Whos happy?

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love my 01 Yellow GTS, but would love to have a B/W SRTC or any new SRTC for that matter. Those new coupes are SWEET!!!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great thread. I have been contemplating this question myself however every time I drive my RT/10, I finish disappointed that the ride is over and I have to put it back in the garage. I have been lookiing at classic 60's and early 70's mopar muscle to add with the Viper but when the money is ready, I will probably get a low mile Viper of the next design style generation a few years from now after I expand the garage.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is my first exotic car...period. I also own a Bentley GT. The Bentley is boring as hell to drive and even though the Bentley GT gets way more attention, everyday I wonder why I bought the damn thing. I never have those thoughts in regards to my Viper. I cannot ever imagine selling my first Viper, ever. I might get the Gen 4, but I am keeping my 04 SRT, hell, its like my first child! I will mod it progressively, but not to the dark side. I will probably buy an 08 as well...which I will probably mod the snot out of when the parts become available. But I am 100% satisfied w/ my Viper...we will never be divorced!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is my first exotic car...period. I also own a Bentley GT. The Bentley is boring as hell to drive and even though the Bentley GT gets way more attention, everyday I wonder why I bought the damn thing. I never have those thoughts in regards to my Viper. I cannot ever imagine selling my first Viper, ever. I might get the Gen 4, but I am keeping my 04 SRT, hell, its like my first child! I will mod it progressively, but not to the dark side. I will probably buy an 08 as well...which I will probably mod the snot out of when the parts become available. But I am 100% satisfied w/ my Viper...we will never be divorced!

You are one of the very lucky ones in life that has it all---the beautiful wife, laughter, joy, passions, a BENTLEY GT AND your gorgeous '04 BLACK SRT!!! You are truly blessed, and it shows. ~juli~

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This doesn't directly answer your question, but I'd trade my current Viper any day of the week for a Ford GT (I'm just too cheap to go out and do it.) It's still American, in fact it is the ultimate American sports car, IMHO. It's a true exotic but not uppity like a Lambo or Ferrari with much better bang for the buck to boot.

DrDJ

For the Ford Gt lovers check this out.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=237628&fr=

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has taken me a while, but I finally own what I believe is the ultimate Viper (although others certainly wouldn't agree.)

I may put some custom paint on it some day, or maybe quiet the exhaust a bit, but for now it's perfect.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has taken me a while, but I finally own what I believe is the ultimate Viper (although others certainly wouldn't agree.)
I may put some custom paint on it some day, or maybe quiet the exhaust a bit, but for now it's perfect.

And, that's all that matters!!!! :2tu: ~juli~

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I broke my Viper yesterday and I feel like a drug addict having withdrawals. I raced a modded Mustang Cobra today in the Bentley GT, I whipped him, whipped him bad...but hell, there is no replacement for my Viper....(sigh)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are one of the very lucky ones in life that has it all---the beautiful wife, laughter, joy, passions, a BENTLEY GT AND your gorgeous '04 BLACK SRT!!! You are truly blessed, and it shows. ~juli~

jwbond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love my 96 gts and wouldn't trade it for any other viper in the world. However, like all car nuts I do want to add to the stable down the line, but would like to add a ferrari or lambo, not another snake.

I plan on keeping Petey boy for life, but I think he needs some Italion lady friends to keep him company later on down the line.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thank YOU...sorry to hear about the Viper :(....what happened???? Much repair work involved? Hope not...Good luck with that, and we again hope to meet up with you and Crystal at some point! :cool: ~juli

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Casey,(the moderator going get me on this one....I will just have to buy him another drink in Jasper)...as a urological surgeon, I can help you out on surgically removing ....err...well anyway, I do not think there is much of a market for ....spare private parts.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my dream car a 97 B/W GTS. Will never sell or trade it. I have been bitten by the nostalga bug and am looking to buy a 1968 or 1969 Dodge Charger to fix up.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my 97 B/W GTS...........my kids will fight over it when I am dead. :) I plan on adding another GTS with a salvage title to track. I'll probably pick up a new Z06 some day ...when I am ready for a walker that will be the car I will drive.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Automotivewise I have been blessed.
I grew up in the hotrod era and first round of manufacturer horsepower wars in the 60's and early 70's, man was that great!
I am fortunate to own a mint original 70 hemi RTSE triple black challenger from back in the day as well as a 96gts and my alltime favorite 03 silver srt10 vert. The other cars in my stable can't hold a candle to any of those three.

