06 Coupe Dyno Stock vs Boltons Results Inside!

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What's up guys -

I purchased my viper a little over a year ago and had it on the rollers not even an hour after signing the papers! The car was bone stock with 54k miles.

STOCK

455rwhp 472rwtq

I then decided to do the following modifications:

Roe Racing Intake Filters
Smooth Bellow (between throttle body and intake)
NGK plugs
Custom 3" Catless Midpipes (with 2.5" reducer to muffler)
Custom 2.5" Magnaflow mufflers
3.55 gears
SCT Tune from Dan @ Viper Specialties

These all netted the following results:

465rwhp 488rwtq

Overall I am very pleased with the results (keep in mind the 3.55 gears lower dyno numbers). Dan is happy with the AFR, and I am happy with the added lower end torque.

I will post up images of the dyno sheets soon.

Joe :drive::usa:

Last edited:

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th gear will always be 1:1 no matter what rear gear you run. Unless you change the trans.:)

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bet you picked up even more than the numbers your posted are reflecting. Best to do back to back the same day (same dyno, temp, humidity) so you can get a more accurate guage of the difference. Dan would know better than me but I think you lost about 3% rwhp by going to the 3:55's vs. the 3:07's? 3:55's work great in g3's and I'm sure Dan did a great job with the tune. Best wishes, Mike

OP
OP
E

Emerica4601

Viper Owner
Reaction score
4th gear will always be 1:1 no matter what rear gear you run. Unless you change the trans.:)

correct at the output of the transmission, but when it comes to being measured on a dyno my ratio changed due to rear gears.

With stock gears, I would have made ~15hp/tq more than what I listed

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my computer update was 300.00 . Its hard to place a value on this type of upgrade,but the car just ran better. Not sure what else you can bolt on that makes a difference I did a couple different TB's K&N Filter, new wire, Ported intake, really didn't feel any difference but that HP you would only see it in a dyno or straight line racing. I gave up on this car for straight line racing it just flat out is not built for this type of racing. I have to admit though it was fun, but things on this car have a tendency to break behind the drive shaft. No matter what you do. There really is no way to compete without wrecking a beautiful car. Its one or the other. I just went out and bought a drag car its way cheaper. Here's the package I bought for a total 0f $11,500 A 1968 Dodge Roadrunner, it came with a $12,500.00 built 440 big block this is a mean motor. behind it is a high performance 727 trans with trans break, scatter shield, dana 60 rear end, 14" Goodyear eagle 14" slicks, suspension all professionally done. front runner, the list goes on and on. This also included a trailer with electric brakes and all the tiedown straps.

Last edited:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As mentioned in this thread, both of the guys above have standard tunes- these are not "remote tunes" completed on a dyno, which would of course net a larger increase. Joe's numbers are consistent with minor mods + canned tune, and then adding 3.55 gears into the mix which will lower the wheel horsepower slightly. A change to a full 3" cat-back, eliminating the crossover, or putting on a full system w/headers would make all numbers MUCH more impressive.

That said, the power increase here is not the primary point. There are many changes made to the computer, from skip shift deletion, to fan routine changes, to deletion of the Power Enrichment Delay Timers. These changes alone are far more of a benefit than a few horsepower, especially the PE delay timer- it will make it feel like a different car.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way I see it is stitch with a good driver it would have probally went 12.0 @121 mph...

Now with the upgrades I suspect 11.7 @123 mph...

Damn fast for a car designed in 2003

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talki.g about his viper. Hawaiis always nice canyon. Good to see your still having fun

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right Hawaii is always nice. I uploaded a pic of my new race car let me know if you got it Not sure what happens after I hit the upload button. New drag only car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra