Why Blur Plates?

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do so many people blur plates when they take pics of their cars? Are people afraid of stalking or something?

I mean, when we are out in the real world you can't blur your plates and I have never heard of an issue.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the bad guys can see a pic of a Viper, could run the plate and get your name, address, etc...and ****, your Viper is stolen while you sleep the next night. True, you drive around town with tag fully exposed, but its just a precaution most take when posting pics. I'm not that worried...I live in a small town with a red and yellow Viper thats louder than the civil war....it'd take approximately 5 mins to find them.

True story: I went to work one day and when I shut the front door the deadbolt didnt catch all the way. The wind blew the door open and it set off my house alarm. I got the call at work from the alarm company, so I left and met the police here. The police beat me here and since the front door was open, he came on in and started searching the house. He went to the garage and saw the Viper. When I got here, he was like "I was not planning on seeing a Viper when I walked in your garage". I told him if he ever gets a house alarm call again, to go check on the Viper 1st ( :) ). He was like "I'm not worried about someone stealing that thing, we'd spot it quick....the hard part would be catching them" :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some cases--maybe the plate is ummmmmm....coated with a mysterious substance that ummmmmm.....doesn't '''''reflect'''''.......some of you may 'know' what I mean here!
~juli
(without stating the obvious!)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In some cases--maybe the plate is ummmmmm....coated with a mysterious substance that ummmmmm.....doesn't '''''reflect'''''.......some of you may 'know' what I mean here!
~juli
(without stating the obvious!)

What kind of gross thought path are you on? Or is my brain the one that is gutter bound?

And yeah, I've thought about the fact that I posted my car with plate plain as can be. Come get it. The average household in Texas has 8 guns. My parents have none. My sister/brother in law have none. Do I have 24 to make the stat balance? The car is in the garage.

I know, spoken like a true redneck! No, proudly spoken like a true... :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave6666,

I heard Texas still has a law on the books which after dark allows you to shoot first and ask questions later....I like that!!! I gotta get my Green Card before I buy a gun. Until then, I use the lawman autolock on the clutch and would be a hell of a long time to cut it off.

Regards,
Aaron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave6666,

I heard Texas still has a law on the books which after dark allows you to shoot first and ask questions later....I like that!!! I gotta get my Green Card before I buy a gun. Until then, I use the lawman autolock on the clutch and would be a hell of a long time to cut it off.

Regards,
Aaron

Yup, you are correct. You can defend your property OUTSIDE the home with deadly force here. It's been tested.

But mine is in the garage. Inside the home has been tested too.

I do however believe that a sensible approach to where you park should be your first line of defense.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
privacy - the internet is cool but not everybody has to know the license plates of our cars.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a guy wrecked his car at the track. it was messy. he towed it down the street and then reported the wreck and made an insurance claim.

It was a z06.

the insurance people went searching the internet and found a movie on-line of a guy with a car with a similar color that was wrecked at the track. the entire thing was on film. the tag # of the vette matched that of the insurance-claim car.

morale of the story: take off your plate when you race. Better morale: don't try to defraud the insurance company!

JD

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a guy wrecked his car at the track. it was messy. he towed it down the street and then reported the wreck and made an insurance claim.

It was a z06.

the insurance people went searching the internet and found a movie on-line of a guy with a car with a similar color that was wrecked at the track. the entire thing was on film. the tag # of the vette matched that of the insurance-claim car.

morale of the story: take off your plate when you race. Better morale: don't try to defraud the insurance company!

JD

Huh... Racing... Less than honest owner... Got caught... Moral? Screw with the law and you might pay the price.

Sooooooo, the fact that people that want to hide their PUBLIC info, they are what?!?

FYI: Vehicle registration is public info. So yeah, if you plan on doing something stupid and then hiding it, you might want to take a course in planning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96