08 vipers are enroute!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big: THANK YOU~~~Absolutely, the coupes look totally BADASP!!! GREAT pics...can't wait to see people out and about in the Spring with these beasts. ~juli

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely STUNNING!!....might have to take a ride down to Buhler sooner than I thought!!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok the car is definitely different. Quite a bit louder than my 2004. I will have to rethink if i really want to change the exhaust. The dealer finished the car and suddenly the Florida rain gods(south of West Palm Beach) opened up and poured on me. A few noticeable differences...Compressor in the trunk for the tires, weight sensor for children, different gas pedal feel and a feeling that I had to allow for more time between gas pedal release and clutch. THe car looks awesome in person and if I can ever get the pictures loaded then you can see the difference with the sun on the paint.

GreenMamba,
Did you ever figure out how to download more pics of your car? Do you have any more driving impressions for us? Kevin

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. I don't think I could peel myself away from the showroom and could spend days looking over the '08s. Thanks for pics!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see they still followed the same pattern as the 06s, if the car has stripes, the diffuser in the rear is black, and the cars without stripes are the same color as the car

lethlvnm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here are some nice pics from some dealer up in Nebrasky - Woodfarm? Smokehouse? I can never quite remember them fellers up there... :D

308s.jpg

Optical illusion - they ARE as straight as an arrow:

stripes.jpg

Did somebody say two-tone interior?

2gray.jpg

08s.jpg

Hold the phone, is that green with WHITE stripes?

gwhite.jpg

By golly, it sure is! And NICE too!

gwhite2.jpg

reliable.jpg

fleet.jpg

And how about THIS two-tone interior? Nice!!

2bluetone.jpg

My thanks to Mark Jorgensen and Bill Pemberton for sending these beauties on! :2tu:

:jawdrop: Great, it makes me want to sell mine now.... good job with the pictures, they look very professional.:2tu:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see they still followed the same pattern as the 06s, if the car has stripes, the diffuser in the rear is black, and the cars without stripes are the same color as the car

To clarify, when the cars are assembled at Connor, there are no different parts for a car which is to be striped later at Prefix. Prefix does the black out as a part of the stripe option. The black out is a light sanding followed by a repaint. After the paint work is done the entire car is baked at 140 degrees.

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Venom Red a hard color to nail down until you see it

I made the 3 hour trip up to Roanoke to see the Venom Red yesterday (have one on order with silver stripes). Met big-n-italian there as he was taking these pictures. Great guy. Kinda tall. Kinda Italian-looking. ;-)

Note for the new Venom Red color that the 4th picture (the one of just the rear of the convertible) is closest to what it should look like in daylight. That particular car is sitting with its rear facing a large glass wall to the outdoors. John Gastman of Roanoke also said the color really comes alive in daylight. The fluorescent light doesn't do it justice. Makes it look darker and duller.

John let us fire up the red coupe (right in the show room!) to hear how great it sounds. My first impression - hard to explain here - is that it was very "solid" - like the power is just consistently pushing through it and into you. Even better when revved up a little.

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,
No time this weekend to post more pictures. I am limited on my space since they haven't changed me to member. If you want I can send you some. Let me tell you, this car is absolutely amazing. I had to get used to driving it again. Everything about the car is tighter and the enhancements to the clutch/transmission combination have resulted in a beautiful upgrade. The color is incredible and you are going to really enjoy it. I took my 3 year old for an extended ride and it was amazing how many people knew the 08 by the color. I hope you get your new one soon.:D

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
swanny! it was nice to meet you the other day too!

i hope you had a safe trip home and we all want to see pics of your car as soon as you get it!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,
No time this weekend to post more pictures. I am limited on my space since they haven't changed me to member. If you want I can send you some. Let me tell you, this car is absolutely amazing. I had to get used to driving it again. Everything about the car is tighter and the enhancements to the clutch/transmission combination have resulted in a beautiful upgrade. The color is incredible and you are going to really enjoy it. I took my 3 year old for an extended ride and it was amazing how many people knew the 08 by the color. I hope you get your new one soon.:D

GreenMamba,
Thanks for your driving impressions and yes please send some pics of your car to me at [email protected] when you get some time...I cant wait to see this color in person but not in a big rush since I have about 18" of snow on the ground here and more coming...( My coupe is built and pending inspection)I cant wait until my wife can retire so I can move to a warmer climate...:( Thanks Again,Kevin:D

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, Web-Mates, is this GREENMAMBA with the FIRST POST of "'08 OWNER WITH CAR" ?? If so, your are eligible for the $50 PartsRack Credit....... But Your profile is nameless...... CONGRATS, whoever you are !! Drop me a name/address/etc pedigree and Ill create a $50 credit file

Beautiful car!!!! Lemme help with the pic:

DSCN1547.JPG

Last edited:

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Web-Mates, is this GREENMAMBA with the FIRST POST of "'08 OWNER WITH CAR" ?? If so, your are eligible for the $50 PartsRack Credit....... But Your profile is nameless...... CONGRATS, whoever you are !! Drop me a name/address/etc pedigree and Ill create a $50 credit file
I WON I WON!!!!! I could not have done it without everyone's help in posting.

JonB I will send you the info.

2 VENOMOUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jon, do I win anything I'm the first viper owner to see Greenmamba's Viper, I took my Vipers out this weekend and a neighbor tells me he just saw a green viper go that way, well you can imagine my thoughts, I was like no really thats gotta be the first 08 around well sure enough and it looks real nice!

Congrats to you Greenmamba, and well get together real soon....

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know you guys really kill me. Here I am going out on a limb buying a 2008 just so that I can tell you how it really drives. What a risk I took.... Sorry too busy driving to pay any attention to anything else.:D :drive:

greenmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Y2K5SRT I joined and paid the dues I just haven't been too focused on calling to get my status changed.