With all the HID threads I still have a question about our projectors

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am getting ready to order my HID kit upgrade for my viper (94 RT10). I have read all the threads on these and have done these conversions before in cars (always upgrading the actual headlights to projector beams for proper cutoff). Anyway I haven't seen anyone say that our stock projectors are ok to stick an HID bulb in so that it will give a proper cutoff line. I am "assuming" they will b/c so many people have done it but just kinda wanted to "officially" ask to make sure that our projectors don't require any modification or anything to go full HID on the 9005 low beam? Thanks!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed the SharpHID kit in my '01 Viper. No modifications needed. It's so easy even Willem could do it. :D

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am getting ready to order my HID kit upgrade for my viper (94 RT10). I have read all the threads on these and have done these conversions before in cars (always upgrading the actual headlights to projector beams for proper cutoff). Anyway I haven't seen anyone say that our stock projectors are ok to stick an HID bulb in so that it will give a proper cutoff line. I am "assuming" they will b/c so many people have done it but just kinda wanted to "officially" ask to make sure that our projectors don't require any modification or anything to go full HID on the 9005 low beam? Thanks!

The cutoff line in the OEM projectors is not bad though the lens is not designed for an HID. They do take them well with no issues though. I have though about fitting a Gen 3 projector into a Gen 2 housing but the cost to do so as a test would be really expensive.