1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wondering if there is a way to tell what clutch is in my car??

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by happy, Apr 5, 2015.

1. happy

happy Viper Owner

I have a rear crank seal leaking going to take it into my buddys shop and use there lift to work on it, now I want a order a new clutch cause this one is covered in oil.. and have to take tranny out anyways to change the seal, I know its not a stock clutch in the car. Its very hard to push the clutch pedal in compared to three other viper gen 2's I been in. My question is anyway I can tell what the clutch might be before taking out tranny?? cant really see **** all with inspection cover off.. thanks!

2. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Enthusiast

Most have either Fidanza or RPS. The Fidanze has clutch plates rivoted in so they can't be replaced, RPS clutch can be rebuilt.

If it's another brand, hopefully after you clean it, something might show up. You could also try posting a picture of it when i'ts out.

3. happy

happy Viper Owner

Was hoping to have the new clutch lol before I took it out so I'm not tieing up his lift!

4. csmwiese

csmwiese Viper Owner

I've installed Luk clutches in both my 1997 GTS and 2004 Vipers, great holding and pedal has a "stock/OE" feel. Also, you should replace your Slave Cylinder and Resurface the Flywheel.

Clint

5. RedEnuf93

RedEnuf93 Enthusiast

I have a stock LUK clutch, with over 600HP at the wheels. No problems whatsoever.
    I would consider stock clutch, if you are under 600HP. Cheap and bombproof.
    Yes, I track and Dragrace with it.

6. Dan Cragin

Dan Cragin Enthusiast

Give me a call, I can go over what you need to know to identify the clutch and flywheel you have.

Dan 310-597-6295

7. Fatboy 18

Fatboy 18 Enthusiast

Orange cover with Flyweights = Centreforce Clutch

Blue cover could be a Spec clutch, various clutch plate options

Non painted cover, LUK clutch OEM clutch is made by LUK ;)