1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 question around performance mods

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by drasch21, Jan 9, 2021.

1. drasch21

drasch21 Enthusiast

Hey all,

Recently stepped into a 2008 viper. Bone stock.

I am wanting to do

Belanger full exhaust(headers/catback/highflow cats)

5th gen intake

DSE catch can

I live in missouri and they require an OBDII "ready state" scan to pass emissions.

Will this setup work on the car without throwing CEL/MIL?

If not, what are the options for making it work?

Thanks!

2. redtanrt10

redtanrt10 Enthusiast

On top of that you need to get the Mopar Venom controller

With the headers, it's when, not if they will throw a CEL. Before going to emissions testing you'll need to, swap out the controller to the stock one, then clear the codes, then do the correct driving cycle so that the emission system reads "ready". You must drive the car with high RPM's and don't lug the engine or you'll trip a CEL Good luck!! Mike

3. drasch21

drasch21 Enthusiast

Torrie from hp tuner says he handle this via the HP tuner module. Seems reasonable?

4. Dan Cragin

Dan Cragin Enthusiast

I have been able to get these cars to pass the emissions monitors with the stock controller. The upstream O2 sensors need to be relocated to collector, a CA approved or secondary production catalyst used and the downstream sensors mounted behind the catalyst with proper shielding.

5. Kevin M Melisz

Kevin M Melisz Enthusiast

Hi drasch21, I recently put on a full Belanger exhaust on my stock 08 with stock controller. I have about 500 miles on the car without throwing any CEL/MIL.

I would be happy to discuss the project.