Who has put a 15" wheel on a Gen III car before?

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have some ideas and have done a few things here to get this done. However, I figured I may pick someone's brain that has had success doing it before since we have to change some geometry on the rear suspension to make it happen. Any help is appreciated! thanks--Andy

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18s won't even clear without using the parking brake relocation blocks. My 18s are very close to rubbing the brake calipers. You'd have to swap to smaller brake calipers for sure, not sure anyone has done that.

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea fellas, I'm expecting a full custom job here. I realize not much from a GEN III car will likely be used.

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to ask... why? Vipers are already into the low 7's on larger wheels and DR's. do you plan on going faster?

kenphjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't tell me you are going to make it look like the kids that put those little wheels on the foreign cars?

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to ask... why? Vipers are already into the low 7's on larger wheels and DR's. do you plan on going faster?
There are ZERO Gen III vipers in the low 7's on any wheel, much less something on "larger wheels and DR's"...

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't tell me you are going to make it look like the kids that put those little wheels on the foreign cars?
No, I'm setting this car up to run 7's and be competitive at some big national race events.

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Geez with all but one of these replies I feel like I'm on an SRT4 forum... Anyone with experience I'd love to hear it;)

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are ZERO Gen III vipers in the low 7's on any wheel, much less something on "larger wheels and DR's"...

Gen III yeah, I think the fastest is mid 8's? Didn't Sal run DRs and 17" or 18" wheels? His video said DRs at least.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have done it a few times. You need to change to the Gen 2 spindles and brakes in the rear. You need to get a bump steer kit for the rear toe links to correct the angle. A custom brake line is needed to clear the wheel. We used 15 inch Bogarts with a big MT wrinkle wall slick. We used a automatic transmission, chromoly axles and a 3.33 gear to compensate for the tall tires.

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perfect Dan. Totally forgot about your car. I remember that red vert you guys had. Bart or I may give you a call in the next few days. Thanks!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez with all but one of these replies I feel like I'm on an SRT4 forum... Anyone with experience I'd love to hear it;)

Sometimes without more background info it may seem like someone is joking. I have to admit I was also thinking along these lines until I started getting to the lower section of the thread. LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it's a Gen 2 but the parts will work on a Gen 3
I have some part #'s if you want to go this route. Five lug etc

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• latest_01.jpg
    latest_01.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 54
  • race_car_024.jpg
    race_car_024.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 46

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys are a trip, ha. My apologies for not knowing Sal runs 15" wheels.

Geez with all this elitism in this thread I feel like I'm in an old world of Warcraft forum :)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are a trip, ha. My apologies for not knowing Sal runs 15" wheels.

Geez with all this elitism in this thread I feel like I'm in an old world of Warcraft forum :)

"all this elitism"....????

Because OUFAN2929 corrected your statement..?
Unless he changed his post, I don't see anything negative toward you....:dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang