08 vipers are enroute!

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: 08 vipers are enroute, and driving great to boot!

I'm telling you, this thing drives with the greatest precision I've ever enjoyed. The next best was my '96 GTS, then the GenI, then-due to the runcraps-the '05. Any of you guys running runcraps-MHO-should try running a set of the P.S. II's. My '05 runcraps picked up the ruts left in our poor Louisiana asphalt roads by the heavy 18 wheel gravel trucks, but these new tires do NOT! Hip, Hip, Hooraaaaahhhh!
Joe Dell, you're a prophet, if you know what I mean. I only nugged 4,500 rpm for a second after 150 miles, just to make sure it was getting a "proper drive it like you stole it" break-in. I didn't rev it up thru the gears, though. I will wait till I change the oil and filter at 500 miles to do that. Then, baby, get outa my way, I'm scooting through! Wow, this thing is awesome!:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big: GREAT pics of you and your boys...and the Vipers, of course, but nice that you bring your boys to the showroom to see these awesome cars, great pics, thank you!! ~juli
Great to read impressions of what these cars can really do, too...whoever gets these '08's, please keep the commentaries coming!!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have any cars hit the NY/NJ area yet?

There's been a few that I know about, haven't seen them yet. I was told there was a 08' in Venom Red visiting my area about three weeks ago. Was at the Chrysler dealer and the manager told me the 08' rode smoother than the 06' when you kicked up on the throttle response.

--RS

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like that green but the white stripes just dont sit right to me at least not with chrome wheels but I can't think of a wheel that would work with it

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK you, Stretch for those gorgeous pics...you said you'd be going to look at the car, glad they let you take those pictures!!! ~juli

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK you, Stretch for those gorgeous pics...you said you'd be going to look at the car, glad they let you take those pictures!!! ~juli

Me too! Unfortunately they hadn't moved it to the new Lambo building yet so the lighting was bad and there was no eye candy in the background.

Now i don't no if I would get black stripes or white stripes!

Ahh, the tough choices in life :) I'd really like to see 2 green side by side, one with white stripes and one with black stripes to compare b/c I'm not sure which stripes I like better on it either.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd really like to see 2 green side by side, one with white stripes and one with black stripes to compare b/c I'm not sure which stripes I like better on it either.
Oh, wait until you see green with graphite stripes or GTS Blue with black stripes - WOW!! :2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, wait until you see green with graphite stripes or GTS Blue with black stripes - WOW!! :2tu:

Ironically I was thinking about that yesterday. I played around with the color combos on the Dodge site last week and cannot wait to see a blue w/ black stripes in person.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_5955xx.jpg

my boys were with me and wanted in the pics!

IMG_5936xx.jpg

another fun night at Roanoke Motors! thanks again John! high res pics in my gallery.

IMG_5956xx.jpg

Great pics, neighbor! And, of course, I love the new green without the stripes!!!!! Am I the only goofball out there who prefers the car without the stripes? Speak up, there has to be at least one more!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics, neighbor! And, of course, I love the new green without the stripes!!!!! Am I the only goofball out there who prefers the car without the stripes? Speak up, there has to be at least one more!

I also love the green with no stripes...2 goofballs here at least!! :D ~juli

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Green with no stripes on a vert looks really good. Besides, its a Viper, just buy it.

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And, of course, I love the new green without the stripes!!!!! Am I the only goofball out there who prefers the car without the stripes? Speak up, there has to be at least one more!
My personal preference is vert without stripes and coupe with stripes. Stripes on coupe give aggressive, **** appearance which is the driving feel relative to the vert. I know you disagree on coupe view but take a look at Dave6666 cool striping that he posted in another thread (very nice).

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, the black out is NOT done at Prefix. Its done at dodge. Any cars going to prefix dodge does not paint the rear diffuser. How do i know? Because I look at my 06 with factory stripes and can tell its not PAINTED black, it IS black... black plastic... its NOT painted. So that means it was left unpainted at dodge, then went to prefix.

Jon

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal preference is vert without stripes and coupe with stripes. Stripes on coupe give aggressive, **** appearance which is the driving feel relative to the vert. I know you disagree on coupe view but take a look at Dave6666 cool striping that he posted in another thread (very nice).

I can see that! Yea, that's a good way to look at it. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave