Yellow VS Black???

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having recently sold my 99 RT Blk/Blk (and regretting it terribly), I am now faced with a new dilemma - purchase a new 2000 Black/Black or try to break out of my all black car mold and experiment w/ the Yellow/blk Rt.

Obviously this is a personal choice, but has anyone seen the two side by side and have any thoughts?

Plus, in two years will it (yellow) be as easy to turn as my black one was?

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
go with black unless your really outgoing person went and looked at a new blue, yellow , and a black one and ending up buying a new solid black gts today it just had that mean sinister look. I like yellow but its just too much yellow for me. But you will definately be noticed with the yellow car.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also consider this: The yellow will have ABS, while the black will not. If any of our new club members shows up in the daylight for tomorrow night's Kansas City meeting, I will get some side-by-side shots of yellow and black. I think there are four new yellow Vipers in town and three are in the club (trying to track down the other owner). I will let you know!

Chris

PS. No matter what you get, make sure YOU like it. It's a Viper, so that is 99.99% of the battle already won!

Lee Dove

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I'll admit the Black looks great. But, it's like having a full time job trying to keep it clean. Since I'm a little on the lazy side, I'm painting mine 2001 Yellow
You must be registered for see images

cmfwaic

OP
OP
M

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the all the input. After a few difficult nights, I decided to go for the yellow. I found a nice two year lease program, so I'll also be primed for the '03.

I picked the car up today and it is definitely different, to coin a phrase. I anticipate having alot of fun with this car. Hope to see some of you at various events.

Andy

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MrLucky,

I had a Black RT for about 1 1/2 years. Looked AWESOME.. NOTHING beats black, that's for sure. However, I will NEVER, NEVER get a black car again!!!! After washing it 3 times a day (heh, before I discovered Zaino)I was tired of cursing it. Black is a magnet for dust, dirt, fingerprints, etc. If you don't mind your car getting dirty just sitting in your driveway, then go for black.

Sure is beautiful though the first 5 mins after it's clean!
(Black, that is)
Gerald

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Andy!!!...and, remember, you can ALWAYS stripe it...red, blue, tangerine, purple, green...

OP
OP
M

MrLucky1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was one of my dislikes about the RT, that Dodge doesn't offer factory stripes. As to the clean aspect, having had each of my last ten-fifteen cars all being black I certainly agree. However, having driven this yellow car for only one day, all road grime shows terribly. The tar, dust and road debris show exceptionally well against a bright yellow background. Oh well, I guess I'll just live each day with a hose in my hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper