevy dealer's used car lot in Oklahoma - the only issue was not knowing who the previous owner was (I know his name, but don't know anything other than that), and if he had any issues with the car. I also don't know how it was used, but oh well. Everything mechanically was in good working order, and the price was right, so I drove it 13 hours home. So far, that drive home has been my fondest memory of Viper ownership...getting to know the car and its quirks was a lot of fun for me.

RolandDV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell you Marv is the best! I bought my 06 Crystal Slate vert from him. He took care off shipping to Europe. It was a pleasure to deal with him. The car was mint condition when it arrived here in Belgium. Not a single scratch. Thumbs up for dodgevipersforsale.com. I will definitly buy again from them.

regards from Belgium, Roland

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found mine on ebay. It was in Concord, NC. Contacted the seller and he took it down an hour later before he got any bids... Still had 4 or 5 days left on it so I know there were some people watching it that were like... ***?
Told him I'd pay the buy it now price he advertized. Arranged for a transport-truck to meet me there at his house at 5pm... I showed up at 1pm to inspect and give him the check.
Worked out great.
Good guy... we still talk.
Mike

Reaction score
Woodhouse is the largest SRT/Viper dealer in the country and we try hard to keep our friends coming back. :2tu::usa: Bill Pemberton is the best and I can help with anything you need also. Good luck on your quest. :headbang:

Oh yeah I bought mine there also.

v10viperbox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One in the classifieds here
One new from a dealer
One off eBay.

Every single one of them as described or better. Viper guys tend to take care of there cars better then most.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We purchased three Vipers and an SRT4 from Woodhouse Dodge over the past 13 years - all from Bill Pemberton. They were always very, very accommodating including some of the nicest delivery drivers we have ever met. Always check with them regardless of which model year you are looking for.

PS. While we have never bought from them personally, Ben and Bernie at Tomball are great guys and are very strong club supporters as well.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st one eBay/Autotrader
2nd eBay/craigslist
3rd Here on the VCA. Buying from the member here on the VCA was by far the best experience yet. Greay guy and great car.

-Tim

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought mine from dealer in Florida

Sold it in eBay - new owner could not be happier

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got my 09 GTS Blue w/white stripes vert from Autotrader. Had to drive 7 hours from LI to Rochester NY in Feb. to scope it out. Pulled the trigger and had it shipped down to me.
Best of luck in your search.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
8 new Vipers from Bill P @ Woodhouse, another new one from a dealer who I will not name and the first one that started this obsession, a 1996 GTS from a friend. Still wish I wouldn't have sold the 96 GTS!

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought mine from a local dealer in Raleigh. Big help was to take the VIN to the DMV office and get the title history. I found the original owner (it was a one-owner car) via LinkedIn and that was a gold mine of information. I also did a lot of homework on the Gen IIs (thanks M. Liang!) so I knew exactly what I was buying. The dealer didn't have a clue about the car, so I made sure I was happy wtih the car before negotiations began.

I've known guys that have bought sight unseen, but I can't operate like that. I have to see the car, drive it, check it out in person.

Keep an eye on the VCA classifieds too. I've had very good experiences doing business with several folks that have advertised stuff here. Happy hunting!

BTW, where are you located?

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bought first one on Ebay, 2nd on Autotrader.
Either option comes with the cavaet of buyer beware.
My first experience on Ebay, the seller was less than truthful, so lesson learned! (It had a plugged cat.....)
The second one being out of State/Country a local VCA member was very helpful in going to inspect the car for me, and gave it the OK, the seller was also honest in the description.
Buying from a dealer gives you some recourse should a problem crop up.
Overall buyer beware with any used car!
Good Luck

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From local dealer as a leftover in 2007............If I get a gen V, it'll probably be a similar purchase. -still a new car, with a little discount. In other words, I probably won't be getting a gen V any time soon...........

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. New from small town dealer.
2. Private party (collecter) 2,000+ miles away (after e-bay bid failed to make reserve).
3. Private party 2,000+ miles away through autotrader.
4. Used from dealer 900+ miles away (after e-bay buy now offer refused).

The last 3 I bought without an inspection by me. Still haven't been burnt but might be bucking the odds!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from Team Motorsports, Springfield, Mizz. They helped with the enclosed trailer & the car was just as advertised & had NO hidden suprises or scratches, not to mention a Good Deal! Had it 2 years last month & the Only issue I've had was last month the serpentine belt broke, I've put 4k miles on it so its now up to 12k!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First two from John Gastman at Roanoke, 3rd from eBay, 4th from Darren at Buhler Dodge in NJ, 5th from Bernie at Tomball. All good folks, even the eBay car which was actually from a high end used car dealer near Chicago. The last three were bought from the place that had the car I wanted.

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine from this site off a member!! drove 3.5hrs to check it ot and went back a few days later to pickup! great ride home.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from Bernie at BJ Motors. He always seem to have quality cars. Back when I bought mine he always had quality Gen II cars but I guess with them getting harder and harder to find his supply of the Gen II's seems to have dropped a little. If you do not mind paying top dollar he can get you a top quality car that you do not need to worry about if it is correct or anything.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was willing to buy from the few reputable sources around the country. Just on a whim stopped by my local Dodge dealer and they knew of a 2006 coupe (4048 miles) possibly for sale. It was purchased new from the dealership. Dealership contacted owner and arranged the sale.