Why Compare The SRT Viper To The Corvette Stingray Z51?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good points in that read. Come to think of it, it's essentially the same as comparing the Viper to a Ferrari. You pay way more for the Ferrari, but you don't get that much more performance. However, you do get the Ferrari name and pretige. It's nice to see a low buck car hang with the big guys in performance, just not as easy to swallow when you're on the other side.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Viper had the C7 budget, it would be unbeatable.

With what SRT had to work with, honestly, you can't beat what they wriggled out of the vehicle.

The Gen V is fantastic in every single way. I love mine and would buy it again. I'd rather have it than a C7, any day of the week. If the Gen V wasn't in my budget, I'd be all over a C7, it will be a fantastic car.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest, as a daily driver and something that I don't worry too much about having some idiot at Costco slam their shopping cart into, I wouldn't mind having a C7. It looks like a fun car and you just can't beat the performance per dollar value. The Viper is in a whole different class - and it falls into a whole different category of car as far as I'm concerned. It's not quite a McLaren or Lambo with respect to how paranoid I'd be leaving it unattended in public, but it's definitely something that I value a lot more than a regular car.