Wondering if there is a way to tell what clutch is in my car??

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a rear crank seal leaking going to take it into my buddys shop and use there lift to work on it, now I want a order a new clutch cause this one is covered in oil.. and have to take tranny out anyways to change the seal, I know its not a stock clutch in the car. Its very hard to push the clutch pedal in compared to three other viper gen 2's I been in. My question is anyway I can tell what the clutch might be before taking out tranny?? cant really see **** all with inspection cover off.. thanks!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most have either Fidanza or RPS. The Fidanze has clutch plates rivoted in so they can't be replaced, RPS clutch can be rebuilt.

If it's another brand, hopefully after you clean it, something might show up. You could also try posting a picture of it when i'ts out.

OP
OP
H

happy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was hoping to have the new clutch lol before I took it out so I'm not tieing up his lift!

csmwiese

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've installed Luk clutches in both my 1997 GTS and 2004 Vipers, great holding and pedal has a "stock/OE" feel. Also, you should replace your Slave Cylinder and Resurface the Flywheel.

Clint

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a stock LUK clutch, with over 600HP at the wheels. No problems whatsoever.
I would consider stock clutch, if you are under 600HP. Cheap and bombproof.
Yes, I track and Dragrace with it.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Give me a call, I can go over what you need to know to identify the clutch and flywheel you have.

Dan 310-597-6295

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Orange cover with Flyweights = Centreforce Clutch

Blue cover could be a Spec clutch, various clutch plate options

Non painted cover, LUK clutch OEM clutch is made by LUK ;)