Whenever I drive any of them I feel so damn lucky!

eagles

ViperDad58

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy - hell yeah! That beautiful Sapphire / Cognac combination - those sensual curves - that power - that same feeling of anticipation EVERY time I get to back out of the garage, for yet another "session" - That same feeling of "bummer" when my "session" has to end for the day - That big grin I get when I leave a restaurant, and get to walk across the parking lot, knowing that that bad ass Viper that I am staring at the whole time, is MINE, and yes dear, we are going to take the longest route home. This is MY viper. This is THE one for me !! :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy - hell yeah! That beautiful Sapphire / Cognac combination - those sensual curves - that power - that same feeling of anticipation EVERY time I get to back out of the garage, for yet another "session" - That same feeling of "bummer" when my "session" has to end for the day - That big grin I get when I leave a restaurant, and get to walk across the parking lot, knowing that that bad ass Viper that I am staring at the whole time, is MINE, and yes dear, we are going to take the longest route home. This is MY viper. This is THE one for me !! :2tu:

Spoken eloquently and as passionately as we also feel for OUR Viper!!!! YESSSSSSSS,
we are HAPPY!~!~! :D :drive: :drive: :drive: (HATE when OUR season ends, which is pretty early up here, have to look in the garage at the BEAST all winter long, all 8 months of it~~:( --but just LOOKING at it makes me happy!! :) :) ) ENJOY~~juli

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a perfect 2000 steel grey GTS and while Im happy with the car, I would jump at the chance to own a 1999 silver/blue stripe GTS.

Hmmm, might just have to trade ya there. Actually, I am very happy with mine as well. I love this color combo and the year. I wouldn't mind one with a few less miles and a few more mods, but I love her just the same.

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually was faced with the decision of buying a Final Edition Dodge Viper or a Ford GT.
I picked the Viper for several reasons.
1) Cost, I got into an 02 for less than 70k, while I would have to ante up close to 200k for the Ford GT.
2) Insurance Premiums on the Viper were relatively reasonalbe. Ford GT would cost 4x as much. (Yes you can argue that if you can afford the car you can afford the insurance, but that is not necessarily true. Most people who are wealthy and worked for it tend to like to not have extra expenses that are not justified.) (The wealthy working class (Doctors and Lawyers etc) tends to be thrifty while the rich non working class aka celeb's
+ Pro Athletes + Inheritance people tend to spend money care free)
3) Ford GT is 1/4 as common as a Dodge Viper (3000 Ford GT's compared to 11,000 Gen II Vipers) I dont compare all Dodge VIpers cause then you could throw the GT 40 in the mix as well.
4) Both cars have that head turning ability
5) Both Cars bam kind of look. Viper is closer to resemble a Vette in that it is curvey while the Ford GT is closer to a Ferrari Testarosa.
6) Performance wise the GT is a superior car stock. However, I always viewed cars with superchargers and turbo's and not being truly stock. Yeah the company put it there, but when you compare a TT Viper vs a Ford GT things dramatically change.
Ford GT is quite refined, the Viper is quite raw.
I would love to have them both but I can't afford them both at this time (future is a different story).
I don't know if the mustang people give Ford GT owners any love, but as a Viper owner when you go to a cruise or a show there might be 1 or 2 Vipers there so you have some comradere. Vette guys have their group, Mustangs have their group, and well as Ford GT you are kind of to rare to associate with anyone.

I think most people are favoring the GT just because it is more expensive and more rare.
When I look at the two cars I actually prefer the styling of my Viper to the GT.