Why does DC choose not to install traction

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Glad to hear the next version will have some electronic controls (hopefully overide-able) for traction/handling.

Count me as one who supports the integration of proven technology to make these cars better. Purists can always buy a comp coupe, or remove some of the technology, if they want.

I really can't believe they didn't follow Corvette's excellent LEAD in this area with their C5 Active Handling (defeatable) when they released the Viper Gen III. DC asleep at the switch and how many fatalities and totaled Gen IIIs already????

IMO, that's just stupid!! Surprised there haven't been lots of lawsuits already.

And it's embarassing to have Vette lead us in such a critical safety area. All you track rats out there have my total respect for what you do, but the VAST majority of these cars NEVER see any real track time, and they are a constant danger to their owners, their passengers, and innocent folk who get in their way, without 21st century technology like active handling to help save the drivers who lose it. Not to mention, except for the track pros (and maybe some of them, too!), everyone's lap times will go way down with active handling... :2tu: