2006 ASC McLaren Viper

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the time of the Raffle it was the lust of everyone.........it has been up for sale for some time....but with the advent of the ACR a little dated on the power curve and body panels.....

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of the body panels were almost all one-off carbon fiber. I believe it started out life as one of the early blue/white First Editions and was then built up from there. Interesting to also note that the intake is a GTS/R Lemans intake that was supposed have been loaned for the show only, but ended up going with the car. There are VERY few (if any) of those intakes floating around outside of the LeMans cars - ten independent throttle bodies and a pain to tune.

It was the highest grossing raffle the club has EVER done, with 2750 tickets completely sold out. While it may not stack up to the track performance of an ACR, it is definitely one of the most unique "factory" Vipers to have ever been produced and with a stellar pedigree to boot. That $750K is very, very likely given all the one-off pieces that were done for it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car looks great IMO and is very cool but i cant imagine someone paying anywhere near that price for that car. maybe half....

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree way too much money and this car has been marketed everywhere one looks. Too much greed here as this car still cannot compete with the new technology of the ACR....which are selling for 100K. my bet is the value of this is falling like a rock even though it is a one off and pretty cool at that. It just does not do it for me.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that the paint job is ugly... It takes away from the lines of the car.

Are you legally blind :D:rolaugh: Seriously that thing is GORGEOUS, I can't see anyone saying it is ugly, to each their own, but I think that thing is beautiful with the exception of the orange/blue outline on the hood :dunno:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a collector car. If some of those old Mopars are bringing 100K today I can see this one bringing in some good money years down the road.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys who think it's ugly have not seen the beautiful work that went into this car. The carbon fiber is just stunning. They offered a different intake so it could be driven too if I'm not mistaken...
I bought a lot of tickets to get this car, I wanted it so bad. Then I heard it was won by a zone director... Lucky for them, too bad they don't just drive it.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I looked again... still ugly... I looked at other pics and now I see the carbon fiber... worse than if it was just painted black... I hate carbon fiber--looks like a plaid sports jacket was thrown up on the rear of the car. I am sorry, but I just don't get the whole "Carbon Fiber look" rage? It will go away just like other fads... You know, leisure suits, perms for men, Lexus cars :)lmao:), etc....

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO still an awesome one off car, with huge collector potential in the future.
As far as the performance vs. ACR, who cares? That's just evolution.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't get the whole "Carbon Fiber look" rage? It will go away just like other fads... You know, leisure suits, perms for men, Lexus cars :)lmao:), etc....

I'm not a big fan of the CF look either. I like the weight savings but that's all. Anyway, don't expect it to go away anytime soon, they've got designer patterns and colors now.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the CF look either. I like the weight savings but that's all. Anyway, don't expect it to go away anytime soon, they've got designer patterns and colors now.

Yea, you are probably right Chuck. With designer colors and patterns it will probably become even more popular. Hey, I might even like the look of different patterns and colors, but that black and grey pattern doesn't do it for me. I would only consider a small piece here and there... like Jon B's splash guards. Just enough, but not too much. Those would actually look good on my silver car, but that carbon fiber stuff is really pricey (no offense to Jon B).

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think George is ready for this stuff

[media]http://compositeenvisions.com/images/reflective%20carbon%20fiber%20panels.jpg[/media]

[media]http://compositeenvisions.com/images/reflective%20carbon%20fiber%20fabrics%202.jpg[/media]

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people do not understand the significance of this car.

ASC (Formerly American Sunroof Corp.) was attempting to extend their market to be OEM supplier to the major manufacturers.

They were developing a less expensive carbon fiber production method that would have resulted in a high volume avaliability of cost effective light weight carbon fiber body panels.

This would have resulted in a later generation Viper with hundreds of pounds shaved off its curb weight. The carbon was left bare in this concept vehicle to showcase the lightweight parts.

Everybody was screaming for the Vipers to shave off some weight without greatly increasing its costs. This concept car was used (at great development cost) to prove the concept.

In order to increase the product awareness the custom hood with 10 fantastic looking injection stacks was integrated. For most high performance guys (and gals) this combination of light weight, with more horsepower certaintly got their attention.

Maybe those that think it is not a valuable Viper fail to recognize the significance of this very special piece of Viper memorabilia.

The trickle down of this technology certaintly might have resulted in all cars being stronger, lighter weight, increasing fuel economy, better handling, and more affordable.

V

Venomiss

You guys who think it's ugly have not seen the beautiful work that went into this car. The carbon fiber is just stunning. They offered a different intake so it could be driven too if I'm not mistaken...
I bought a lot of tickets to get this car, I wanted it so bad. Then I heard it was won by a zone director... Lucky for them, too bad they don't just drive it.

No actually the winner was his wife who has a totally separate membership.;)
She purchased the ticket and was in a dental chair when they called to tell her she won.
The only other winner that has been a woman was the VooDoo Viper that was announced at VOI11 in person.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somehow I don't think George is ready for this stuff

[media]http://compositeenvisions.com/images/reflective%20carbon%20fiber%20panels.jpg[/media]

[media]http://compositeenvisions.com/images/reflective%20carbon%20fiber%20fabrics%202.jpg[/media]

No, I am ready for that! I just dislike the dull look of the black/grey carbon fiber. Love the colors! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang